Hemp Oil Cures Cancer!?!?

• Thread starter Redskywalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Ariako

Haha.. Cerebro you must have a hardon for me. Pathetic.

Most of the scum butane products I see on the market are almost insultingly impure at 60-80%. I knew two places that used temperature controlled vacuum purge systems to remove 95% or more of the butane, and that didn't have the harsh 'burn' people describe. That burn is the butane causing esophagus damage, and you should avoid it if you just stay away from home run extraction... Without proper equipment, the purity is going to suffer, and when the butane levels get too high, YOU pay the price.

As for the people who don't feel like doing research on things they're putting into their lungs, do what makes you happy. I'll say I told you so at your funeral, because that's the kind of friend I am ;)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I am unable to post this in the Success Stories for whatever reason, so I posted here. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer on October 18, 2013. I was advised by my doctor that my only options were to get a prostatectomy or have radiation seeds implanted in my prostate or receive regular external beam radiation. I declined. I knew there had to be other options.
I scoured the Internet and discovered a wealth of information about cannabis oil curing cancer. I was able to obtain some medical marijuana oil through Dr Palmer (Rick Simpson Oil) from it and consumed the recommended dosage by mid January. On January 26th I had a cancer reassessment which consisted of an MRI with a state of the art Tesla 3 MRI machine. Results - NO SIGN OF CANCER! CANCER FREE!One of the things that helped me while going through all this was reading the testimonials and the success stories of those who have used the oil and were cured And with good food diet. Now that this wonderful oil has cured me, I feel I need to let others know as well. Please feel free to contact me, ask anything
should you like more information or directly contact Dr Palmer at: [email protected] were i purchased from. Thank you, Arthur Mike ~

So in this thread your Arthur Mike cured of prostate cancer.
But In another thread your Becky recovered from spinal tumor here.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...mpson-oil-on-cancer.72904/page-4#post-1804698

Both referencing the email of a person who you " procured
" oil from?

You need to stop promoting yourself and illegal activities.

Here is your other posting.

"“I'm Becky Anderson and I am a healthy and active 43 year old female, a sad story but tears of Joy thanks Dr Palmer. In March of 2013, I was diagnosed with an intramedulary spinal tumor at L1. In June of 2013, 40% of the tumor was removed by UCSF and was biopsied as a Grade 1 Astrocytoma and I was prescribed 37 rounds of radiation. By August of 2013, the tumor had not only completely grown back, but had increased in size…about 3 centimeters tall and over a centimeter wide. At this point, it was pushing on the spinal cord enough that I was losing function of bowel, bladder, and especially, right leg. USCF admitted me as an emergency and they excised the entire tumor, whichthen biopsied as a Grade 4 Glioblastoma. More radiation ensued and almost a year of Temodar. Just over a year later, in October of 2014, it was discovered thatthe Glioblastoma had returned in its entirety and was once again taking away my function. In Desperation i contactedDr Palmer at;([email protected]) and procured the oil.I started aregimen of [Constance’s] Cannabis Oil. Slowly, I built my tolerance until I hit the full dose. I followed the regimen for 3 months starting in November of 2014and finished in January of 2015. In March of 2015, the MRI’s showed a significant of CANCER FREE. Both myoncologist and my radiologist seemed both impressed and excited at suchsignificant results which leads me to believe they didn’t expect such a drastic change in my status thanks to Dr Palmer and God bless you”

Sincerely
Becky Anderson"

I know these posts are old but can a moderator delete them?

