Hermaphrodite flower in 6th week?? Please help

• Thread starter watsum08
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

watsum08

Hey guys I got this Girl Scout Cookies with a nice phenotype, blue color and has a lot of calyx, very few pistils. I like the plant it's very different from the other GSC I got.. I have good temperatures ~25-27c everything is going great.

Recently I noticed some weird new green growth coming from the buds. It looks to me like male parts..

Please I need your confirmation if this plant is going banana herma. If it is, how long for it to start pollenating? She still has around 10-14 days before harvest... 🙃

Hermaphrodite flower in 6th week please help
Hermaphrodite flower in 6th week please help 2
Hermaphrodite flower in 6th week please help 3
CannaDana

CannaDana

Yup, that baby hermed out, all right, and some of them have opened already. I'd harvest right now. With two weeks in flower to go, I wouldn't leave it there. If you only had a few days, I'd leave it, but two weeks is plenty of time for it to spread pollen everywhere and to actually get some seed development, which would ruin your potency and harvest. To me, it's worth it to sacrifice it now for the collective good.

W

watsum08

Thanks for the quick replies!! Here's another pic from the other side.. pretty ripe bananas I'd say
IMG20220502011246
i isolated her in another tent hoping none of her neighbors got pollenated.. I guess I'll have to check signs of seeds daily.

Some say cutting of the nanners will help reduce pollenating but I personally think it will just make her grow more nanners. What do you think?

growsince79

growsince79

Thanks for the quick replies!! Here's another pic from the other side.. pretty ripe bananas I'd sayView attachment 1240889 i isolated her in another tent hoping none of her neighbors got pollenated.. I guess I'll have to check signs of seeds daily.

Some say cutting of the nanners will help reduce pollenating but I personally think it will just make her grow more nanners. What do you think?
I think for everyone you see there might be 5x that you can't see. Ime it only takes 2-3 days after pollination for the bud to taste like shit.

W

watsum08

The thing is none of the trichomes are amber.. but better be safe than sorry for sure. I'm gonna flush her now and let her 24 more hours then cut..

Last question I can't seem to find a real answer/result anywhere. Do you think giving her 24-48hours will increase trichome production? I want to cut the light off on her since it lowers the temps and she's getting harvested soon anyways.

Thanks for your help
I think for everyone you see there might be 5x that you can't see. Ime it only takes 2-3 days after pollination for the bud to taste like shit.

IMG20220502014905
growsince79

growsince79

The thing is none of the trichomes are amber.. but better be safe than sorry for sure. I'm gonna flush her now and let her 24 more hours then cut..

Last question I can't seem to find a real answer/result anywhere. Do you think giving her 24-48hours will increase trichome production? I want to cut the light off on her since it lowers the temps and she's getting harvested soon anyways.

Thanks for your help
I don't think 24-48 hours dark before cut matters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom