Hemp Seed CBD extraction

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Is there a way to extract the CBD from Hemp seeds?

@Graywolf?

welder

welder

There has to be. Here is a company doing it from hemp. They sell it right over the internet because its all CBD. Its an awesome idea but thier prices will blow your hair back.
http://realscientifichempoil.com/
There are plants that have almost no THC in them now. I'm not sure how much in in the hemp seed thou. I would imagine to would be a bigger deal than what its worth.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
There has to be. Here is a company doing it from hemp. They sell it right over the internet because its all CBD. Its an awesome idea but thier prices will blow your hair back.
http://realscientifichempoil.com/
There are plants that have almost no THC in them now. I'm not sure how much in in the hemp seed thou. I would imagine to would be a bigger deal than what its worth.

Yeah ive seen hemp oil w/ cbd and str8 cbd extracts sold on ebay.. but the prices are fucked.. I was looking at prices of just hemp seed and bulk is not bad.. I was just curious if say someone got X LB's what would be a way to extract the cbd from the seeds..

Id grow out industrial hemp if there wasn't so much red tape and permits ect required to just farm a simple plant...

My end goal would be to create a topical solution to be applied to the back / neck / shoulders to relieve pain...

Just an idea but ive yet to find any source of information as to extraction from seeds... and sadly i cant just go and order a bail of industrial hemp on ebay lol

Graywolf

Graywolf

CBD and THC are both produced by the trichomes, so wouldn't expect to find them in seeds, though hemp seed oil makes a good menstruum for CBD, except for the greeeeeeen taste.

The plant trichomes produce either CBD or THC from their common precursor, and originally were higher in CBD and lower in THC, but recreational strains were selectively bred to give preference to THC.

The easiest way to obtain CBD is to extract a high CBD strain, some of which have almost no THC.

K

kuz

Wondering the same thing. I have seen advertised "high cbd" oil for sale a hell of a lot cheaper than what it cost people to come here and buy the extract of charlottes web.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If you go to the Nutiva website they actually make no claims to any CBD content at all..my guess is that whoever is marketing it on ebay is trying to cash in on the recent CBD craze and lure unsuspecting folks in with the CBD tag line

K

kuz

Especially if Greywolf is right and the cbd's are only in the trichomes, not the seed.. I know I've seen it before "high cbd hemp seed oil". Just plain bs?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah seems its just ebay sellers doing what they do best.. embellish claims of what shit really is..

Sadly i don't have access to a grower with high cbd strains.. nor would he even be willing to grow those im sure..

Wish i could raid a giant commerical hemp farm and just pluck a few lb's for my self // bho extract the oils and gobble it down!

Oh well.. it was just an idea thanks to everyone for replying/helping :D

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Real Scientific buys their hemp oil in bulk from Europe and then does the extractions..buying 55 gallon drums of raw hemp oil and then processing it to extract the CBD content actually makes some since as a business model

K

kuz

Its a good idea. I'm going to cross a high cbd strain with hemp and see what comes of it.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I requested an MSDS from the ebay posting i listed and only got a rude responce back claiming her ad is not false and her hemp oil contains cbd yet could not tell me the MG or concentrations... *rolls eyes*

Ive reported the ad to ebay and alerted them to the fact hemp oil from Seed contains no CBD.. hopefully they will crack down on these over priced bullshit ads and no one will get ripped off

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well after talking to her on ebay she's since renamed the title removing the CBD ( hate to see people get taken )

She asked her " supplier " for a Lab results sheet but got nothing..

I also did some digging theres a paper on nutrition from around 2000 that says in fact hemp seeds do not produce CBD however when cold pressing the seeds some CBD and thc can be extracted since the seeds can be coated in resin at times..

She was trying to pass off the oil as having 10mg the exact same strength in which the paper sayd there extraction had... LOL

Anyway for those looking to ebay to source your CBD .. DONT!!! Waste of cash..

i know its hard to souce CBD meds right now but hopefully in the near future the market and demand will open up more..

Thanks again to everyone who replied

Graywolf

Graywolf

Lots of misinformation being passed about, even before large sums of money became involved. Your best defense is you own education, cause some of the misinformers are charming and convincing.

I listened to an "expert witness" tell a town hall and board of commissioners that you could produce all the CBD you wanted by simply heating THC and there was no time allowed for counters to point out her confusion between CBD and CBN.

K

kuz

CBD and THC are both produced by the trichomes, so wouldn't expect to find them in seeds, though hemp seed oil makes a good menstruum for CBD, except for the greeeeeeen taste.

The plant trichomes produce either CBD or THC from their common precursor, and originally were higher in CBD and lower in THC, but recreational strains were selectively bred to give preference to THC.

The easiest way to obtain CBD is to extract a high CBD strain, some of which have almost no THC.
Do you think its possible to cross high cbd strain with hemp to lower the thc %? Some say no, if its low thc, low cbd hemp, its not possible to just lower the thc and keep the cbds high. I will try it and see.

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

I always thought hemp seeds contained no actives whatsoever...which is why they're used in animal feed.

..which reminds me..I'm off to make a thread!

A

AjFincher

Is there a way to extract the CBD from Hemp seeds?

@Graywolf?

After extensive research I've found the main difference between extracting CBD from hemp versus CBD-rich medical cannabis is the low cannabinoid content compared to medical strains. Medical cannabis strains have tested as high as 17% CBD (ACDC), which would give a very pure product directly off of the initial extraction. However, hemp strains tend to be much lower, in the 1 – 4% CBD range. This presents its own set of challenges when refining the oil to an acceptable quality. Over the past few years the industry has been improving specialized techniques to purify CBD-rich hemp oil. Through the use of CBD extraction methods, it has been made possible to purify CBD from hemp to pharmaceutical-grade levels. Through a combination of special plant cultivars, advanced plant genetics, and growing techniques, pharmaceutical-grade percentages of CBD can be produced naturally and consistently in the hemp plant. The application of these proprietary technologies have allowed certain companies to perfect a means of extracting CBD from hemp with an almost 99% purity rate, creating legal and non-psychoactive CBD-rich hemp oil.

If you're looking for a reliable place to get CBD oil check out www.pluscbdproducts.com They're having a cyber Monday sale so stock up on your CBD today, I know I have.

leMarcel

leMarcel

CBD is lot more stable to oxidation than THC, so an idea may be to make an extract from a THC/CBD 1/1 strain, then oxidize THC (with heat or UV) to lower its content.

Top Bottom