Hermie after hermie what the ....

• Thread starter Bangarang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bangarang

Ok so i seem to be the king of hermieing out a crop. I am not joking. I have runs that are clean and then i seem to cause my girls to grow balls. It does not matter what genetic it always happens. It does not matter what room i move to it happens all the f...ing time.
Ok current situation.
My temps are good i run around 76-81 ish and then night time can drop down to 64-70. I have a shitty mini split that i can not program.
My humidity swings like a mofo. I just dont have the power to juice a dehum or two. It can be 40% lights on and then 82% off, or vice versa. I know that many other issues come with this but i am focusing on one thing, sacks (awkward).
No light leaks and run 11.5hours. Veg is 18 hours. I do have a weird swing where sometimes i have to switch to 12/12 and run them for one long period. There is not much i can do. Should I give them a long dark period or just leave lights on?
Yes i do the dirty. I spray floramite and forbid f4 before the flip. Then the very first night of 12/12 i spray eagle. Please dont lecture me on these shitty practices. I am hip that what i do is not cool and i get it. Ever since i joined the farm i have read every new post. (Thank you for all of the great info) Could my atomizer be the cause because i have run a lot of stuff through it? I clean it after every use.
I no longer use any PGR's and anyways when i did they would appear before i would. More common than not they appear between day 14-21. Always. So whatever it is i am doing somewhere in transitition. I know this because i have passed cuts on to friends and they do not deal with this shit.
I use GH Micro Bloom, Cal/mg, Big Bud, Overdrive... Nothing gnarly. I have posted about other issues i have had but just picture what i am writing on this post. I know check my runoff every friday and keep my EC in the range of 2.0-2.4. In fact smaller buckets with 1.2 gallons of coco so i am not afraid to flush because feeding twice within light cycle.
I grow trees in small containers. I love my girls with all of my heart. Please help because it is your worst nightmare to pull your girlfriends skirt up to only find a set of balls.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I do have a weird swing where sometimes i have to switch to 12/12 and run them for one long period.

can you explain this?

if you're switching from 11.5 to 12 you're giving your plants less dark time, telling them their season is over and it's time to try to put out seed.

Feeding twice a day is going to encourage lots of root growth - that combined with a 1 gallon container will definitely herm a tree. You can tell if you're getting root bound in veg by the plants throwing pre-flowers, and in bloom they will stop putting on weight. My 4 ft "trees" get rootbound sometimes in a 5 gal with 40% coco, by the end of flower they can be drinking almost two liters of water a day.

Also what's your starting EC? 2.4 is the most I might ever feed - my girls in coco like it between 1.4 and 1.8. I'm not sure if 2.4 would be strong enough but constant high ec feedings will also really stress a plant even if she's lookin healthy. Are your roots lookin good?

last thing I can think about is light leaks. have you checked for that?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok so i seem to be the king of hermieing out a crop. I am not joking. I have runs that are clean and then i seem to cause my girls to grow balls. It does not matter what genetic it always happens. It does not matter what room i move to it happens all the f...ing time.
Ok current situation.
My temps are good i run around 76-81 ish and then night time can drop down to 64-70. I have a shitty mini split that i can not program.
My humidity swings like a mofo. I just dont have the power to juice a dehum or two. It can be 40% lights on and then 82% off, or vice versa. I know that many other issues come with this but i am focusing on one thing, sacks (awkward).
No light leaks and run 11.5hours. Veg is 18 hours. I do have a weird swing where sometimes i have to switch to 12/12 and run them for one long period. There is not much i can do. Should I give them a long dark period or just leave lights on?
Yes i do the dirty. I spray floramite and forbid f4 before the flip. Then the very first night of 12/12 i spray eagle. Please dont lecture me on these shitty practices. I am hip that what i do is not cool and i get it. Ever since i joined the farm i have read every new post. (Thank you for all of the great info) Could my atomizer be the cause because i have run a lot of stuff through it? I clean it after every use.
I no longer use any PGR's and anyways when i did they would appear before i would. More common than not they appear between day 14-21. Always. So whatever it is i am doing somewhere in transitition. I know this because i have passed cuts on to friends and they do not deal with this shit.
I use GH Micro Bloom, Cal/mg, Big Bud, Overdrive... Nothing gnarly. I have posted about other issues i have had but just picture what i am writing on this post. I know check my runoff every friday and keep my EC in the range of 2.0-2.4. In fact smaller buckets with 1.2 gallons of coco so i am not afraid to flush because feeding twice within light cycle.
I grow trees in small containers. I love my girls with all of my heart. Please help because it is your worst nightmare to pull your girlfriends skirt up to only find a set of balls.
Bolded caught my attention. Check for fliers, a la root aphids. It was when rock solid genetics hermied on me that I was FINALLY convinced I may have a problem, and I DID.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
My guess would be rootbound plants as well as long you are positive theres no light leaks. Flowering in 1 gals works for sure, but "trees" in em, not so much.

