Hempy Buckets

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I can veg for up to 3 months in a solo cup using hempy :)

Just throwing that out there for those who like to sex plants before transplanting. I use pure coco, but have used soil (dirty hempy), perlite, coco and mixes of all of those.

Thats a good idea, I plan on using 3 gallon hempy buckets for each plant without transplanting, the problem is I started them in a soil/perlite mix before I decided on doing hempy buckets so now I'm gonna sex before I transplant to hempy's. Next run I'm going from rockwool or rapid rooters str8 to the 3 gallon hempy's and I'm using female seeds. Thanks for the tips 619.

dankworth

dankworth

Hey dude I root in 3" netpots with coco. I have done 4, 7, and 27 gal coco/perlite hempy buckets. 75% perlite. Your quality will be better if you run some coco. If you install 1/2" drains on your buckets you can link them all together for easy draining. If you size them for 1 oz of production per gallon of medium, expect to irrigate every 2 days at peak growth in flower. 4 gal food containers are fun and have flat walls. Don't forget to trellis each one or use a tomato cage or something.
Hempy buckets rock. The coco will provide extra flavor, and change the plant to have fewer, larger colas.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey dude I root in 3" netpots with coco. I have done 4, 7, and 27 gal coco/perlite hempy buckets. 75% perlite. Your quality will be better if you run some coco. If you install 1/2" drains on your buckets you can link them all together for easy draining. If you size them for 1 oz of production per gallon of medium, expect to irrigate every 2 days at peak growth in flower. 4 gal food containers are fun and have flat walls. Don't forget to trellis each one or use a tomato cage or something.
Hempy buckets rock. The coco will provide extra flavor, and change the plant to have fewer, larger colas.

Thanks alot dank, I'm going with pure perlite this round, but I'll use some coco next time. Thats a good idea about linking the buckets, I'll have to get some 1/2" drains and figure it out. I got a 600w HPS with 4 hempy buckets so I'm shooting for around 12 oz. thats only because I'm growing Blueberry right now and they are so small for there age because of so many issues I had with my grow room and fungus gnats. Once I start a new strain I'm gonna shoot for 1 lb. with either 4. Thanks again for the knowledge, you always got something helpful to say ;) peace bro.

WattSaver

WattSaver

Thats a good idea, I plan on using 3 gallon hempy buckets for each plant without transplanting, the problem is I started them in a soil/perlite mix before I decided on doing hempy buckets so now I'm gonna sex before I transplant to hempy's. Next run I'm going from rockwool or rapid rooters str8 to the 3 gallon hempy's and I'm using female seeds. Thanks for the tips 619.

It's okay that your in soil at this point. I've been running what I call soilponics for over a yr now. My 3 gal buckets are just under 1/3 soil for the run. I do seeds or clones in party cups, once rooted I transplant into a 1 gal trade pot (actual size 2.8 qt) my full veg is spent this way, and if working with seeds I'll flip if need be. Then into the buckets for flower. This is just one option, I like using soil because you get soil grown flavor, and the buffer help that soil gives over hydro + the hydro power of the rez. Hempy's are the most flexible growing method around.

There used to be a great thread at 420 started several yrs ago by the person who put the name to the bucket, but was lost from their server.

His opening statement:
Get a bucket, drill a hole in the side, fill it with perlite.

I've been following your journal also. Best of luck on your grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom