Hempy vs coco Hempy?

• Thread starter Jobo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jobo

Any advantages or disadvantages to either?

Would a mix of perlite/coco be better?

Whats your opinion on this?

X

Xare

Coco mixed hempy is better then 100% perlite, but I use perlite and verm mix.

One time I did a Side by Side of 100% perlite and a perlite / verm mix.

The 100% perlite did not do as good as the perlite / verm mix. The roots grew in a mat above the rez instead of growing all through the media.

Verm and Coco both do the same thing for hempy, they hold nute rich water in the root zone.

D

dagobaker

when im running dirt for my breeding experiments i like a perlite/coco mix of 50 and 50%
ive run perlite and vermiculite and thats nice too..........just a pain to transplant anything since it breaks apart so easy

P

peabody

dagobaker i guess i would agree with you it doe' s break apart easy but at that point you can decided to go an throw it in to a full out DIY hydro setup. or not. Just my 2cents peabody grow green stay safe.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
just running my first hempy buckets now with 75% P and 25% V. from what i hear coco can have some insect problems. so if bugs are an issue straight up perlite/vermiculite might be better. otherwise hear only good things about coco, hempy or otherwise.

jb

L

LA Woman

I just started 13 seeds in 2 liter bottles with 100% perlite, going 12/12 from seed. The only thing I see so far is I need to be really delicate so they don't fall over in the bottles. Also they seem to require 3 times the amount of watering due to almost no water retention.

R

Rolln J

my first hydro was buckets like this - I used even parts volcanic rock/perlite/vermiculite - the rock is supposed to help stabilize the plant...

it yielded 13 oz on 6 plants with a 400 on a light mover.

I was using tap water and GH 3 part - dont even think I was ph'ing my water then - maybe though.

this was way back when GH first opened a small hydro shop by the east bay vivarium.

F

fewture

That's some good info to know.. I'm trying to decide what mixture to use... If anymore info is available.. Or grow journal... Point me in the right direction.. Thanks

Peace
Few..

N

nughit

I have done many different hempy mixes and the perlite/vermiculite mixture works the best by far. The vermiculite just seems to hold the perfect amount of water and I have seen the best root growth it.

L

LA Woman

my first hydro was buckets like this - I used even parts volcanic rock/perlite/vermiculite - the rock is supposed to help stabilize the plant...

it yielded 13 oz on 6 plants with a 400 on a light mover.

I was using tap water and GH 3 part - dont even think I was ph'ing my water then - maybe though.

this was way back when GH first opened a small hydro shop by the east bay vivarium.

Thats great alomst a gram per watt on you're first grow.

R

Rolln J

Thats great alomst a gram per watt on you're first grow.

that was just my first "hydro" grow - I was averaging 11.5 with that gear prior to running what people are now calling "hempy" buckets...

everything I did back then was from bag seed.

R

Rolln J

lol just a month huh? why did you leave cali in the first place?

L

lurch

i used to use a layering method. 1st layer 100% coco, 2nd 75coco/25 perlite, 3rd 50/50 4th 25coco/75perlite this would go to top of "res" then 100% perlite in the res. 60/40 coco/perlite is now what i do on top of the 100% perlite res area. 60/40 i found is perfect for watering every 2 days. this is in a 3g bucket also. feed mainly teas & thats it. this run ill be doing these buckets however w/ full line of GO instead of teas. i like em alot but might be ditching em to go rdwc, just for ease.

Mattbradbury

Mattbradbury

that was just my first "hydro" grow - I was averaging 11.5 with that gear prior to running what people are now calling "hempy" buckets...

everything I did back then was from bag seed.
Do you feed constantalising or feed water feed water ? And how long did you flush ?be amazing to get some info of some experienced perl/verm hempy not long started and loving it

Top Bottom