hermaphrodite seeds

• Thread starter greenjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenjoe

greenjoe

so i had a c99 herm on me and my grow got pollinated.....i took all that and made it into oil and hash....as i was emptying out the bho tube...seeds were in there and i just dumped them onto the ground...well a few weeks later a bunch of them started to grow and i let them just to see what would happen...well every one turned female...and so far i do not see 1 ball sack on any plant...I thought hermed seeds would produce hermed plants....so far i got some very nice plants growing .....they are 4 weeks into flowering

so should i expect to see bananas on these eventually or what?

Ambre

Ambre

The best (and most useless) answer is - maybe. To some extent, it depends on what caused the original plant to hermie. If it was stress, the plants may not hermie on you. If it wasn't stress related, then they may.

Do you have any idea why it hermied? Stress such as a light leak, temperature stress, water stress, or?

Did the plant hermie at the very end of flowering or early? A lot of plants will pop a few nanners at the end of flowering, this is a survival technique to keep the genetics going and should not result in "bad" hermies. If it popped nanners at the beginning, then chances are that future generations will also hermie.

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

It could of hermied for a bunch of reasons, light leaks, stress or maybe it just has a tendency to hermi.

I would just let them finish and see what you get.

greenjoe

greenjoe

hey guys thanks....they were in a multi strain grow and only this strain hermed on me...very close at at about 3-4 weeks in...i will keep checking

drewski85

drewski85

keep a good eye on them and do what you can to prevent stress on them and they should be alright.some plants(especially Thai genetics) have a predisposition to throwing out nanners.I'm not sayin Cindy does as I have never grown her.it very well could of been a light leak or somethin else she didn't like

greenjoe

greenjoe

so far they are all beautiful looking plants....not a banana on them....frosty and fruity.....they did get tall for plants that were planted late july....just hope the weather here holds out till end of month....

greenjoe

greenjoe

looking like super dank.....BUT mold has hit the fan leafs....had a lot of rain here....i will keep an eye on them to pu;; them out before the mold hits the buds

greenjoe

greenjoe

out of 16 plants...1 banana popped up....and they are all this frosty.....but that mold is starting to spread...so another 3-4 days and they are getting chopped
DSC08690

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The best (and most useless) answer is - maybe. To some extent, it depends on what caused the original plant to hermie. If it was stress, the plants may not hermie on you. If it wasn't stress related, then they may.

Do you have any idea why it hermied? Stress such as a light leak, temperature stress, water stress, or?

Did the plant hermie at the very end of flowering or early? A lot of plants will pop a few nanners at the end of flowering, this is a survival technique to keep the genetics going and should not result in "bad" hermies. If it popped nanners at the beginning, then chances are that future generations will also hermie.
Great question s
out of 16 plants...1 banana popped up....and they are all this frosty.....but that mold is starting to spread...so another 3-4 days and they are getting choppedView attachment 449807
Thanks for sharing and I wouldn't get my hopes up too much because hermie potential and mold potential are red flags but may turn out to be good medicine just stay on thy toes for pollen and ore unwanted seed

straincreation

straincreation

Wheres the breaders at. From what ive read a some hermie pollen produces femenized seeds. If done properly, in this case i dont think there was any intention of doing this , but you may have gotten lucky. Woo woo.
happy farmin;)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Wheres the breaders at. From what ive read a some hermie pollen produces femenized seeds. If done properly, in this case i dont think there was any intention of doing this , but you may have gotten lucky. Woo woo.
happy farmin;)
True I think by ambres questions bring out the potential either way as far as breeding theese plants

sixstring

sixstring

also i think they will be less likely to herm in natural conditions outside,so ya got that goin for ya :)

william76

william76

it's not over yet.
what you could do is plant 1 or 2 if you can spare the space,and you. watch it like a hawk,first sign of any funny bizness,kill it,this way you can see the potential if any,alot good plants are found in bagseed,i look at it a fifty/fifty chance of a hermie,it either is a hermie or it isnt,worth a try?if you know what to look for you lose nothing provided you spot any male parts,good luck,76

M

motz

If there balls,waste of time. If there nanners on the top buds would be the only way I would consider trying any of those,then it would have to be damn few nanners. These are present when the plant is about done and half the time those are sterile.

Top Bottom