hermaphrodite

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

During my last grow I fought a Hermy problem pollinating my ladies, this is my first time not only dealing with this but my first grow ever. I'm finally wrapping things up and harvesting. I knew I had a strain called thud bud that had turned Hermy. this plant was grown from seed so I assumed it was Hermy because of genetic predisposition. I tossed it as soon as discovered (too late). I've just harvested my AK47 and noticed it had male flower and a seed. so now to my main question, the AK47 was from clone so I know it was female for sure, if a flower is pollinated will it it put out only seeds or will it out out a male flower too? I'm just curious if maybe I stressed my plants to much from temp differences or something and turned them Hermy. Is this a picture of a pollinated bud or a Hermy bud? Thanks everybody. :)

Hermaphrodite
Hermaphrodite 2
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If it's a solid female, it will only make seeds.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

So then I must have stressed it to turn Hermy? In the second picture you can really see the male flower.

los0420

los0420

def. a hermi change geneitics unless you think you stressed it out to much and the bud is so good that its worth risking another grow on it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So then I must have stressed it to turn Hermy? In the second picture you can really see the male flower.
Like los says, hermaphroditism is generally a genetic predisposition, and lots of cannabis strains are indeed predisposed. The Chemdog/Chemdog lines are known for it, however, the smoke is good enough that they're worth keeping around, IMO.

There's also the issue of late-flowering hermaphroditism, and many strains that aren't prone will toss out a few bananas at the end of the run. Those pretty much never pollinate anything unless you're doing a perpetual, because seeds need about 4 weeks to set and become mature enough to be viable. Male bananas (this is not how a fully 100% male flowers, btw, they look like tiny orchids and are really quite pretty) can pollinate, and whoever pollinated your lady did so at least a month ago. The bananas you're seeing could be due to a number of factors, including that it's almost done flowering.

The bud you've shown is both pollinated, showing a mature seed, and has hermied, showing the bananas. I've not run this strain, maybe it's one of those that's known to throw bananas late in flower. I would think that if you really stressed it into throwing those bananas that it would have happened earlier, not when she's almost done. My own opinion, and it's nothing resembling expert, is that this is late-flowering banana-tossage.

Cort

Cort

Id double check my room for light leaks before I toss the strain, if its good enough to worry about.

Turn on bright lights outside the space, get inside and sit with lights off for about 5 minutes.

If you see light, so did your girly boys.

be sure to do this in your normal lights out period to acct for the stray leaky exhaust or street lights

Top Bottom