Hermie? 5th week of flower

• Thread starter Lockeboxgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Hey all, today's the begining of week 5 of flower and I noticed this seed pod looking deal on one of my buds earlier. Any advice on removing it? I don't intend on trashing the plant as this is my first grow and one of two plants.
Hermie 5th week of flower

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Pluck it off with tweezers right into a cup of water. Watch for more.
Cool thanks, I plucked it and one more I found on the next node down.
Will keep my eyes on it, not sure what might've caused this (no abnormalities in schedule) so im thinking genetics, fingers crossed

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Lock , if the male sacs continue , i would suggest killing the plant ...theres a great chance that the one hermi plant will blow pollen on the other flowering plant and you'll end up with two seeded , not so great plants to harvest
one good flowering plant is a no brainer compared to the alternative

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Hey Lock , if the male sacs continue , i would suggest killing the plant ...theres a great chance that the one hermi plant will blow pollen on the other flowering plant and you'll end up with two seeded , not so great plants to harvest
one good flowering plant is a no brainer compared to the alternative
Hopefully it doesn't come to that, I'll keep pulling sacks as I see them and keep a close eye on her. Maybe I'll be lucky and won't have anymore lol gotta think positive

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

Yea its hermie just keep pulling sacks if you see them no need to chop its 5 week flower arleady. Even if they got seeded more or less it would be nice smoke just annoying seperate seeds. 🙂

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Yea its hermie just keep pulling sacks if you see them no need to chop its 5 week flower arleady. Even if they got seeded more or less it would be nice smoke just annoying seperate seeds. 🙂
Yeah I'm with ya there, too much excitement has gone into this plant to chop her down haha. Both sacs were on the very bottom branch of the plant so maybe they will be contained to one area if they continue, hopefully lol

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

Yeah I'm with ya there, too much excitement has gone into this plant to chop her down haha. Both sacs were on the very bottom branch of the plant so maybe they will be contained to one area if they continue, hopefully lol
Ye my last round another plant hermed and pollinated another little bit too. Sacks were bottom branches but had pretty many of them still when i grind bud there could be only 0-2 seed but more lower buds got more but still im happy and personal use so no matter. Potency, smell, taste all is there still but maybe there can be little decrease ofc but i like and enjoy it with my girlfriend. 🙂

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Well last night I thought I found another pollen sack so I plucked it off with tweezers right before lights out. It did not come off anything like the other two and I think I plucked a swollen female calyx, it was forming under the bud already forming will that bud site be okay still?

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

Well last night I thought I found another pollen sack so I plucked it off with tweezers right before lights out. It did not come off anything like the other two and I think I plucked a swollen female calyx, it was forming under the bud already forming will that bud site be okay still?
Yea no worries it will be okay 🙂

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Think I found some nanners last night. I've had my eye on these about a week but last night was the first time I could clearly see a split prompting me to remove

3 for 1 deal haha
IMG 20220503 023754158

HeavyKush

HeavyKush

Hey all, today's the begining of week 5 of flower and I noticed this seed pod looking deal on one of my buds earlier. Any advice on removing it? I don't intend on trashing the plant as this is my first grow and one of two plants. View attachment 1238554
Idk bro, from my experience, it's the pods you DON'T see that will fertilize the good
plant and it would be all for nothing...I'd chuck it!

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Idk bro, from my experience, it's the pods you DON'T see that will fertilize the good
plant and it would be all for nothing...I'd chuck it!
Yeah I see what you mean for sure.
if I were in a more 'serious' situation I would but this is my first grow for fun and learning so I'm gonna just finish her out and try to control the herming as much as possible, if possible lol

Top Bottom