Here we go again.

• Thread starter MarkAlan420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MarkAlan420

MarkAlan420

Solo cups hold 8 day old cake batter, purple dream, and blue dream. Transplanted 2 gg4 and papaya glue to 1 gallon, they're 3 weeks in. Only papaya glue (bottom right) was topped.

20240205 061824
20240205 061801
MarkAlan420

MarkAlan420

Flip in 4 days. Gg4 on left, papaya glue top right, blue dream bottom center and t8ny one, purple dream bottom right, and cake batter top 2 center. Trellis is up for the biggins.

20240320 092835
D

dougied86

Just got 14 beans from Cropking. 7 blue dream, and 7 Tropicana cookies. Started soaking 4 9f each. One day later all sunk, then put into paper towel method. 36 hours later , all 8 hardtop roots 1/2 in h. Put into dirt. Hope they all grow to be big and string ladies.View attachment 977590
Why start them in cups. When you transplant them they go into shock to reboot themselves. Germ them in paper towels then plant in the pot they will finish in. Will get more out of your plants in the end.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Why start them in cups. When you transplant them they go into shock to reboot themselves. Germ them in paper towels then plant in the pot they will finish in. Will get more out of your plants in the end.
paper towel method needs to go away and be forgotten about,..

D

dougied86

You can germinate them how ever. Once the tail comes out and you keep f#@ckin with it you stress it out. You have kids? When your kid is trying to sleep go move them from bed to bed all night long. see how they act in the morning. Your disrupting the roots. Stunting the growth of the plant to keep regrowing and reanctoring themselves. What's wrong with a paper towel method? You think hydro is a myth or worse then soil?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
You can germinate them how ever. Once the tail comes out and you keep f#@ckin with it you stress it out. You have kids? When your kid is trying to sleep go move them from bed to bed all night long. see how they act in the morning. Your disrupting the roots. Stunting the growth of the plant to keep regrowing and reanctoring themselves. What's wrong with a paper towel method? You think hydro is a myth or worse then soil?
without getting into as most use the paper towel, especially the newer growers,..
it’s a step that is totally unnecessary, if anything it’ll be that method that attributes/increases failure of unhealthy plants in one way or another,
i just soak in water/peroxide for 10-12 hours than plant into seedling cups,. i just did this and 16/17 seeds are up and growing in 2-3 days..
say what you want but the paper towel method is a set up for failure and i will never ever do something as what i feel is utterly unnecessary,..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
You can germinate them how ever. Once the tail comes out and you keep f#@ckin with it you stress it out. You have kids? When your kid is trying to sleep go move them from bed to bed all night long. see how they act in the morning. You’re disrupting the roots. Stunting the growth of the plant to keep regrowing and reanctoring themselves. What's wrong with a paper towel method? You think hydro is a myth or worse than soil?
stunting my growth?
hahaha your new here aren’t ya?,. i know you seen my plants?,.

D

dougied86

Germinateing them in a cup is the same as a papertowel
without getting into as most use the paper towel, especially the newer growers,..
it’s a step that is totally unnecessary, if anything it’ll be that method that attributes/increases failure of unhealthy plants in one way or another,
i just soak in water/peroxide for 10-12 hours than plant into seedling cups,. i just did this and 16/17 seeds are up and growing in 2-3 days..
say what you want but the paper towel method is a set up for failure and i will never ever do something as what i feel is utterly unnecessary,..
If you soak them in a cup or bowl does it change the outcome? No. How does the seed know its in a cup full of water or a paper towel? That's the same way I germinate my seeds. Specially my bonsai seeds. Some must soak for months before they germinate. In nature they don't have cups of water laying around to start seeds. They go in moist soil and once wet can't dry out. That's it. The few seed banks I bought seeds from will replace seeds that fail to germinate. They want you to start them in a cup with water and paper towel. The paper towel is to just hold the seed still. And make it easier to have multiple seeds starting in one cup without mixing them up and keeping them secure. The last company I worked for which was a big company. They started in papertowels in cup of water. Not just a paper towel by its self, but in a container with water.