B

Bangarang

can you explain this?

if you're switching from 11.5 to 12 you're giving your plants less dark time, telling them their season is over and it's time to try to put out seed.

Feeding twice a day is going to encourage lots of root growth - that combined with a 1 gallon container will definitely herm a tree. You can tell if you're getting root bound in veg by the plants throwing pre-flowers, and in bloom they will stop putting on weight. My 4 ft "trees" get rootbound sometimes in a 5 gal with 40% coco, by the end of flower they can be drinking almost two liters of water a day.

Also what's your starting EC? 2.4 is the most I might ever feed - my girls in coco like it between 1.4 and 1.8. I'm not sure if 2.4 would be strong enough but constant high ec feedings will also really stress a plant even if she's lookin healthy. Are your roots lookin good?

last thing I can think about is light leaks. have you checked for that?
So my veg runs from 6am to midnight. Flower runs 6pm to 6am. I run my flower for 11.5 hours.
I do not believe they are root bound. I hear what you guys are all saying but this happens in different size containers. Plus when i take the shell off the airpot the roots look so good. Weekly feedings of Ogbiowar and when i harvest they are still white fluffy masses.
In transition i run 1.8 and then things ramp up from there.

B

Bangarang

Bolded caught my attention. Check for fliers, a la root aphids. It was when rock solid genetics hermied on me that I was FINALLY convinced I may have a problem, and I DID.
RA's will really do that? I have been having an ongoing battle with them. I felt like i have kept them at bay up until two days ago where i caught some fliers. I have some liquid pyrethum (however you spell it) i just do not know what it is called and how to use it properly...yet.

Cort

Cort

The big guys are already helping you but I will share a tip for light leaks.

Lock yourself in your room, lights off and sit for 5-10 mins in the dark. have every light possible on OUTSIDE your room. Your eyes will adjust to the dark and every tiny speck of light will show up, hit these with a magic marker and seal them up. Repeat test

B

Bangarang

The big guys are already helping you but I will share a tip for light leaks.

Lock yourself in your room, lights off and sit for 5-10 mins in the dark. have every light possible on OUTSIDE your room. Your eyes will adjust to the dark and every tiny speck of light will show up, hit these with a magic marker and seal them up. Repeat test
That is a great and thorough way of knocking them down. I also use blue tape while in the dark and then address those areas when lights on. Again light leaks are not the issue here.
Different rooms same problem. This problem also started before RA's ever entered my spot.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
I used to get a light leak for an hour a day as the sun crested my trees at high noon.lol.that one took a minute to figure out.lol.only in one hood too
Is there any PARTICULAR AREAS or is it the whole room?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
No light leaks and run 11.5hours. Veg is 18 hours. I do have a weird swing where sometimes i have to switch to 12/12 and run them for one long period, I never Fuck around changing light cycles, once its 12/12 that it, in your case its 11.5 that is it, never change light cycles in Flower, that's one of my rules, also there is a thread on here about Green Light, LED lights causing Hermies, and I can tell you Yes The LED ONES will cause problems,..;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
RA's will really do that? I have been having an ongoing battle with them. I felt like i have kept them at bay up until two days ago where i caught some fliers. I have some liquid pyrethum (however you spell it) i just do not know what it is called and how to use it properly...yet.
Fuck yeah they will.
That is a great and thorough way of knocking them down. I also use blue tape while in the dark and then address those areas when lights on. Again light leaks are not the issue here.
Different rooms same problem. This problem also started before RA's ever entered my spot.
With the same genetics, environment, etc? Right now you're in a process of elimination, and if you can't eliminate RAs as a cause of severe stress then you're still in a guessing mode.

When I got mine, I messed with a few things, but what did the trick for me was doing multiple flood & drains, where I left the plants soaking in a couple of inches of Spectracide with Triazicide for several hours. I also sprayed ALL areas, including power outlets, all nooks, crannies, corners--anyplace one of those bitches could hide. That product has not worked for many people, so I can't say it'll solve your problem, nor is it organic like pyrethrins are. IIRC, Pyganic was said to be effective against RAs.

Btw, I won't use a product like the Triazicide again, either. I'll trash the plants instead, especially since now I know that few strains are really strong enough to stand up to the assault RAs deliver.

B

Bangarang

No light leaks and run 11.5hours. Veg is 18 hours. I do have a weird swing where sometimes i have to switch to 12/12 and run them for one long period, I never Fuck around changing light cycles, once its 12/12 that it, in your case its 11.5 that is it, never change light cycles in Flower, that's one of my rules, also there is a thread on here about Green Light, LED lights causing Hermies, and I can tell you Yes The LED ONES will cause problems,..;)
F word. I have seen that thread but didnt want to believe it. haha.

Well we will see this next round i will not be treating with any of the bad pesticides and will stick with the clean route.

Top Bottom