Here We Go!!!! White House Signals Looming Crackdown On Recreational Marijuana

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I think if we let pot help a lot of health problems we would see a huge drop in pill prices and it would eventually mean affordable health care for everyone. Health care is riding on them pills right now i think!!! Could be wrong but it seems like simple supply and demand to me.
It should be simple supply and demand but we don't have that ability. What does affordable health care for everyone include? I think the purposeful lack of transparency at all levels is telling, and it's also the single biggest reason healthcare is so expensive.

The entire issue is a non-starter. I don't believe you will see a health insurance carrier cover a pot-related claim. They are specifically excluded from claims incurred in the original language in A20. Obviously this is a generalization and things like victim's of pot dui accidents would not be affected, but the bullshit CBD disorder that's popped up lately will also scare insurance companies away from pot, at least as it stands right now. Even if Sessions or the hopefully new AG ignores state's with pot laws, insurance companies are usually multi-state, and within the scope of the commerce clause, so no pot. Unless and until it is rescheduled, unless and until big pharma can gain access or get their foot in the door, then healthcare will continue to depend on the pills and those who manufacture them.

We need to remember that our healthcare delivery system is one sixth of our economy. It's ludicrous to think one piece of legislation would be a fix-all, and it's also ludicrous to think that the R's have anything 'better', but we'll see what they bring to the table that hasn't been brought up before.

The answers to address the problems are many, from tort reform to underwriting to regulations (carriers looking to merge but are rejected, see Wellpoint/Aetna/Humana/Cigna) to lobbying to our litigious society forcing doctors to use defensive medicine, fewer doctors joining the ranks due to massive student loan debt, fewer doctors practicing due to the high cost of malpractice insurance, the cost of our pills, and the cost of the delivery of health care itself. Hospitals are expensive, they don't turn anyone away regardless of the ability to pay, and their retail costs are ridiculous.

Lastly, it is insane to think that there can be a serious discussion about healthcare reform in a venue like this. There are simply too many variables to try and pick and choose what to argue about. Reform is needed, but how do we reform one fifth of our entire economy? It seems simple and it should be, but it's the opposite.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Amazing. I write up a long review on why we should respect our cops, give examples why, and show why society is great because of cops. And this is what you write. Well, would you have cops training in the academy to blow bubble gum bubbles? Learn which bathrooms people should use? I am glad people like you don't run things, cause the gangs would run things, because you are a small mind spreading hate along with mis-truths. IMO. Is saddens me you see 100% of a group this way. Kind of like a racist, or a bigot. Or maybe exactly like a bigot.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
  1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
    "don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
    synonyms: chauvinist, partisan, sectarian; More

You could almost substitute our conversation into the definition. "don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the"........ police force.

I see more than black and white. I try to see the entire picture.
I didnt mean to go on a whole cop bash fest... i was just pointing out the fact that they dont always live by a code of service and protecting the citizens.. and now they are making up flags desecrating the US flag... once again for their own agendas. Point blank.. we do live in a police nation and things could be handled differently and we could have other jobs that actually helped our GDP.
We really need to bring back manufacturing and labor... then people wouldnt rely on breaking laws and locking people up so much for money.

This is exactly the 1% elite want... divide the county and profit.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Here's a question. How would big pharma get around the government's patent on cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectors in order to market and sell MJ products?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Here's a question. How would big pharma get around the government's patent on cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectors in order to market and sell MJ products?
I have no clue!!! Arent they in bed with each other.... like oil/gas and booze and tobacco all have their hands deep in political pockets. I see a whole lot of lawsuits coming up when things change. Ill happily join lawsuits Against the government when they legalize... i want my record cleaned of my weed charges and i want money for them killin my liver and kidneys with narcotics.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Science!
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0092816
In part:
Background
Debate has surrounded the legalization of marijuana for medical purposes for decades. Some have argued medical marijuana legalization (MML) poses a threat to public health and safety, perhaps also affecting crime rates. In recent years, some U.S. states have legalized marijuana for medical purposes, reigniting political and public interest in the impact of marijuana legalization on a range of outcomes.

Methods
Relying on U.S. state panel data, we analyzed the association between state MML and state crime rates for all Part I offenses collected by the FBI.

Findings
Results did not indicate a crime exacerbating effect of MML on any of the Part I offenses. Alternatively, state MML may be correlated with a reduction in homicide and assault rates, net of other covariates.

Conclusions
These findings run counter to arguments suggesting the legalization of marijuana for medical purposes poses a danger to public health in terms of exposure to violent crime and property crimes.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

So let's look at 'grass'. Henry Ford built a vehicle from hemp. Founding fathers had hemp fields. So what happened? Wm Randolph Hearst (gigantic publishing mogul had a ton of money invested in tree farms for harvesting paper to run his empire. He had the money and power (friends in high places whose political careers he funded) to lean on politicians to criminalize it. Politicians, can be bought or compromised (black mailed) to do the globalist's bidding. Same thing with cancer research- too much money in it to actually find a cure.

I know of a vice president of one of the big firms (Goldman Sachs...?) who was dieing of cancer. The American Cancer Society told him if he donated 10M they would have a cure in 10 years. That was more than 10 years ago. globalists run politics and control the money making businesses, especially those that rake in billions each year from ignorant sheeple. Many free energy devices have been confiscated in the name of National Security. No doubt at the behest of big oil, and on and on. Seems Trump is in an impossible situation unless there is some sort of divine intervention

lino

lino

I concur that watching the dems flop around is sad, tbh I think they will probably get beat soundly in 2018. Hopefully they get the message. They have been moving right for 30 years and stopped backing the middle and lower *economic* class, subbing in social justice type stuff. Though it's troubling as Bernie did run on economics and it wasn't able to bring together enough votes to make it out of the primary.
Ol Bernie got cheated. Everybody knows that nothing is free. Those free stuff promise get votes once in awhile, Cuba and all those free stuff places dont look that attractive tho. Wasserman Schultz, donna brazil cheated bernie, but he was a plant for Hill so he kept his mouth shut like a good Dem Boy....

whitepistols

whitepistols

Man we just need the weed freed. Honestly openly and genuinely. I know the version of legal is never what we want, but hey its damn sure better than

Possession

Any amount Misdemeanor 6 months $ 1,000
With Intent to Distribute
450 g or more Felony 10 months probation – 42 months* $ 100,000
* Sentence determined by category and severity drug severity level
Sale or Distribution
Less than 25 g Felony 14 months probation – 51 years* $ 300,000
25 – less than 450 g Felony 46 – 83 months $ 300,000
450 g – less than 30 kg Felony 92 – 144 months $ 500,000
30 kg or more Felony 138 – 204 months $ 500,000
Within 1000 feet of a school zone Felony 4** - 7 years $ 300,000
* Sentence determined by category and severity drug severity level
** Mandatory minimum sentence
Cultivation
More than 4 – less than 50 plants Felony 46 – 83 months $ 300,000
50 – less than 100 plants Felony 92 – 144 months $ 500,000
100 plants or more Felony 138 – 204 months $ 500,000

Best part is the slot lotto. See if you catch all three at the same time, its mandatory max on all 3...Now the tricky is the 3 strikes rule, did you just use all3? Depends how they want to make a example out of you. If yes, then thats hard 40 no money when pass go. Oh yeah dont forget tax stamps and yes there is more but leaving it out.

As I tell alot, soon it will be. The reason why is the majority right now is a dying breed. In 10 years those that have the power will be elder and not beable to deal with younger generations. Sad but true, and the ace of spades is black......

