Hermaphrodite plant? Please help identify.

• Thread starter dougied86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dougied86

I been hands on with these plants. Check them when I flipped to flower. All good. Just check today found what looked like a pollen sack on that plant. Don't have pic of it. But looks like a Yellow crab claw or banana. I hope I'm overreacting. Please help.

Hermaphrodite plant please help identify
Hermaphrodite plant please help identify 2
Hermaphrodite plant please help identify 3
Hermaphrodite plant please help identify 4
Hermaphrodite plant please help identify 5
Hermaphrodite plant please help identify 6
D

dougied86

I been hands on with these plants. Check them when I flipped to flower. All good. Just check today found what looked like a pollen sack on that plant. Don't have pic of it. But looks like a Yellow crab claw or banana. I hope I'm overreacting. Please help.
This is my first grow. I'm using coco. That was an autoflower fem seed.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

We're going to have to have a picture of it to be 100% certain.

P.S. Welcome to the farm.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There are a couple of pics with suspicious looking parts, but these pics are too blurry for me to say for certain. The very last pic looks OK, the second to last, to the left, as well as the pic to the left above that one, might have a couple of nanners sticking out, but then again they might not.

If you know the plant parts I'm talking about, tweeze them out.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

There are a couple of pics with suspicious looking parts, but these pics are too blurry for me to say for certain. The very last pic looks OK, the second to last, to the left, as well as the pic to the left above that one, might have a couple of nanners sticking out, but then again they might not.

If you know the plant parts I'm talking about, tweeze them out.
I'm not going to say they are or are not without better pictures. However, I also see locations where they could be either sugar leaves or nanners. Better pictures showing closer up shots of the suspected sites would move this from a guess to a clear answer.

D

dougied86

If you know the plant parts I'm talking about, tweeze them out
Can I save the plants. Yes look like naners to me. Will get better pics.

Madmax

Madmax

If thats all the dope you got growing wet fingers and pluck it off..if thats the only bit you might just get some seeds here there..
Lol...we thinking the same thing goodshit97 .

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Plant is totally fine, try to get most of the nanners off if you want. Worst thing thats gonna happen is you'll get a few seeds here and there. But hey, weed used to always have seeds in it.
Yes, the plant can be saved. However as stated by @Goodshit97, there's a chance of seeds.

If you're late in flower and your plant is throwing male flowers as a last ditch effort to produce seeds, you'll likely see very few seeds. If there are other plants in an earlier states of flower, you could be anywhere from seeded to heavily seeded.

It's been a long time since I had hermies but if it were mine, I'd keep it if I didn't have any other plants growing beside it. I'd also remove any nanners that I'd find. If this was mid grow in an otherwise packed flower room, I'd cull it and not give it a second thought.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

If this was mid grow in an otherwise packed flower room, I'd cull it and not give it a second thought.
Been here before, 3 plants in a tent at various stages of flower, 1 shot nanners week 7 in flower. I kept picking the nanners daily as i found them, i ended up with 1 seed, and it was the plant that nannered. The other 2 were completely fine. I think it really depends on the number of nanners on the plant. I only had probably 15 total.

D

dougied86

I have good buds on it. But I found couple pods. Just happened. Can I save any of the plant or pitch it? If it hermaphrodite do they make good seeds? Is I worth letting it grow for the seeds? I bought my seeds from ilgm

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I have good buds on it. But I found couple pods. Just happened. Can I save any of the plant or pitch it? If it hermaphrodite do they make good seeds? Is I worth letting it grow for the seeds? I bought my seeds from ilgm
Pinch those pods and nanners off. Shes almost done now. The only beans ive grown that nannered were from ILGM, they were also the most inconsistent seeds ive ever grown. 12 blueberry autos and not 2 were even close to the same.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Been here before, 3 plants in a tent at various stages of flower, 1 shot nanners week 7 in flower. I kept picking the nanners daily as i found them, i ended up with 1 seed, and it was the plant that nannered. The other 2 were completely fine. I think it really depends on the number of nanners on the plant. I only had probably 15 total.
There are other factors too ... like exhaust ventilation. If your ventilation system creates a vacuum inside your tent, much more of that pollen is sucked out. That's just one example as there are many. The last hermie I had was a "sweet potato pie" plant I grew from bagseed. It was moderately seeded but the plants surrounding it were completely seedless or only had a few. Since then, I stopped crowding tents because I was tired of playing twister on watering day. I give my plants a lot more room now and its not likely I'll miss seeing male flowers.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

There are other factors too ... like exhaust ventilation. If your ventilation system creates a vacuum inside your tent, much more of that pollen is sucked out. That's just one example as there are many. The last hermie I had was a "sweet potato pie" plant I grew from bagseed. It was moderately seeded but the plants surrounding it were completely seedless or only had a few. Since then, I stopped crowding tents because I was tired of playing twister on watering day. I give my plants a lot more room now and its not likely I'll miss seeing male flowers.
Yeah that could've been it, didnt factor in the exhaust fan, i run the ac infinity t6 in all my tents and if i dont leave a vent open a bit, it seems like my 3x3s will self implode lol. My 4x4 isnt so bad but i have the GGT high cfm kit in that.

D

dougied86

Pinch those pods and nanners off. Shes almost done now. The only beans ive grown that nannered were from ILGM, they were also the most inconsistent seeds ive ever grown. 12 blueberry autos and not 2 were even close to the same.
I have 12 plants. In a 4 x8. Only the one I found concerns me. It was only on the new growth. Was corner plant. I checked others and haven't found anything. And I go through when I water and clean up the larf that's when I noticed small pollen sack. Could just been really high and could been dead fan leave. Lol. Thanks for all your help. This is my first grow so it helps. Hope she didn't mess with her other roommates

Latest posts

Top Bottom