Hercules Press From Extracted Colorado (rosin All Day)

• Thread starter Bulldog420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Love my press. Been getting amazing quality, with great yields. If my flower tests at 25%, I am pulling around 22-23% yields. Super easy to set up, lines up every time, and payed itself off with my very first sale. This season I will have turned out about 10 lbs of rosin, where I used to sub that out to a BHO guy, that may or may not have given me 50% back. Best investment for my business, and best investment for lungs. Solventless Clean Green rosin.

Blue Dream
Hercules press from extracted colorado rosin all day

Mezz

Mezz

Love my press. Been getting amazing quality, with great yields. If my flower tests at 25%, I am pulling around 22-23% yields. Super easy to set up, lines up every time, and payed itself off with my very first sale. This season I will have turned out about 10 lbs of rosin, where I used to sub that out to a BHO guy, that may or may not have given me 50% back. Best investment for my business, and best investment for lungs. Solventless Clean Green rosin.

Blue Dream
View attachment 654218

quick question, when you make live rosin with a press, do you need to harvest, dry cure then decarb the flower? or can a flower be pressed immediately after it's picked from plant?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I will answer this, you can't press a fresh plant. It's nasty.

Other than that, I paid for proprietary advice from Extraced Colorado himself in person. I can tell you this much, what you said is going down the right path for sure. His method I am about to try on some winter harvests from my outdoor greenhouse. I will let you know, but it sounds like the best method I have tried to date. This is in regaurds to fresh live resin.

As for the best time to press flowers, it's right when the stem bends, then snaps, at the point where most people jar their product for burping. So lots of moisture left, and fresh. Live rosin is better, but only slightly from what I have seen.

Mezz

Mezz

Other than that, I paid for proprietary advice from Extraced Colorado himself in person. I can tell you this much, what you said is going down the right path for sure. His method I am about to try on some winter harvests from my outdoor greenhouse. I will let you know, but it sounds like the best method I have tried to date. This is in regaurds to fresh live resin.

As for the best time to press flowers, it's right when the stem bends, then snaps, at the point where most people jar their product for burping. So lots of moisture left, and fresh. Live rosin is better, but only slightly from what I have seen.

Correct me if i am wrong...but this is why i posed the direct from plant to press live rosin. We are told to harvest flowers when trichomes are milky white, because it is at that point where they are at their most potent. My thinking is... with the drying, curing and then decarbing (because ThcA turns to Thc with heat) we would lose some of the flowers potency. Whereas if we harvest at its perfect point then press (eliminating drying and curing) where the hot plates set at optimum decarb temp the end product would be more potent, not to mention the live terps and flavinoids would make it tastier. But again what would i know i am just a noob. Any and all comments and replies is helpful.

Mezz

Mezz

btw how did your winter harvest and press go? I am about to invest in a rosin press next month and try it out myself. Some tips or guidance would be much appreciated.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
problem with live resin squishin is the water. If you bag up an ounce of fresh flowers and press, you will have a puddle on the floor. If you were to then dry that water, and trap the terps and THC, then the oil will taste like green plant material. The only way to press fresh material, is to flash fresh freeze dry it. Anything past that I am stepping on the toes of my crew, and I wont talk about proprietary methods.

I am with you on your line of thought. Keeping those terps is #1 priority. My first though was press fresh material and it will be the best. Not quite that simple. Remember, terps start to burn off at 82 degrees, and wont fully decarb for 6 months at room temps. So if I press fresh, or 5-10 days later, really, it doesn't matter.

The presses from my winter run were a learning curve. A ton of work to try to get fresh plant rosin, and not much better than a fresh 5 day press. I am starting to head down the path of NL2 as my main extracting source, then press that.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
btw how did your winter harvest and press go? I am about to invest in a rosin press next month and try it out myself. Some tips or guidance would be much appreciated.

BTW, ExtractedCo has a dope new press out. No idea what your price range is, but check it out before a purchase. I love the new design.

Blaze

Blaze

You can make fresh-frozen bubble hash, dry it, and then press that. One of the employees at a local dispensary here in Mendo makes it that way, and it's nice stuff. It is sticky and a bit hard to handle but the flavor is great and it comes out a beautiful translucent amber color.

Mezz

Mezz

I will def try out the extractor you mentioned and you have been a wealth of knowledge. Will you or your crew be at the upcoming cup in vegas?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Not me. I have a baby on the way. Due in the next couple weeks. So missing a few events.

Latest posts

Top Bottom