Hermaphrodites... on purpose

• Thread starter BamBamEh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BamBamEh

Has anyone here grown a crop of hermaphrodites intentionally. i figure if you are growing ALL hermies you have nothing to fear, right? From what i've heard, male flowers can even be individually picked off to avoid seeding.

Has anyone tried this?

J

Jobo

why would you do that?

I can guarantee your not goona get every nanner and your goona get tons of seeds.

Why would you grow hermies intentionally except for feminzed seeds?

C

CheebaMonkey

Explain why you want hermies. I don't get it.

I had a female dominant hermie once and I had to pick balls off every day for weeks into flowering. In the end it yielded well and I didn't find a single seed but I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone. Disgusting hermies freak of nature fucks!

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Has anyone here grown a crop of hermaphrodites intentionally. i figure if you are growing ALL hermies you have nothing to fear, right? From what i've heard, male flowers can even be individually picked off to avoid seeding.

Has anyone tried this?

Nothing to fear... nothing to gain either...

L

Lost

I just had one get stressed and give me about 80 seeds from 4 different plants. Did not really affect the yield as there was lucky if there was one seed per gram or two size nug...

B

BamBamEh

Reason i ask is because i scooped some bag seed from some really good stuff. I'm assuming that they are all gonna be hermaphrodites because it looks like this batch was from a hermaphrodite (according to seed placement). Whoever grew the original plants that this came off of must've known it was a hermaphrodite. but the bottom line is the smoke was really good.

Explain why you want hermies. I don't get it.

I had a female dominant hermie once and I had to pick balls off every day for weeks into flowering. In the end it yielded well and I didn't find a single seed but I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone. Disgusting hermies freak of nature fucks!

idk how much time you folks spend in the garden but i'm one of those idiots who kills his plants with kindness. i give my plants way to much attention and then i end up going overboard and smothering them. i think the added work would actually keep me busy and i would then avoid doing something stupid to my plants.

i must also say... this would be my first REAL op and i don't plan on buying any seeds so i figured i would use what i had on hand while i experimented and learned about THIS particular plant a little more.

if its REALLY that bad of an idea i won't waste my time. but like i said.. i don't wanna spend money on good seeds while i'm still learning.

B

Beeronymous

what the hell is the difference between feminized seeds and regular seeds?

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

I just had one get stressed and give me about 80 seeds from 4 different plants. Did not really affect the yield as there was lucky if there was one seed per gram or two size nug...

i had that happen last year and saved maybe 200 seeds from
about 15 plantlets (from 4 or 5 different strains, i don't
remember exactly).

thinking they were shit i tossed most of them but i saved
some just too see, you know?

anyway, i gave a friend maybe 40 of 'em for his outdoor
this year and don't you know, they were all female!

won't know how good they are 'til they're cured but we
were able to take cuts from the ones that looked most
interesting.

in any event, it appears that my stressing one of my plants
to hermie inadvertently created me some fem seeds!

lol, so, i hoped you saved yours!

Top Bottom