Hermie plants >< help asap

• Thread starter Evan Duffy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Think a plant has just developed pollen sacks two of the royal queens but one of the royal queens only had one sack which I nipped off by accident but it doesn't matter like does it that's officially that plant a hermie isn't it? Fucking shame it's a cracker to, have a wee under achiever sitting on my table atm with a sack on it I'll post a picture and dunno what to do should I kill this fucker here I really don't want any of my other plants doing it like..

Dunge

Dunge

On my last seed grow I had what looked for all the world like a stamen pod on an otherwise female plant.
I trimmed the organ and watched the plant carefully.
Made it through flower with no further problems.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Think a plant has just developed pollen sacks two of the royal queens but one of the royal queens only had one sack which I nipped off by accident but it doesn't matter like does it that's officially that plant a hermie isn't it? Fucking shame it's a cracker to, have a wee under achiever sitting on my table atm with a sack on it I'll post a picture and dunno what to do should I kill this fucker here I really don't want any of my other plants doing it like..
I moved your thread, this is a basic growing 'issue' and that's assuming it's an issue at all. How old are the plants? If they've only just begun to bud and they're throwing both pistils and male flowers, in my experience trying to flower something like that out means more male flowers with a few pistils, not worth it. But, if it's only got a week or three to go and it's throwing out bananas, this is normal for many strains and really doesn't mean a thing other than it's trying to save itself. And if that's the case, then you just pluck what you find and spritz to help ensure no one gets pollinated.

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

I moved your thread, this is a basic growing 'issue' and that's assuming it's an issue at all. How old are the plants? If they've only just begun to bud and they're throwing both pistils and male flowers, in my experience trying to flower something like that out means more male flowers with a few pistils, not worth it. But, if it's only got a week or three to go and it's throwing out bananas, this is normal for many strains and really doesn't mean a thing other than it's trying to save itself. And if that's the case, then you just pluck what you find and spritz to help ensure no one gets pollinated.
Yes no problem mate I'm not the best at these thread topic things if you'll excuse the noob in me haha. The plants are Round day 36 or something hurt starting the second real week of flowering and they popped some. Suppose it's to late not as I chopped one down last night fs ah well maybe it's for the better tho now just focusing on two dinafems and two royal queens

mekannic

mekannic

bump.

I had one hermie on me a few days ago. still getting 14.5 hrs of natural sun a day. it started pre flowering with that much light. it looked like only one branch of one i topped early. is it possible for only half a plant to preflower/herm? i cut the offensive half off and am keeping an eye on the rest of it.

i am down to half of my original start and i damn well better have at least one keeper. i don't have a place i can sex any clones.

anyway, this plant shouldn't have started flowering quite yet should it? and i am really hoping to hear from somebody about whether i should chop the rest or wait and see.

the few balls that did bust started to pollinate my two auto strains and i had to pull them earlier than i wanted. tiny little girls, maybe two grams a piece damnit and was showing good flowers, just bloomed way too early, at only three inches tall, just got to the fourth node and i just topped em when they started.

thanks to anyone who can chime in.

mekannic

mekannic

but is it guaranteed to hermie over the whole plant? i ain't gotta waste no more on it. sunlight is free and i have to water the rest of em anyway so time isn't an issue. i just don't want to take the chance and pollinate any real females i do have.

i can't start another where i am. i am fixin to be in the middle of a move. the next grow will be a ways off til i get situated and figure things out.

the other half of the plant isn't showing any signs of sex yet. is it guaranteed to show the same or is there a chance at all that it is one or the other and not both?

i am not against cutting it down completely. although it is a shame. it is one of the best growers.

another nail in it's coffin for me is it is showing signs of sativa traits. and i want indicas. i have two really good short stout plants that have the fattest leaves of any plant i have ever personally grown. so don't get me wrong, i have no qualms of sacrificing it to shiva in hopes of a greater bounty come fall from the others.

mekannic

mekannic

meh, it's dead. balls all over the place. i'm down one more plant.

diary,
of a sadman
walk the line,
again today.

way2green

way2green

Been in those shoes
If u are gonna start over then I gotta chopem. If it is all you have got then run the course. Seedy is better than no smokey.

mekannic

mekannic

only got one showing herm right now. none of the others are preflowering at all. not sure why this one is showing signs of flowering, i thought it would be getting plenty of light to prevent that for another month or so. it's just one plant and i started with way too many for what my bloom closet is going to be able to handle, so it seems that my odds are just right after all my other issues and killing plants by accident and abuse etc so with the five i have left, if only two are females it better be the two that are showing indica and that will please me to no end. that will work out just perfect.

otoh, if i do lose out completely this time and/or have to chop em all for whatever reason, i will delay the next start until after my move and i can work out my grow situation much better.

i am wanting to transition to an aeroponic system anyway. I am about to take some clones and start my first experiment with aeroponics. if i can get a single keeper and succeed with aero i will have a much cleaner and easier to maintain and probably much more productive grow room.

way2green

way2green

A good plan today is better than a great plan tomorrow. Sounds like u have thought it out and have a goal. Cool

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
What was the plant? My understanding is GSC and some other strains likes to herm ..so u need to always take the bottom part of the plant off ..clean it up ... is it herming underneath? if so it might come out of it...

mekannic

mekannic

supposed to be an afghan kush from mjseedscanada but i don't trust them. my order got pilfered at customs more than once and they never sent me my complete order nor the promised freebies.

i tried quite a few of their seeds before i ever got the first bean of theirs to pop. and on top of this, this plant is supposed to be 100% indica and it shows very very sativa like traits.

it seems to be one of the main branches from the first top i pinched way back when and at the very top of the stem. i thought it was only that one branch but it seems to be starting to show balls and female flowers both at the tops of other main stems also. i am watching very close and most likely it is getting the axe tomorrow.

i only have one single GSC seed. had two and one didn't pop. both a cheese variety. and have read very many bad things about them so no plans to purchase any in the future. also no plans for any future purchases from mjseedscanada, they really talk some shit about america. horrible customer service and extremely rude the way the really talk down america, and i mean they go for the throat. i don't ever recall talking shit about canada, not even a little bit. and i wasn't a shitty customer but i felt like she hated ME the way she was talking about this country of mine. nobody's perfect. least of all me. i got my little feelers hurt and i won't be going back for any more abuse at the hands of someone i am giving my money to. i hate myself enough already, don't need it piled on by someone who is going to sell me fake seeds.

sorry, soapbox mode disabled, didn't mean to rant that tangent like that.

was that enough to answer your qestion?

mekannic

mekannic

Medusa said:
..so u need to always take the bottom part of the plant off ..clean it up ... is it herming underneath? if so it might come out of it...

if i try cleaning up a plant in the future and try to reverse the herm should i just clean areas close to the balls or take of whole stems and branches???

Top Bottom