Last edited:
420circuit

420circuit

The drive to make money in the cannabis business seems to be everywhere and it is causing a lot of problems. I have been growing, making and taking edible cannabis oil to self-treat, after having a glial tumor resected from my brain in 2010, folowed by a month of targeted radiation. People in my situation generally do not make it past a couple years. But here I am, getting better. I cannot tell if the cannabis oil is what is keeping the tumor from coming back, but maybe. As far as making edible cannabis oil, I think that using ethanol to extract is the most sensible method. I'll try to upload a guide that shows the process that I use. This method is legal in CO. We really do not know if cannabis oil inhibits cancer, but maybe, the evidence looks encouraging, but because the reports are so badly presented, along with the vast amount of fictional stories put out by sellers of God-knows-what, we have no way of knowing what the truth is. Cannabis has helped me in my recovery in several ways, as a sleep aid and for pain relief primarily. The anti-inflammatory effects of CBD help with my exercise routine now, since graduating from Physical Therapy. My dosage is typically 325mg of a very high CBD oil in the morning and then smaller, 50-100mg capsules during the day and as much as is practical in the evening. It is not practical to take 500mg, half a gram and then drive somewhere. I have a message to the guys blowing BHO and selling it to cancer patients, please stop. If you want to serve the underground market, at least make something that will not harm people. I have met people who are all excited about making a living by "helping people", but are actually the scum of the earth, simply because they are putting their own need for cash ahead of the safety and well being of a patient. As far as what seems to be working against cancer, the whole plant extract (perhaps because of an "entourage effect") has gotten considerable attention, but the details about why it has better results is not known. Because there is no clear path as far as what strains to use, I grow both high CBD and high THC plants and take both oils. I am also taking other supplements and get a ton of exercise. Exercise might have the single biggest effect against tumor formation, recent research has shown a huge difference in patient outcomes for several cancers, so put your shoes on and get outside, the sunshine creates vitamin D, which if you are deficient, may contribute to cancer growth. Long message, but hey, curing cancer is complicated. I would suggest to anyone considering cannabis oil as a treatment, to first use the tools we know work, like removing as much of the tumor tissue as possible with surgery, use radiation and/or chemo as directed by an oncologist and then, if there is no conflict with a required medication, go for it with a safely made edible oil.

View attachment Cannabis Oil.pdf
420circuit

420circuit

BTW, after a few years of daily cannabis oil consumption, I seem to be making a remarkable recovery. My workouts are similar to what I was doing almost 40 years ago and am enjoying excellent health, while not taking any pills for over 5 years. Participating in a couple research studies currently, wish the doctors would investigate why cannabis is working so well for my case.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

You know i for one start to think our brains do more healing then marijuana can.
were hearing this THC kills cancer etc etc but again i think science is not out as its just been pretty much legalized so now research can test it more and not just on Rats or petri dishes ..

IF your surrounded with negative vibes you will become negative your self

IF a person believes truly that something will heal them selfs chances are it just might work ,

This is what we might be seeing in MJ

Yes it has or science may show that it might slow down cancer cells or even kill cells
But there is allot of thing people are forgetting
like this

In one study, the researchers determined that it would take a concentration of cannabinoids of approximately 10 µmol/L to cause the death breast cancer cells in cell culture. This converts to around 3.14mg/L of THC. So, you’d have to assume that to kill any breast cancer cells, you’d need at least a blood level of 3.14 mg/L to achieve breast cancer cell death. So how close to that 3.14 mg/L can we get by just smoking a joint or two? According to research, smoking one joint will give you a blood level of THC of around 1.3-6.4 ng/mL serum, or about .00013-.00064 mg/L. In other words, to get an anti-cancer effect, you need to light up around 1000 joints per day.
putting it into perspective :) its no wonder why all these medical patients are still smoking it 10 years later and still have the same symptoms or just not have been cured
and why they need to keep smoking daily .

How many people you know that used marijuana to cure there disease and have since stopped smoking it because there cured ?? Anyone

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

And so it goes. Nearly all of these studies look at purified cannabinoids, usually either THC or CBD, but sometimes the endogenous cannabinoid anandamine (which isn’t even in marijuana), as with the breast cancer study above and this prostate cancer study. Some use synthetic agonists, such as the breast cancer and lung cancer studies above, or this study of mantle cell lymphoma that tested R(+)-methanandamide in addition to Win55,212-2, or this study of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which also used R(+)-methanandamide. With the exception of the glioma study, all were preclinical studies looking at cell culture models and mouse models. One was a review article. One, as I pointed out above, had nothing to do with cancer, and I suspect the author included it to round up his list of studies to 20.

Unfortunately, it’s a highly intellectually dishonest list of studies if your goal is to provide evidence that “cannabis” (as in the plant or extracts from the plant) can cure cancer. Unfortunately, this is not the first time Arjun Walia has constructed such a list. Last year, Liz Ditz nailed him for constructing a similarly intellectually dishonest list of studies that “show vaccines cause autism.” Let’s just put it this way. In 2013, Walia was still citing some highly discredited studies, such as studies by Mark and David Geier.

The intellectual dishonest of representing this list of studies as evidence that cannabis cures cancer aside, it is a group of moderately interesting papers that suggest that purified cannabinoid receptor agonists can produce reasonable, albeit by no means spectacular, antitumor effects in preclinical models. As a whole, they suggest that some of these purified cannabinoid agonists, whether naturally occurring, such as THC, CBD, or synthetic, such as R(+)-methanandamide, or specific to CB1 or CB2, such as Win55,212-2 and JWH-015, might be worth investigating further. Again, we’re talking about pharmacology, isolating active substances and purifying or chemically modifying them to improve their activity and safety profile, not smoking weed or using hash oil. Cancer Research UK concludes:

But claims that this body of preclinical research is solid “proof” that cannabis or cannabinoids can cure cancer is highly misleading to patients and their families, and builds a false picture of the state of progress in this area.

