Here From Ic

• Thread starter Mr.23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Right? The only sea fishing I ever did was from a little 16' Chrysler and the bass I pulled up so close to shore were nowhere near that size! Great eating.

M

Mr.23

Yeah? Those big ones are nesr structure. Being near the shore you probrably had a drop off or some kelp or some boilers. Fish are not the size they used to be.. i hear stories ftom the older folks and the good fishing there was "pre 80's" . From 80s and forward fishing got bad... but 70s and earlier were beasts... barracudas were logs back then..

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Fishwhistle, last time i went on The Freedom, it was the second to the last weekend Capt. Tom.. ran the Freedom before he "jumped ship" lol.. jk.. he was a good capt (went 3 times with them) and im pretty sure that the new team and capt is awesome. i need to go and do a overnighter.. to clemente! Now i just toss plastics when i can at alamitos bay, redondo, cabrillo and kayak the breakwall.
Captain tommy and sal were great and so are the new owners,i know 2 of the 3 and they are great fisherman.It sucks tommy lost the boat but its happened alot in the last few years.I have a ton of stories from the freedom,when fuqua ran it back in the 80s he kept a 4 ft bong bungied to the wall in the wheelhouse(pre drug testing,lol)and used to stand up on top with an m1 garand shooting seals and raining brass down,lol.Im down for a clemente trip anytime,seabass should be biting soon.I think my buddy spike may have been on one of those last trips with tommy too,what is your BD handle?

Holy shit fish whistle!!!!!! That is huge Ghost! White sea bass yeah? nice shot almost stoned him! Ya I owned and operated mauispearfishing for 4 yrs in Maui... I have done a few contests in cali coast and dove with some of the LA Fathomers but havent dove to much there ... Just some yellow tail. sheaphead, calicos..... I have a sick Daryl Wong custom hybrid! It is the best gun! I had a few Riffe too there reallly good guns as wellView attachment 481798
I know alot of fathomiers maui,Big jim christianson actually got me into freediving after i got bent at san nic on the diveboat peace on the yearly invitational halibut hunt,im getting older now so im hoping the wong will make me look good,lol,darryl is a friend of friend.I love to fish rod and reel but when they get lockjaw i feed em the steel!

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Mr 23 Thanks man! It was an acient calico. It was close to 10 .. Couldnt get an accurte weight on foot scales.. I know the record is like 12.5 or something though,,, Where is bloody decks?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

It is a fishing website maui similar to spearboard.I think the record for kelp bass is 14.5lbs by timmy murphy off newport coast i beleive.

M

Mr.23

Captain tommy and sal were great and so are the new owners,i know 2 of the 3 and they are great fisherman.It sucks tommy lost the boat but its happened alot in the last few years.I have a ton of stories from the freedom,when fuqua ran it back in the 80s he kept a 4 ft bong bungied to the wall in the wheelhouse(pre drug testing,lol)and used to stand up on top with an m1 garand shooting seals and raining brass down,lol.Im down for a clemente trip anytime,seabass should be biting soon.I think my buddy spike may have been on one of those last trips with tommy too,what is your BD handle?

Yeah Tommy and Sal were cool. I think i heard that Tommy captains The Seeker i think it is.. not sure though out of Lb.
lol!!! Love those stories! Some crazy stories.. i would love to go fishing! lol.. just i won't be able too anytime soon .. :(.. wife is due any minutd now :D (hoping the baby can wait till Sunday :D. Since i got my ticket to the cup for Saturday, u going?) Dude i totally forgot my Bd name. Its been quite a while since i have been on it. Mostly on the bass club thread and rod building thread (had a rod made done by salty dog) . I usually get my stuff at save on.. crazy Dave and Roger... but yes would love to go fishing!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I had a brother-in-law who used to make his own poles he was so obsessed with tuna. Worse yet, he bought a boat built before the Titanic. Used to take it out by himself, outta SD Bay near Point Loma. I used to chew his ass for that, but he ignored me. Lost his life via that fucking boat.
Yeah? Those big ones are nesr structure. Being near the shore you probrably had a drop off or some kelp or some boilers. Fish are not the size they used to be.. i hear stories ftom the older folks and the good fishing there was "pre 80's" . From 80s and forward fishing got bad... but 70s and earlier were beasts... barracudas were logs back then..
I did a little offshore fishing (from those boats that take you out a few miles) and I remember pulling 'cuda up like that, thick as my thigh (and that's saying a LOT!)! I was stalked by a 'cuda off the southern part of Puerto Rico back in '89. I had no idea they could get aggressive back then, but I knew I didn't like snorkeling with it, so I went after it to chase it off. Probably pretty stupid, but my cousin dropped me in the water and left, so I really had no place to go except try to climb the mangroves.

Damn good eating, it is, too.

@fishwhistle -- I used to know a cat named Fuqua, via one of my exes. Probably not the same guy, but it does make ya wonder!

Btw, have any of you guys seen the new personal hyperbaric chambers being advertised? Pretty sweet! I only do scuba now, been well over a ten spot since I've fished for anything, and we're pretty far from the sea so scuba only ever couple years or so, but still, love it. Never been bent and don't want to!

M

Mr.23

Sorry to hear that Seamaiden.. yeah sometimes we can get obsessed over a thing that common sense just flys out of the window.. sad to hear that. I know i have done some dumb things just to reach that little hole.....
but yup. Fat cudas!

Latest posts

Top Bottom