Hempy + CRF 14-14-14 Kindly looking for advice!

• Thread starter indogrow420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indogrow420

indogrow420

Hello thc farmers!
I am a rookie grower, I have grown a few plants in soil indoors, but yield always suffered. and every plant I grow I say its my first time cause im just as bad everytime and yield suffers lol..

I want to try something different than just using Soil / Perlite, Something like a hempy with CRF or a CRF SIP,
I read alot of info on this but had a few extra questions.

Hempy questions;

How could I flush the CRF in the perlite hempy? I was thinking of just putting some prills in a mesh bag and lay it on top of the perlite so I can just remove it for flushing? would that work? and what about the "Reservoir" do I have to get 20-30% runoff on each watering or more for the crf to leach more nutes ?
could I run 14-14-14 from start to finish? What is the recommended PH for hempy, would my crf prills affect or lower my water ph?

SIP idea questions;

Sounds simple, soil with a rez... Had an idea about using promix, perlite and CRF mixed for the soil, and just use plain water in the rez from start to finish .
but no flush how would this taste with no flush?
Do I need to ph my water in this type of setup?
my tap ph is 7 - 140PPM
and would I need to moisten the soil slightly daily for the CRF to work?

thanks !

indogrow420

indogrow420

found this on some website regarding Hempy & crf .. the guy has a nice idea , but would this work to flush?
Screenshot 20220611 0120022

indogrow420

indogrow420

I still do soil but I mix in alot more perlite now, overwatering was my first problem but I always end up with small buds..

my first plants ever were a GSC from some unknown breeder sold as novelty in 2015, that plant was a monster and was giving it little to no attention and mixed feeding scedules, on flip she stretched like 3 times and by the time of week 5-6 the buds were huge.. had to chop it early because of the power company always showing up at my house lol ..

can it just be that im getting trash genetics from the gonvernment canabis store in canada?

freezeland2

freezeland2

I still do soil but I mix in alot more perlite now, overwatering was my first problem but I always end up with small buds..

my first plants ever were a GSC from some unknown breeder sold as novelty in 2015, that plant was a monster and was giving it little to no attention and mixed feeding scedules, on flip she stretched like 3 times and by the time of week 5-6 the buds were huge.. had to chop it early because of the power company always showing up at my house lol ..

can it just be that im getting trash genetics from the gonvernment canabis store in canada?
Genetics are the single most contributing factor to healthy plants, good yield, and quality of smoke. Just my opinion. So yes I’d try another source for seeds.

indogrow420

indogrow420

thanks for the info freezeland2 , lol your name reminds me of some strain called freezeland I smoked back when I was young that s** knocked me out lol but yeah I never knew if that was true about bad seeds/genetics. Also read a thread about "Polen chuckers" a while ago it was about breeders that dont even grow/test their own seeds or are just chucking and giving it a fancy name..

I was looking around on this website , just noticed they sell seeds, question is are they any good?
Im interested in those

freezeland2

freezeland2

thanks for the info freezeland2 , lol your name reminds me of some strain called freezeland I smoked back when I was young that s** knocked me out lol but yeah I never knew if that was true about bad seeds/genetics. Also read a thread about "Polen chuckers" a while ago it was about breeders that dont even grow/test their own seeds or are just chucking and giving it a fancy name..

I was looking around on this website , just noticed they sell seeds, question is are they any good?
Im interested in those

I have never bought seeds off this site but I’m sure what ever you order through the site will be of better quality then what you are able to get at your local grow shop or dispensary.

indogrow420

indogrow420

If I run a soil SIP do i need to ph the res water if I top feed or no? my tap is 6.9-7 140-160ppm average

indogrow420

indogrow420

I feel like im talking to myself but thats alright haha im just a noobie tryna learn SIP ...
Found this on Google Images , would soil itself work as a wick or would be too wet? can I get away without perlite? my soil has plenty of perlite in it and I like this idea...
I need someone to guide me towards the right direction , would apretiate that very much

Screenshot 20220615 2333482
Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

Get away from soil then and try something else

Do coco/perlite

Coco is a way better “wick” than soil afaik

indogrow420

indogrow420

small 3gal tote, could of done a better job with a 5 gal bucket with the lid and a yogurt cup but ahhh well just gonna test run this one to see how she goes.. made the reservoir as low as I could , 2g for soil 1 gal res average

IMG 20220616 0755536512

Latest posts

Top Bottom