Herbs now dryer

• Thread starter Happysmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I had been hang drying my buds and doing ok with it but to save space I got an herbs now dryer. I put my most recent harvest in and let it go. After about 2 days I checked and the buds were dry on the outside but we're not breaking from the stems. I checked again this am and found small buds were breaking from the stems and ends of small stems were breaking so I jarred up the small buds. This afternoon I checked the larger buds and they seem dry but stems won't break yet. I checked the jarred buds and found jar humidity is only at 35%. All my other buds level out around 52% after a day in the jars. I use 62 boost packs. Am I waiting too long to jar? Should I jar right before they snap from stem? I have put a lot of work into this and don't want shitty dust bud after curing.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Jar at snap. There is ample moisture to bring out for cure. As the lowers dry faster , pick those off, I usually select and dry on different spots A buds from all b and smaller

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Jar at snap. There is ample moisture to bring out for cure. As the lowers dry faster , pick those off, I usually select and dry on different spots A buds from all b and smaller

Thanks for the help. Ok, so by snap you mean the stems not the buds off the stems like it says in the instruction? And the 35% RH is ok after 24hr in a jar? If so I'm good but I thought it was supposed to be around 50-55%? Although, It is entirely possible that is wrong as I did read it on the internet.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Slow dry the buds, 50-65% for about 8-10 days, usually I go 45% first day, then every day I up 5-% to get to 62% , temp wise 70+/-5 dgF. Fans moving air in room. And then just watch em dry! Typically 2 weeks to get the perfect dry. And then I brown paper bag to equalize thr moisture for about 2 days before I do a trim and jar

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Slow dry the buds, 50-65% for about 8-10 days, usually I go 45% first day, then every day I up 5-% to get to 62% , temp wise 70+/-5 dgF. Fans moving air in room. And then just watch em dry! Typically 2 weeks to get the perfect dry. And then I brown paper bag to equalize thr moisture for about 2 days before I do a trim and jar

I was doing air drying and did pretty well, but to save space I am trying the Herbsnow dryer. This is my first attempt using it and my buds feel way too dry. Also, after jarring them, the inside of the jar humidity is only coming up to 35%RH after 24hr. Is that high enough?

basscaptain

basscaptain

you went to far........... and this is just my 2 cents worth.......

30-40 hrs in it and then go from there................

you may went to put a small pice of corn taco shell in there and get that back up to 50% or so..........

talk with Buzzer777 about the dryer.....................................

I know for myseflh I NEVER let them dry that far.................................... and I finish drying as I cure it in the jars.....I have a wired way of doing things out here now........................

basscaptain

basscaptain

Oh it's really a pice of junk but I have it so I use it

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

you went to far........... and this is just my 2 cents worth.......

30-40 hrs in it and then go from there................

you may went to put a small pice of corn taco shell in there and get that back up to 50% or so..........

talk with Buzzer777 about the dryer.....................................

I know for myseflh I NEVER let them dry that far.................................... and I finish drying as I cure it in the jars.....I have a wired way of doing things out here now........................

Wow that sucks, I read several posts about how great it was, the weed was perfect etc. I checked it out pretty well I thought but only a few reviews that were bad. I might try it again but next time I will take out early and finish in a paper bag. Kinda defeats the purpose of a stand alone dryer though. I am pretty disappointed in my best buds being way over dry. Especially since it is suggested to go 96hr or more and at 50 it was already over done. I guess I will be having some taco shell weed. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom