Hemp seed milk

• Thread starter GoldiNugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

Hey got a recipe to share! Did a search didn't see it posted before so hopefully i'll have some new for you.

I was going to write out my method, but ended up finding the one I copied and pasted below, which is basically the same one.

It's a super simple recipe and can be adjusted according to taste simply by using less or more water. You can sweeten it too if you like, or add flavors or spices, but I like to keep it simple and prefer the flavor by itself.

Hemp milk can be used in place of any other milk, be it cow, soy, nut, goat, human*, whatever!

* Not recommended as a replacement for human breast milk for young babies.

It's also really, really healthy.

how-to-homemade-hemp-milk.jpg

Hemp is a quick nut milk to make because, unlike almond, it doesn’t need to be soaked overnight. Hemp seeds (hulled hemp nuts) are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, all 10 essential amino acids, calcium, potassium, phosphorous, vitamin A and magnesium. Drink it on it’s own or, at Angelica’s suggestion, add a little matcha tea for a healthy pick-me-up or a good sprinkling of chia seeds to create an incredible breakfast pudding.

We were delighted to find just how simple this is to make and how few items are required: a good blender, a woven nut milk bag, veggie bag or piece of cheesecloth, a funnel, a large bowl to strain the milk in, and jars or bottles for the finished product.

Make the milk yourself with the recipe below and tell us how it turns out! See our slideshow for in-depth, visual instructions too.

• Homemade Hemp Milk Recipe

• Ingredients
    1 cup hemp hearts (also called seeds or shelled hemp nuts)
    3 to 4 cups filtered or spring water (3 cups for thicker milk, and up to 4 cups for thinner)
    1 Tbsp of coconut oil (optional)
    2 Tbsp of raw honey or a few drops of stevia
    1/2 Tbsp of organic vanilla powder
    A pinch of Himalayan pink salt (or other unprocessed sea salt)

• Directions
    In a high speed blender, add hemp and water.

Blend on high for about two minutes, until fully liquified.

Strain into a wide glass bowl through a milk bag. (You can find a milk bag online or at health food stores. You can also use woven veggie storage bags).

Discard the hemp fibers from the bag.

Rinse the blender and pour the milk back into the blender from the bowl.

Add coconut oil (if using), honey or stevia, vanilla powder and salt. Blend briefly.

Here the link I copied it from too: http://thechalkboardmag.com/how-to-make-homemade-hemp-milk

Give it a try, it's really delicious. I like to make mine thick and creamy, and fresh squeezed out of the bag - there's nothing as good. YUM

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

You can buy cooked hemp seed in fishing shops in UK,would they be any good?

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

I think you want to start with raw, hulled seeds. Also human grade.

What's it used for in fishing shops?

Reactions: XTC
Top Bottom