D

dougied86

New to this page or site yes. Been growing for 30 years. On and off. And haven't seen any of your grows. Yes when you transplant you stunt your plants. It's strees on the plants that could be avoided.
stunting my growth?
hahaha your new here aren’t ya?,. i know you seen my plants?,.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Germinateing them in a cup is the same as a papertowel

If you soak them in a cup or bowl does it change the outcome? No. How does the seed know its in a cup full of water or a paper towel? That's the same way I germinate my seeds. Specially my bonsai seeds. Some must soak for months before they germinate. In nature they don't have cups of water laying around to start seeds. They go in moist soil and once wet can't dry out. That's it. The few seed banks I bought seeds from will replace seeds that fail to germinate. They want you to start them in a cup with water and paper towel. The paper towel is to just hold the seed still. And make it easier to have multiple seeds starting in one cup without mixing them up and keeping them secure. The last company I worked for which was a big company. They started in papertowels in cup of water. Not just a paper towel by its self, but in a container with water.
ya like i say dont really want to get into back and forth about it,.
i guess if your home all the time and can check in on them etc than ok, but just not for me, root hairs get stuck, the thought of the young roots sitting exposed, way too many things can happen and go wrong, and no a glass of water/peroxide is way different than paper towel,..
obviously just because some big company does it does not mean a thing to me at all,. seed banks and their guarantee with use of paper towel method, hahahaha
see what happens when improper knowledge gets passed around for years, people use your own brain!!!!!!
bro science,..
flushing
paper towel
48 hours darkness
… etc,..
if my one seed does not pop soon than that’s 2 seeds out of close to 60-70 seeds that have never popped for me using my method,.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
New to this page or site yes. Been growing for 30 years. On and off. And haven't seen any of your grows. Yes when you transplant you stunt your plants. It's strees on the plants that could be avoided.
not true brother

D

dougied86

not true brother
Any time you mess with the soil around the roots it will stress them and the plant will stop growing to focus on her roots. And there are many ways to germinate seeds. For beginners the paper towel method works great. Your not susposed to let them grow in the paper towels. Once the tail comes out about 1/4 inch plant in your final pot. Cut a water bottle in half and place over the seeds to keep humidity in. I have gotten many people started that way. Then figure out what works best for them. What I do might not be best for your grow. What you do might not be best for my grow. I like to see what people do different and I might try it and see how it works for me. All you got to do is keep the seed moist during germination. Air will prune your roots. But they also need oxygen. Over watering causes issues because it's damages the roots. Underwatering can cause issues to your roots depending on how long it went till watered again. The healthier the roots bigger plant. All Im Saying.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Any time you mess with the soil around the roots it will stress them and the plant will stop growing to focus on her roots. And there are many ways to germinate seeds. For beginners the paper towel method works great. Your not susposed to let them grow in the paper towels. Once the tail comes out about 1/4 inch plant in your final pot. Cut a water bottle in half and place over the seeds to keep humidity in. I have gotten many people started that way. Then figure out what works best for them. What I do might not be best for your grow. What you do might not be best for my grow. I like to see what people do different and I might try it and see how it works for me. All you got to do is keep the seed moist during germination. Air will prune your roots. But they also need oxygen. Over watering causes issues because it's damages the roots. Underwatering can cause issues to your roots depending on how long it went till watered again. The healthier the roots bigger plant. All Im Saying.
absolutely,
no argument here,.. i think as growers we watch for things that we like to “control” and i’m always about the roots from the start, other than different germinating methods, i have my ways and my plants always have solid packed roots and at harvest, so much so i can barely beat/break up the root ball out in the compost area,. and most of that secret is just a practical watering method if wet/dry cycle providing you understand the nutritional needs throughout the growth cycle,.
anyhoo i post videos almost every sunday on whatever i’ve done during the week for the most part,.
here i’m about to transplant these today

Top Bottom