Here we GROW!

• Thread starter BogartAmungus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Ok I am going to start this wonderful journey now! Well, actually last week. Ha! Yeah...please God don't let me fail! I would like to start off by thanking EVERYONE that has helped me out already especially Buzzer777! Been a real inspiration to me! I germinated my seeds last Sunday and put em in red solo cups on Tue. I am still debating on what 5/8 plants that popped to grow. I have 2 Obama kush from CSI Portland, 2 Ethos Citral Glue, Katsu's Xanadu & Dracarys from HellaDank seeds and an unknown strain that is believed to be feminized from Portland Or. Gifted to me from a buddy at work. I finally have almost everything I need now set up. 4x8 Mars tent, 2 ES300 v2 lights, 6"carbon filter and fan for air exchange. I am running one light at about 4.5 ft 40% intensity and one at 20% just to help with heat until my heater comes tomorrow. I only need one now I'm sure. I cant get temp over 70° and RH at 46% now. I went with 50% Fox Farms Happy Frog, 25% perlite, and 25% pro mix basic formula for my medium and I decided to K.I.S.S. and went with Earth Dust soil additive for nutes so I can basically water and top dress a couple times in 5 gal cloth pots for my maiden voyage. Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated. I hope I can dial in the lights and not fry my plants and have a good 1st grow. I have been following the directions from the manufacturer so we will see. I think I may try main line training on a 2 plants and LST on 2. I can only grow 5 plants at a time and told the Mrs. I won't get in trouble. I will try one in my vegetable garden. Here's my 1st week pictures.
Here we grow 2
Here we grow

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Ok today/Yesterday is exactly a week since they popped out of the soil. I had a small amount of air space in the top of cups and back filled yesterday. Not too lanky yet. I have the ES300's at 46" above the tops of plants.
20200303 181050
20200303 180756

Dbear180

Dbear180

I'm not positive cuz I dont play with leds, but I think you can bring the lights a lil closer especially since your running dimmed, will help with stretch & stack those nodes nice n tight đź‘Ť
Someone with more led exp will chime in soon I'm sure. Take a look at @Mr.jiujitsu s threads, that dude kills it with the leds đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I'm not positive cuz I dont play with leds, but I think you can bring the lights a lil closer especially since your running dimmed, will help with stretch & stack those nodes nice n tight đź‘Ť
Someone with more led exp will chime in soon I'm sure. Take a look at @Mr.jiujitsu s threads, that dude kills it with the leds đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Yeah trust me I want to and I am tempted to try and lower them and dim even more to conserve electricity. I am just following the instructions that were given to me with the lights. As my first grow I am hesitant to go with what I think I should do lol. One of the Obama Kush's leaves almost looks light stressed already. I will post a pic of it when I get home. They recommend starting at 36-60".

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Here is a picture of the one plant that looks stressed or nute deficiency but shouldn't the cotyledon have enough for the plant to make it a couple weeks? I have been trying to make myself be very careful about overwatering and have been going by feel in top inch and the weight of the cup. The soil is about 75% pro mix and 25% Fox Farm Happy Frog with some perlite mixed in. I have had an issue with the temp jumping up to 82 degrees on me. Little heater I bought has a "thermostat" and should stay at the temp you turn it to make it shut off. I get that there will be some fluctuations but I can't get it to stay in mid 70's it's either 67 or 82 degrees lol and the RH plummets as it gets hot. So IDK if that has stressed it either???
20200304 181700
20200304 181648

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Ok tomorrow will be two weeks since they popped up and I probably should have waited for another week to up pot but I am so damn impatient lol. First grow so I am sure that is not going to be my last mistake HA! Here is week two picture.
20200309 195141

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I guess I should log what I did too. I am using the Earth dust soil additive from Green Sunshine company. I added 50% Fox Farm Strawberry fields and 50% final pot soil to my 1 gal fabric pots. I will grow these out for a while and up pot a couple weeks before I flip to 12s. I plan on adding Strawberry fields to my final pot depending on how these do. I lowered the light to 36" and 50% power. After they grow more I will bump up to 100% and start bringing it down to 24". If anybody has advice on the ES 300's V2 distance and power at the veg stage please chime in with any advice you can think of. đź‘Ťthanks

bunkerking

bunkerking

Do me a favor.

Take the ph/water/light meter.... and chuck it outside. (into another pot that isnt cannabis)

Its not accurate enough for this, and will mislead you.

Learn how to pick up the pots and feel them by weight. You should be able to hold that pot in one hand wrist flat above your head...aka should get pretty darn light/dry before you rewater them. Few weeks of doing that, and you will be a pro.

B

Burned Haze

Do me a favor.

Take the ph/water/light meter.... and chuck it outside. (into another pot that isnt cannabis)

Learn how to pick up the pots and feel them by weight. You should be able to hold that pot in one hand wrist flat above your head...aka should get pretty darn light/dry before you rewater them. Few weeks of doing that, and you will be a pro.

His doing ya a favor, def correct on that and it sucks to lose plants you put so much energy in because of that.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Do me a favor.

Haha yeah I am taking it with a grain of salt. I was checking it out to see haw accurate it is. But i mainly bought it to test soil ph and it isn't worth sht lol

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I will have to look into that đź‘Ť
You can do a simple slurry test. Take a little of your soil mix it with a little water making a thin paste and add vinegar to it. If it fizz's its alkaline. If not do a different batch of soil the same way and add baking soda, if it fizz's its acidic. You can correct from there to no fizz.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

You can do a simple slurry test. Take a little of your soil mix it with a little water making a thin paste and add vinegar to it. If it fizz's its alkaline. If not do a different batch of soil the same way and add baking soda, if it fizz's its acidic. You can correct from there to no fizz.
Would I want it a little on the acidic side? I hope I don't have to worry about that with the soil I am using. I am using Earth dust ammendment made from organic materials lol but doesn't say it is organic. 🤔 I basically was sold on that idea because of only having to water and add this stuff (base and flower boost) once initially and let it cook basically and once a week or two before flipping to flower and one last time 30 days later. I just hope the soil I used happy frog, pro mix, and strawberry fields. Doesn't make it too hot and have nitrogen burn ??? We will see lol

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Your soil should be neutral out the bag. Check for lime in the ingredients, if it has that it should be self buffering. Most soil guys do not ph, but the slurry test should tell you how you are running if you are using nutrients. Test kit would be best, home method is just for a general idea. As long as its not bubbling like boiling water with either, you should be ok, but I would rather see a couple air bubbles with the baking soda than the vinegar.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Well it's 3 weeks since they popped up. I topped 4 of them this morning preparing for mainline. Had a mishap last night. I had a 2 gal water can leak out in the tent and had to take everything out and dry it out. It soaked all the way through the liner and the floor of the tent to the concrete. Had to prop it up and let a fan air dry underneath it so I didn't have a mold or mildew problem. What a PIA my back is killing me lol. I naturally procrastinated securing my surge protector up on the poles lol got lucky on that one. It was sitting above the water. Whew. I will post pictures this afternoon. Plants seem to be doing well. A half short strains and others are taller.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Here are some pictures of week 3 progress. The soil I am using has a soil amendment in it so I in theory should not have to feed until week before flipping to flower. I am curious to see how this stuff performs. Im sure I will come across some kind of nutritional issues along the way. It will be a great learning experience I can't wait to see how it pans out. I have one plant (Obama Kush) that from the very beginning was mottled looking and very slow to grow. Been a runt the whole time and still looks like I will be culling it. The 2nd shortest slow grower is the other Obama kush. The Ethos Citral Glue is growing tall with wide spaced nodes and the unknown strain is also growing tall with wide nodes. The Katsu's Dracarys and Xanadu are medium sized and good tight nodes. I topped some this morning and PROBABLY should have waited on a couple so the growth tips were a little bigger. But you know how it is when you are on the first grow...G.D. I should have waited! LOL
20200317 191952

This is the deformed one that never took off like the rest and has weird colors.
20200317 192031

This is one i should have waited probably.
20200317 192108

One that was more like it.
20200317 192008

Other Obama Kush
20200317 192310

Katsu's Dracarys
20200317 192344

And my temp and RH monitor
20200317 192232

I still have the light at 50% around 36" above

Latest posts

Top Bottom