It’s also noted that the best results in the lab have come from using a combination of highly purified THC and CBD, but that there have also been positive results with synthetic cannabinoids, such as a molecule called JWH-133, just as I’ve described, through mechanisms that include:

• Triggering cell death, through a mechanism called apoptosis
  • Stopping cells from dividing
  • Preventing new blood vessels from growing into tumors
  • Reducing the chances of cancer cells spreading through the body, by stopping cells from moving or invading neighbouring tissue
  • Speeding up the cell’s internal ‘waste disposal machine’ – a process known as autophagy – which can lead to cell death
Unfortunately, as good as that sounds, it’s not all good. There is also evidence that cannabinoids, under some circumstances, can stimulate cancer cell growth and possibly contribute to tumor progression. They can also have different effects depending on dose and the level of cannabinoid receptors on the tumor cells being treated. For instance, this study suggests that cannabinoids only induce apoptosis in cells that express low levels of receptors that couple to a signaling pathway called ERK1/2 but don’t induce apoptosis in cells that have high levels of receptors because they then couple through a survival pathway known as AKT. Interestingly, cannabinoids also seem able to induce cell death through pathways that don’t involve cannabinoid receptors. In other words, it’s complicated, because cancer is complicated, and cancer drugs tend to work only against certain cancers. If cannabinoids do have anticancer effects in humans, it will likely only be against certain cancers, most likely combined with existing chemotherapy and targeted drugs. We also know from the preclinical work that has been done that it will take purified THC and/or CBD and/or synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonists to produce even the modest effects observed thus far, effects that are too modest to expect cannabinoids to be any sort of cure for cancer on their own. Smoking weed or using hash oil just isn’t going to cut it.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

And with that being said lets get into Hemp oil
that’s been going around social media as “proof” that cannabis cures cancer. This case report describes a 14-year-old girl, PK, who presented with symptoms of “weakness, shortness of breath and bruising when she was taken to the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada, on the 10th March 2006.” She was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and underwent standard chemotherapy for ALL for six months. Upon analysis, she was found to be positive for a mutation in the Philadelphia chromosome, which is found in 2-10% of pediatric ALL cases. Philadelphia chromosome-positive ALL tends to have a poorer prognosis than other ALL. PK underwent a bone marrow transplant but was noted to have blast cells six months after treatment and therefore underwent aggressive chemotherapy along with a tyrosine kinase inhibitor. After more recurrences and more treatment (such as radiation therapy to the brain for a presumed, but never completely documented, infiltration of the brain by leukemia, it was stated in the case report:

On the 4th February 2009, blood was noted in the patient’s stools and a blood cell count revealed the presence of blast cells. As a result, all treatment including the disatinib was suspended and the patient’s medical staff acknowledged failure in treating her cancer. It was charted by the patient’s hematologist/oncologist that the patient ‘suffers from terminal malignant disease. She has been treated to the limits of available therapy… no further active intervention will be undertaken’. She was placed in palliative home care and told to prepare for her disease to overwhelm her body and from which she would suffer a stroke within the next 2 months.

The family found articles on how cannabis supposedly cures cancer, and found their way to Rick Simpson, who has been featured in utterly credulous articles in High Times and SF Weekly (the latter of whose editors really should have known better) as the man who can cure cancer with hemp oil, who provided her with hemp oil mixed with honey (because of the bitter taste and viscous nature of hemp oil). This was administered in daily doses. It is claimed in this case report that there was a strong correlation between increasing dose of the hemp oil and decreases in PK’s blast count (a measure of leukemia cells in the blood), but looking at Figures 1, 2, 3, and 4, I have a hard time seeing it. Figure 1 shows increasing doses of hemp oil from what was called the “chronic” strain. That’s the closest we see to decreasing blast counts correlating with hemp oil dose. By day 15, the chronic strain was gone, and PK started taking Hemp Oil #2 from an outside source. In actuality in Figure 2, we see the blast count increasing with increasing dose until day 27, when it starts falling. Figure #3 shows Hemp Oil #3 (Afghan/Thai strain) from days 44 to 49. Given that the blast count stayed the same one can’t say much about this. Then Hemp Oil #4 was tried from day 50 to day 67, and her blast counts started rising. Finally, Hemp Oil #5 was tried and PK’s blast count fell between days 69 and 78. During that time, PK suffered the psychotropic effects of the hemp oil, including euphoria, disoriented memory, and the like.

Unfortunately, PK developed gastrointestinal bleeding and bowel perforation with peritonitis on day 78 and passed away. So, basically, she lived two and a half months after being placed on hospice. The authors assert that a dose-response curve was achieved, but to my eye I really don’t see it, except perhaps at the beginning, nor do I really buy the claim that the bumps in blast counts correlate with using “lower potency” strains. They also assert because PK was treated for tumor lysis syndrome (a syndrome in which the waste products of tumor breakdown, often seen after intense chemotherapy in hematopoietic malignancies, injure organs such as the kidneys), it must mean that the hemp oil was effective.
Unfortunately, even if a mild dose-response effect was observed that would not rule out spontaneous remission. Spontaneous remission is known to occur in ALL, although it is usually temporary, and spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome has been reported, although it is rare. In any case, one has to wonder whether the patient’s bone marrow was petering out near the end, something that is hard to determine because almost no laboratory values other than blast counts are presented, except at the end, when she had a very low platelet count (8K; normal 150K to 450K), a low white blood cell count (1.4, normal 4.5-13.0), and severe anemia (hemoglobin 8.2; normal: 13 to 16). It wasn’t established how the diagnosis of tumor lysis syndrome was made other than that the patient had elevated urate levels. Indeed, the entire case report seemed to have been written with the belief that it was the hemp oil that accounted for the decrease in blasts. A lot of information has been left out about the patient’s clinical course. All we know is that, after being placed in hospice, she was fortunate to have her blast count fall, developed a central line infection, and was treated for tumor lysis syndrome. We can also infer that she was still having considerable issues with her gut because she was on total parenteral nutrition (being fed by vein) and had trouble when they started to try to feed her orally again.

It should also be remembered that, whether or not hemp oil was responsible for the decline in blasts (which is possible but not convincingly demonstrated by this case study) or whether it was “burnout” of the bone marrow in the terminal phase of the disease or even spontaneous remission, the patient still died. She still developed GI bleeding and a GI perforation with peritonitis and died of it only 78 days after going on hospice. There’s no way of knowing whether hemp oil prolonged her life. Probably it did not, as a two to three month survival after going into hospice after being declared terminal for leukemia is well within what is expected. In other words, this case report is mighty thin gruel indeed.

Of course, the sad story of PK and the treatment of her terminal relapsed ALL with hemp oil is probably the highest quality cancer cure testimonial out there, and unfortunately its quality is not that high at all. The rest of the anecdotes I ran into tended to be about as convincing to someone familiar with cancer as nearly all the other alternative cancer cure testimonials I’ve found; i.e., not very. If you don’t believe me, take a look at this article, in which Rick Simpson claims his success rate for patients with terminal cancer is around 70% and says:

“The ones that can’t be saved are usually the ones who’ve had the most chemotherapy and radiation, or wait too long to start the treatment,” he says. “They have to be able to stay alive long enough for the oil to start to work.” In fact, most patients who undergo chemotherapy die from the treatment, not the disease.

No, it is not a “fact” that most patients who undergo chemotherapy die from the treatment, not the disease. It’s a lie. In any case, Rick Simpson is just like cancer quacks the world over, who have no firm evidence to back up their miraculous-sounding cure rates and excuse their failures by claiming that the treatment patients had before prevented the quackery from working. Quacks like Rick Simpson do those who think that cannabinoids have promise in treating cancer no favors.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

And conclusion

There’s a lot of interesting research about the role of cannabinoid receptors in cancer and whether targeting them with cannabinoid agonists from marijuana or other natural sources, synthetic agonists, or endocannibinoids will be a useful tool to add to the armamentarium of anticancer therapies. From what we know now, it is quite clear that cannabis does not cure cancer, at least not by itself and certainly not ingested or smoked as marijuana or ingested or applied topically as hemp oil. Even in purified form, naturally-derived or synthetic cannabinoid agonists show relatively modest antitumor activity in preclinical models, which means that they will have to be combined with existing chemotherapeutic regimens. If they do find their way into the routine clinical treatment of cancer, it will be through rigorous pharmacological studies and rigorous clinical trials, the latter of which, in particular, are painfully lacking. Indeed, if you search ClinicalTrials.gov, you’ll quickly find lots of trials of cannabinoids to treat cancer-related symptoms and side effects, but precious few to treat cancer itself. There’s this phase I trial of Dexanabinol in Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors, which has been open two years and is still accruing patients, as well as this one of Dexanabinol against brain cancers. It’s not a lot, and suggests that there is not much interest in even synthetic cannabinoids as a treatment for cancer. After all, there are so many other promising avenues that a class of drugs that show the modest effects that the cannabinoids I’ve discussed do just don’t excite researchers that much.

