Herbies Afghani Freebies

• Thread starter Chuckgenetic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chuckgenetic

Chuckgenetic

i got some of the freebies of Afghani from Herbies and for the life of me I can't find a completed grow of them to use for reference point. This plant I have now is about 50 inches tall and 35 days into flower. I've been dealing with curling of the tips of the leaves. Everything else in my tent is packing on but this one particular plant is just showing me hairs and really no buds forming. I've hit a wall and i would much rather blame me than the genetics seeing as how this is my first grow

Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

As I mentioned in another thread I have been growing Afghanis from seed for some years. Many people think Afghanistan as a hot dry desert. When in actuality it is some areas, but with the mountains spread all over the climate can very largely. The daily temperature swing is widespread and typically 30c variation between day and night. in the more mild lower mountainous area were our plats likely would be able to grow temps can be as low as 60 at night and highs in the upper 90 during the summer growing months. precipitation is higher in spring and tapers down to almost nothing threw the summer months and picks up again in Aug.

With all that in mind I grow mine in its own little climate separate from my other plants. As seedlings I give them plenty of water for the first 30-40 days of veg and taper down to an every 3rd or 4th day watering with about 10% drain off. Seedling get mild temps 50 night and 75 day with RH around 60-70. Once they are well into there veg around day 30-40 I taper the RH down to 20-30 and bring the temps upto 65 night and 85-90 day letting the soils dry out for sometimes as much as 4-5 days between watering. About the 40-60 day mark they still look lanky never really filling out like my other plants. Flip them to 12/12 still on a higher N feed for the first 10-14 days of 12/12 then I change up the feed for bloom. They seam to not like anything but some basic neuts and cal/mag. I use SensiGrow/Bloom A+B and GH CaliMagic 1-0-0.

Its not till the 60-70 day mark that I start rampping up the RH to 50-70 and water them every 3rd day. pushing closer to the 90 day mark they will explode with buds and fill out for the last 14-21 days.

Just my experience with them and it works well for mine. I don't worry about the extra long grow season and just let them do there thing. mostly my plants will get 6-7 feet tall and have lots of cola sites that fill out rather well. You just have to give them time.

All my other plants grow with 6-8 weeks veg and 6-8 weeks flower. These however are always still in there little solo condo well past my other harvest to the point your are totally off cycle. I never had luck trying to grow them side by side my white rhino.

Last edited:
Chuckgenetic

Chuckgenetic

Thanks for the input. I gotta post some pics let you guys see the progress

Panacea79

Panacea79

i got some of the freebies of Afghani from Herbies and for the life of me I can't find a completed grow of them to use for reference point. This plant I have now is about 50 inches tall and 35 days into flower. I've been dealing with curling of the tips of the leaves. Everything else in my tent is packing on but this one particular plant is just showing me hairs and really no buds forming. I've hit a wall and i would much rather blame me than the genetics seeing as how this is my first grow
Great question! I got those Afghani freebies too with my Herbies order too and for the life of me can't figure out WHAT kind of Afgani they are! ? Kush, skunk? ???? Anyone, ??

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

As I mentioned in another thread I have been growing Afghanis from seed for some years. Many people think Afghanistan as a hot dry desert. When in actuality it is some areas, but with the mountains spread all over the climate can very largely. The daily temperature swing is widespread and typically 30c variation between day and night. in the more mild lower mountainous area were our plats likely would be able to grow temps can be as low as 60 at night and highs in the upper 90 during the summer growing months. precipitation is higher in spring and tapers down to almost nothing threw the summer months and picks up again in Aug.

With all that in mind I grow mine in its own little climate separate from my other plants. As seedlings I give them plenty of water for the first 30-40 days of veg and taper down to an every 3rd or 4th day watering with about 10% drain off. Seedling get mild temps 50 night and 75 day with RH around 60-70. Once they are well into there veg around day 30-40 I taper the RH down to 20-30 and bring the temps upto 65 night and 85-90 day letting the soils dry out for sometimes as much as 4-5 days between watering. About the 40-60 day mark they still look lanky never really filling out like my other plants. Flip them to 12/12 still on a higher N feed for the first 10-14 days of 12/12 then I change up the feed for bloom. They seam to not like anything but some basic neuts and cal/mag. I use SensiGrow/Bloom A+B and GH CaliMagic 1-0-0.

Its not till the 60-70 day mark that I start rampping up the RH to 50-70 and water them every 3rd day. pushing closer to the 90 day mark they will explode with buds and fill out for the last 14-21 days.

Just my experience with them and it works well for mine. I don't worry about the extra long grow season and just let them do there thing. mostly my plants will get 6-7 feet tall and have lots of cola sites that fill out rather well. You just have to give them time.

All my other plants grow with 6-8 weeks veg and 6-8 weeks flower. These however are always still in there little solo condo well past my other harvest to the point your are totally off cycle. I never had luck trying to grow them side by side my white rhino.
Great info. I'm popping 4 herbies afgan as we speak. I have 4 more also so nice to know what to expect

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Nah I got afgan and delahaze. Ima attitude guy but go with herbies when they are having credit card problems. My boy got a bubbas gift from free the last order. I gotta free Skywalker og and 2 Dinafem auto critical last time from attitude.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I think it's more fun to grow or use something from who you know or where it's from. If it were me I would get a kick out of seeing others use or try in different manners. Like if I made beer locally it would be pretty neat to see others buy it an see them enjoying it. Jus my perspective I guess.

Panacea79

Panacea79

did u get a free og Kush as well ?
Yeah, I got 2 free 'Afghani' regs and ONE free OG Kush feminized. I did that twice now so I have the 2 OGK Fems and 3 of the Afghanis. I popped one and it's about, idk, 4 or 5 weeks into veg now. I just did it n a whim, by rally expecting anything and DEFINITELY not planning on growing her out but my other two autos both dudes out so now she has the whole tent to herself. It's been a while since I've grown out a regular, photoperiod. Could be interesting....

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

hey mine is about 8 weeks but been outside since 2weeks. Slow going as it was cold but it's pickin up as its getting warmer. Hope it goes well for ya an it's worth the wait

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I sprouted the female the same time I started the mix from sweet seeds wasnt till weeks later I decided to sprout regs an start my indoor toy idea.

Panacea79

Panacea79

Hey guys, but if a conundrum here...ok, I have the ONE photoperiod 'Afghani' we're all talking about in my tent right now on an 18/6 schedule. I also judt had a 'Auto GSC FEM' from FastBuds pop....now, I dont think I need top explain autos but, quickly, I will, just to help illustrate my dilemma. Ok, the lights in my tent have been set on a perpetual 18/6 (or so) for a while now as I've been growing autos for a while. Now I have this Afghani in here (photo) and I just had my Auto GSC pop, shock I'm REALLY looking forward to growing out. My question, I guess, is: What should I do?? The auto will grow, flower and finish under those lights no prob and, I'm guessing, the other will, at 18/6 just stay vegging, no?
My original plan was to put ole girl OUTSIDE and go with the natural rhythms as its been ALONG time since I'm grown a photo period AND cuz my tent is already small and set up for autos. Anyone have any friendly feedback, advice, etc on WHAT I should do?? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanx. Keep em rainbow-colored or plain old green but jus KEEP GOIN AND KEEP EM GROWIN! !#

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Have you started the gsc. If not don't waste your time. It's a bad strain from them. Most are mutants. Or won't even get started. Outta 6 seeds we had two grow normal. But a autos will finish out fine under 12/12

Top Bottom