1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Comprehension of reality,
Planted 40 seedlings yesterday
All wilted and died.
not sure I like these wool cubes,
600 more seedlings in the waiting.
The first round was way more successful using happy frog in the hole rather then planting directly in soil.
We shall go back to our first round style of planting seedlings,
Live and learn😉

chemistry

chemistry

All wilted and died.
The first round was way more successful using happy frog in the hole rather then planting directly in soil.
Live and learn😉

I've never done any good with seeds in rock wool, cuttings, yes, but not seeds, seeds I do best with the root riot type of cube on a tray, I like organic best for soil. I don't water my plants outdoors in hot sunlight, as it makes the plants wilt, better to water them just before sundown, stops the majority of day time wilt.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
All wilted and died.
Live and learn😉
I went with fabric pots that are roughly the size of a soda can. Found packs of 1,000 for like 20 some dollars on Amazon, so I ordered 3,000 for my hemp this year. So far they're working GREAT. Only lost 2 plants because I missed them while watering the other hundreds.

20210621 131216
Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
How's the hemp going bro? Just out of curiosity what strain are you growing? We're currently growing The White CBG (THC free strain) and Cat's Meow CBD. Glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't done planting yet. Still have hundreds left to stick in the field, weather permitting. I am also using a proprietary technique to grow my hemp this year. I will share the information after season finishes out. Want to make sure the R&D is complete before sharing my secrets 🤠 👍

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
How's the hemp going bro? Just out of curiosity what strain are you growing? We're currently growing The White CBG (THC free strain) and Cat's Meow CBD. Glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't done planting yet. Still have hundreds left to stick in the field, weather permitting. I am also using a proprietary technique to grow my hemp this year. I will share the information after season finishes out. Want to make sure the R&D is complete before sharing my secrets 🤠 👍
Coming along, have a heat wave coming this weekend 106f Saturday
104 Sunday and 102f Monday🥵
We’re running Glacier CBG primarily and a couple CBD strains. Pretty much through all our eggs in one basket:)

chemistry

chemistry

Can you put some skrim over the hoops? This would give you the shade you need, and still let the sun through a bit too.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
lookin good. I wonder if the issues you had with the wool cubes is the different kind of root structure wool influences. I've had good success with wool indoors, both with clones and seeds, but I also only run those for plants destined for hydro. Otherwise, I use root riots for everything.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
So far so good on my end! We planted 80 or so plants on Sunday night and even having skipped watering yesterday and the extreme heat, they're doing very well! I am also hemp farmin' on a budget, so after this year, if we see great success, I will share my methods. Right now I am trying something that people have called me crazy for and it involves a lot of prep work to make a field like this work, but in my decades of experience growing, I feel confident I have taken some of the best methods and combined them, into something unique and viable for low maintenance, low budget, high quality and yield hemp crops. This method should work for just about any crop, perhaps change the way agriculture in America is done for the considerable future... At least for arid, dry and/or crazy weather states like Colorado.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
What you see there are wild weeds
My buddy last year planted his hemp in a wide open, flatter than flat, freshly tilled field. Grasshoppers had nothing to eat but hemp, so guess what they ate?

souf69

souf69

Staking and tying today for a bit.
11am and already 85f out here🥵 gona quit early, unfortunately:(View attachment 1139849View attachment 1139850
Clear all the green vegetation around your whole grow. The green will attract grasshoppers, locusts, other bugs. Hopefully you have no cats around either. Cats will pass and shit all over. You will see in the end which one or two plants are favored. Chickens are good but will do a little damage around the plants. Stay vigilante and you will be good.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
What’s your take on the use of glyphosate @1diesel1
Could really help to keep the carpet weeds from competing?
I sprayed my garden 6 years ago when I couldn’t get the weeds under control,
Mulch keeps them in check now, no sprays since.

7A817EBF 8328 4A1B 9D7B 2B56B3524ADC
souf69

souf69

What’s your take on the use of glyphosate @1diesel1
Could really help to keep the carpet weeds from competing?
I sprayed my garden 6 years ago when I couldn’t get the weeds under control,
Mulch keeps them in check now, no sprays since.
Nice garden, the bad is the glyphosate is still in your soil.
Best way to control weeds is to improve your brix level, and pull, not glyphosate. Don't support mon san to.

Top Bottom