In any event, the claims of advocates that “cannabis cures cancer” are nothing more than herbalism infused with the magical thinking of the naturalistic fallacy. Just because it’s “natural” does not make it better. In the case of cannabis for cancer, the only potentially promising way forward is to isolate the active components and figure out which of the hundreds of different cancers in which these components have activity against.

Finally, I have no objection to lobbying for the legalization of marijuana for recreational use. I would support such measures myself. However, trying to use hugely exaggerated claims of medicinal benefit as a back door path to legalization gets my skeptical antennae all a’twitchin’ about all the other claims made by advocates and provides ammunition for critics whose real goal is prohibition.

420circuit

420circuit

I see that you found Dr. Gorski's essay on his science based medicine website. Evidence based medicine is a wonderful concept because it teaches us to focus on the proof rather than an idea. The "proof" with cannabis has been hard to come by. For someone diagnosed with a terminal disease, even small effects matter. My thinking is that some compounds do slow or inhibit tumor growth, so why not pile on everything that helps, even if just a little, in the hope that the cumulative effect will be tumor suppression. Positive mental attitude is a big maybe, it has been shown to help in some studies and not at all in others. Patients who are engaged in their treatments tend to do better overall. Diet and exercise play a major role as does stress, these have been proven. Cannabis is clearly not a magic bullet against cancer, demonstrated by the many patients who have died after using it as a treatment. Exactly how it was used is not well defined in many or all cases that I have seen, but the data on those who are survivors shows a pattern, I think, of strong doses of edible oil being taken, usually provided by a lab or dispensary, against disease. I participate in a few support groups and observed several patients who are using edible oil from dispensaries with successful outcomes. So the current answer is maybe. But remember what these patients are taking. They are not eating wax or shatter. In fact, none of the patients that I've met are dabbing, but I think most or all smoke/vape at least a little. I prefer a bong to vaping and am under no illusions about how it affects tumor inhibition. Probably not at all. If you want to try treating tumor growth with cannabis, an edible oil containing as much of the plant's compounds as possible looks like the best technique. Dosing is not well defined, but Simpson's observations are that a gram a day for a month or 2 is what has worked for others.

420circuit

420circuit

I hope that my comments are not considered inflammatory, they are not intended to be. Not looking for an argument or debate, just sharing data in the hope that it might help someone else. After meeting several people who consider themselves "caregivers", I am honestly disgusted. I do not have a problem with capitalism or helping people to find good quality cannabis, but to tell a patient that some un-purged BHO is going to cure their cancer is not only dishonest, it is underhanded and seriously wrong. That sort of behavior is what gets the laws changed against us. As legalization proceeds we should grow up and start acting like adults.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Truth is honestly with so many claiming it cures cancer . are we not really jumpin the gun a bit ?? a cure is a cure and medical science is not about to say its 100 percent a cure

I am not here fighting against it, if its helping anyone then great but i think more studies need to be done .
and like his closing note However, trying to use hugely exaggerated claims of medicinal benefit as a back door path to legalization gets my skeptical antennae all a’twitchin’ about all the other claims made by advocates and provides ammunition for critics whose real goal is prohibition.

420circuit

420circuit

Yeah, Gorski nailed it with that comment. It does help with symptom management, according to me and a lot of other patients who have used it for the usual stuff like pain control, depression and appetite. I lost 90 pounds after surgery and seriously needed to gain some back, so on days when I do not feel like eating, I'll have a bong hit of a sativa and actually sit for a meal. My body is pretty thrashed and does not like to exercise, so a bong hit and presto, pumping iron, outside cruising the trails, climbing hills that would have been impossible a year ago. Cannabis certainly has helped with my recovery and it continues to be a source of enjoyment. As I have expressed to many people, it should never have been made illegal.

420circuit

420circuit

It would be dishonest to fail to mention the negatives associated with cannabis use. Excessive sleep and sitting around in a half asleep state (stoned to the bone) is an issue. Driving is what gets affected in my life. Mistakes on the road kill people, so I will not risk it, so after toking or dosing always plan to stay put. Not seeing any problems with long term daily use, but cannot speak for how it would affect anyone else. For me this is working at around half a gram per day, heavy on the CBD.

Top Bottom