Here's why CA NORML says vote YES on Prop 215!!!

• Thread starter Mad Farmer 1620
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Originally posted to wrong thread.....

Save Black Market Pricing! Vote NO on Prop 19!

So check out my new sig. Hope you dig it. Here's the thing. As I explained in the other other thread - prices are directly related to the risk involved in growing & selling - simple economics that everyone understands. But for some reason the don't understand that by the very same economic law, price MUST and WILL come down when the risk is reduced or eliminated. So now you have this group of people (growers - Marc Emery's 3rd group) that really want a situation that is economically impossible - low/no risk with high-risk prices. It's economic law, it doesn't work that way. Either we get a low risk/low price scenario, legalization OR MMJ, where risk goes away (talkin' legit, without the Cooleys & Dumanis') or we get high risk/high price. If we work one of the low/no-risk scenarios into fruition, then growers must be prepared to compete in the marketplace and that means lower prices anyway you cut it. Even if you legislate away corporate warehouse grows, you're still going to have thousands or tens of thousands of new small-op commercial grows - the new CA gold rush. Competition is inevitable and so is the end of the black market premium.

A

amstercal

Since you're posting your sig explanation multiple place, I'll post my response too

I think that's oversimplifying. There are many factors that go into price. Because cities would get to determine how stores will operate, price could vary from city to city. CA voters LOVE to vote in new taxes for cigarette smokers. Who's to say they won't keep upping the taxes because it's no longer medical? If the taxes become twice the price, that will be more of a factor than any supply/demand/risk scenarios.

You may feel the reason people want to vote no is financial, but you don't speak for me. Your fancy patriotic-colored signature is nice propaganda, but it has nothing to do with most of the people I know who are voting no.

And maybe it should say... Think you are ending prohibition but really just change a few things, not to the benefit of everyone, mainly just so we can say that we did it! Vote Yes on Prop 19!

Ok, that was snarky, but the blue and red was causing a seizure. :-)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Darth, I've outlined my reasons, you either choose to ignore them or fail to grasp them. Ultimately, this is not an end to prohibition, no matter how you "sugar coat" it. Hollering, calling names, implying others fail basic reading comprehension does nothing to further your argument.

Either way, the truth of everyone's stances will be borne out if this passes.

B

Backward_Z

Hollering, calling names, implying others fail basic reading comprehension does nothing to further your argument.

QFT.

I've run into this before--even if somebody is a commercial cannabis farmer that doesn't automatically mean they're greedy, even if they oppose 19.

Most commercial farmers I know would be happy to make half what they make if they could be out in the open about it.

The problem is that 19 doesn't do this. It legalizes commercially for a very select few and I don't think it's unfair conjecture to say that there will be bribes and other such incentives involved. 19 practically guarantees the continuation of the black market by not creating a comprehensive licensing system that allows anybody equal access to said licensure.

And so what if a person makes decent money from pot? There are millionaires in every industry. I'd think people in favor of legalization would want to support commercial farmers--I mean that IS where most people get their weed from, right?

Prop 19 guarantees that Lee and his like will roll in legal, non-laundered dough while the rest of us are left out in the cold. FUCK. THAT.

marski420

marski420

Wikipedia cites 12 polls. 10 of the 12 show it passing. The one you picked is the weakest of the bunch statistically with the smallest sample size of less than 450 polled.

Eric Holder doesn't get to tell Californians how to vote. I, for one, welcome the Fed's attempts to crack down on CA. Maybe they'll start with the 60,000 ft warehouse grows. But the court cases will be worth it. Prop 215 was regarded as deeply flawed and vague when it came out and (surprisingly) the Feds said they weren't having it either. But it brought a great amount of publicity and attention to the cause and the majority of court cases went our way.

Anyone who welcomes the FED to do anything is a fool.. they ruin everything and is infact the reason we have a bunch of REDICULAS laws in the first place. They make us their slaves and you think its good for them to do stuff? Dude, think clearly here.. They have basically said "Fuck the people, if they vote yes were still saying NO" We live in free countries here in North America yet people just allow the government / FED to do whatever they please, weather it follows our constitutional rights or not.. Marijuana is a naturally occuring plant of this earth and ill be DAMNED if some rich old fucks think they can take it away from me or put me in jail like im some child on a time out. I'm tired of the peoples rights slowly sailing away.. they think they can tax us on every single thing we do, we cant even park in public areas without having to pay for a parking meter!!! Yet, where in the fuck does all this money the jack from us go? It goes right into making newer technology to catch people "commiting crimes" (In quotes cause most crimes arent even a fucking crime) When the fuck will people wake up and say, fuck this machine that has consumed my life and my energy.. Fuck this machine that has made us its bitch when they are public servents to us, not the other way around. FUCK anyone who thinks a cop can touch you because of a FLOWER.. Cops = THUGS for the FED.. the FED = a mafia/ gang (Cause there just as ruthless!!!) People need to do research on how to get themselves out of this corrupt system, cause its possible.. I have done it myself.. Its called being apart of the freemans society, where as your automatically apart of the law society from birth..

Latest posts

Top Bottom