Hermie on my new plants?

• Thread starter radmobile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radmobile

radmobile

Hey everyone! I have 3 Permanent Marker plants growing and 1 of them looks suspect for Hermie. Can someone take a look at these pics and tell me what you think? Only 1 week into flower - don’t want to risk it.
Hermie on my new plants
Hermie on my new plants 2
Hermie on my new plants 3

B

Bdubs

It is hard to tell. If you can get a close up picture of the base of the stems, where your nodes are/should be.

You are looking for smashed sunken in Calyx, stick and ball where your nodes are, bananas, premature browning or dark dark brown pistils. If you have any of that going on, yes it is hermed.

It could be reveg. if those things are not present. It would just seem to be some odd looking growth accompanied with stunted/seized growth. Light leak check would be in order.

B

Bdubs

As you go looking for bananas in your new bud growth, “If it is yellow, double check”. So look at all the new growth coming from the buds themselves, if you see yellow, look real good and make sure it isn’t a nanner.

S

SnoopingAsUsualI

Does not look like hermaphrodite if you ask me, but check between main steam and the upper leaves, see any bananas there? If no then you're probably fine

B

Bdubs

That super thin leaf fingers is wild. She grew fat flab leafs below. She is a smart Sativa growing thin leaves up top to let the leafs below do all the work. Very interesting genetics.

B

Bdubs

But I will say to be careful of the nitrogen. You have Aqua blue green at the edges of your new growth. She may be a tad high on nitrogen. Also, nitrogen is going to promote more leaf growth. Later in flower it will create a lot of sugar leafs to contend with. It is the main driver of foliage growth and new growth. We tapper back nitrogen after stretch phase when most of the growth is happening. After stretch phase you pull back a bit on nitrogen because you don’t need as much “Grow” nutrients and need more “flower” nutrients. After stretch phase she doesn’t need to grow up more she needs to produce. If she has a lot of nitrogen through flower, you’ll have to buy a bowl trimmer to harvest, just because you were too generous on your nitrogen. Extra sugar leafs means lower quality, that is if you are not willing to trim all sugar leafs at their base when harvesting.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

But I will say to be careful of the nitrogen. You have Aqua blue green at the edges of your new growth. She may be a tad high on nitrogen. Also, nitrogen is going to promote more leaf growth. Later in flower it will create a lot of sugar leafs to contend with. It is the main driver of foliage growth and new growth. We tapper back nitrogen after stretch phase when most of the growth is happening. After stretch phase you pull back a bit on nitrogen because you don’t need as much “Grow” nutrients and need more “flower” nutrients. After stretch phase she doesn’t need to grow up more she needs to produce. If she has a lot of nitrogen through flower, you’ll have to buy a bowl trimmer to harvest, just because you were too generous on your nitrogen. Extra sugar leafs means lower quality, that is if you are not willing to trim all sugar leafs at their base when harvesting.
thats good to know, I've gotten a lot better at blending in/out my veg to flower nutes but never realized that an abundance of sugar leaves could be related to providing N later in the growth. I always assumed lots of sugar leaves was dictated by strain. thx

radmobile

radmobile

Here is the whole grow. The one that had hermie symptoms is front right:
IMG 3213

R

RhastaBlasta

does not look like hermie, but I'd say put aside from the others and give it a week, if pollen bags will appear then hermie but currently I do not see those bags

R

RGWD0202

It looks like a true hermie to me. Keep an eye on what I have circled, those look like pollen sacs forming to me.

IMG 1944
IMG 1943
R

RGWD0202

Oh and I just got a bag of Permanent Marker, you are in for a real treat if you haven’t had it yet. Your Plants are looking really nice. And fortunately, with that plant being where it is, you shouldn’t have any problems getting it removed without disturbing any of the others if it does turn out to be a herm. I had to cut my entire Scrog out when that happened to me…

radmobile

radmobile

Oh and I just got a bag of Permanent Marker, you are in for a real treat if you haven’t had it yet. Your Plants are looking really nice. And fortunately, with that plant being where it is, you shouldn’t have any problems getting it removed without disturbing any of the others if it does turn out to be a herm. I had to cut my entire Scrog out when that happened to me…
Thanks! A lot of trial and error over the years. This was an odd one because it just started right off on every bud. I did remove the plant and the space allowed me to spread out the canopy a bit more. The rest look good so far

Top Bottom