'Hemperor' Jack Herer Released From Hospital

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

'Hemperor' Jack Herer Released From Hospital
October 15, 2009 - Portland, OR, USA

Portland, OR: Longtime marijuana activist Jack Herer has been discharged from a Portland, Oregon hospital and is now recovering at a nearby state nursing facility. Herer was hospitalized for nearly one month after suffering a severe heart attack in early September. Herer had spent much of his hospitalization in the intensive care unit, and spent several days in a medically induced coma.

Herer's condition "had improved enough" so that he could be moved, the website OregonLive.com reported this week. However, news reports caution that he is still unable to "really communicate in any way."

Herer, 70, is the author of the book, The Emperor Wears No Clothes, and is credited by many as the founder of the modern-day hemp movement. Published in the mid-1980s, his book has sold over 600,000 copies worldwide.

Herer was the subject of the critically acclaimed 1989 documentary, "The Emperor of Hemp," which documented his multi-decade involvement in marijuana law reform activism.

Herer suffered a heart attack on September 12, shortly after delivering a speech at the 2009 Portland Hempstalk festival.
NORML offers Jack Herer and his family its best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

L

luvinlife

That is great news CS.......Long Live the Emperor!!!!!! Positive vibes to you and your family, and best wishes on your recovery Jack........

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
That is so nice to hear... I've been waiting to hear some news on jacks status.
Like luvinlife said Long live the Hemperor!

can-i-hit-it

can-i-hit-it

great news hang in there JACK
were with u bro good vibes and all

O

oldtimer60

meet him in amsterdam, hope everything is going to fine get well jack

S

Smokin

Great News. Should there ever be a "marijuana hall of fame" Jack Herer would have to be the first inductee. Jack showed courage and commitment to the cause when marijuana was a VERY dangerous thing to be associated with.

Delta-9 Labs

Delta-9 Labs

Breeder
Supporter
Get well soon Jack! We are all on your side. More of a reason to support his Cali initiative. High respects to the true Emperor!

C

coca khola

I'm happy to see Jack is recovering nicely. My apologies if its too soon to joke about it...

I wonder what kind of sinse they gave him for his "medically induced coma." And... where can I get some of that shit.

Hey Subcool, how about a strain called "Jack's Coma."

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Hell yeah!

Great News. Should there ever be a "marijuana hall of fame" Jack Herer would have to be the first inductee. Jack showed courage and commitment to the cause when marijuana was a VERY dangerous thing to be associated with.
Dangerous side effects for sure: jail time, hideous fines, and da munchies. :) Jack has lived his life unashamed and with righteous confidence in the face of "insurmountable" opposition. He's facing his health issues the same way he's faced the close-minded, uninformed conservatives. We're all pulling for a double victory! :banana1sv6:

Top Bottom