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I welcome this challenge.. That means sites like this will be more valuable than ever... putting the power straight back into the hand of the people. I know tons of people that wont touch bought out companies and im one of them... they must be high if they think were gonna buy pot from them either. These huge companies have lawsuits world wide on pollution, ethics and poisoning customers and workers.. bring this shit on!!! They are gonna spend billions on equity and go bankrupt on revenue. Ill keep showing people how to home grow till im in the dirt.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Liking the fix to obamacare...let's make subsidies age based instead of financial...cause that's definitely not going to shift the cost to the middle class and poor.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/details-leak-about-republican-plan-to-replace-obamacare/
That's a fantastic idea, but it probably won't happen.

With car insurance, you speed, you get tickets, you pay more than less risky drivers. Same is said about health insurance. Women of child-bearing age incur higher claims than males of the same age, and used to have higher premiums that reflected the increased potential for claim. Colorado legislators called foul and said charging different rates for men and women is discriminatory, and now this state has unisex rates. The same with medical underwriting, very young and very old folks have much higher utilization and subsidies should be based on utilization or age rather than income or the ability to pay. I don't want to subsidize grandpa's new hip, but my opinion changes when I'm the one needing the new hip. The issue that I am unable to overcome is that a small percentage of those with health conditions who did nothing to put themselves in that position, which makes sense.

I don't think the individual mandate requiring people to purchase insurance would be an issue if health insurance wasn't so expensive. I would liken it to auto insurance if the cost can come down. Or, if the penalty was $10k, I don't think we'd see many young folks go without, but I think that the dems were planning on running the table with hilldog and the crap hitting the fan now would have been the perfect time for her to reintroduce hillarycare or some other BS. I like Trump's expanded use of health savings accounts and tax credits based on age, not income.

I still don't see anything that begins to address the crisis of the rising cost of healthcare though.
So let's look at 'grass'. Henry Ford built a vehicle from hemp. Founding fathers had hemp fields. So what happened? Wm Randolph Hearst (gigantic publishing mogul had a ton of money invested in tree farms for harvesting paper to run his empire. He had the money and power (friends in high places whose political careers he funded) to lean on politicians to criminalize it. Politicians, can be bought or compromised (black mailed) to do the globalist's bidding. Same thing with cancer research- too much money in it to actually find a cure.

I know of a vice president of one of the big firms (Goldman Sachs...?) who was dieing of cancer. The American Cancer Society told him if he donated 10M they would have a cure in 10 years. That was more than 10 years ago. globalists run politics and control the money making businesses, especially those that rake in billions each year from ignorant sheeple. Many free energy devices have been confiscated in the name of National Security. No doubt at the behest of big oil, and on and on. Seems Trump is in an impossible situation unless there is some sort of divine intervention
This is interesting but untrue. I like the anecdote though, it feels good.

I call bullshit on your hearst claims, I call 80% bullshit on your henry ford hemp car, I call bullshit on your free energy conspriacy bullshit, and although I can't prove it, I also call bullshit on your feel goody story about the ACS. The ACS has raised 4.5 billion since it was founded in 1913. You can find this in ACS literature, or here: https://www.cancer.org/about-us/financial-governance-information/stewardship-report.html. That makes absolutely no sense that they would even have to solicit funds, let alone the way you claim. I don't think the ACS is soliciting donations from millionaire's with cancer. It would be interesting to see any documentation of something like this. Surely there isn't only one single case. I like your hearst theory but racism makes much more sense. This is the first link I found: . Alternet! I also think there is more money to be made in the cure rather than keeping the cure a secret.

"globalists run politics and control the money making businesses, especially those that rake in billions each year from ignorant sheeple. Many free energy devices have been confiscated in the name of National Security. No doubt at the behest of big oil"
This is so wonderfully vague that I actually like it. If your free energy devices involve anything other than tesla, then bullshit. Even the stuff tesla did can't be proven, at least the fun and interesting things, but all of that can be found at the oatmeal in a single entry. It's worth the look: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Here's a newspaper clipping, so ten percent of seventy percent is what you consider the threshold of a hemp car? That's interesting.

Hempcar
Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
If we can't even agree on rescheduling how are we going to agree to full legalization?

I don't disagree with your statement. However could you see that say ten years ago? I seriously doubt it, just a encouraging sign is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom