Hermies

• Thread starter Dalai.Lama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dalai.Lama

Dalai.Lama

Since this is General Discussion, I decided to ask this question to see what my fellow cohort of growers think. Do you keep or yank your Hermies? They produce female seeds and if you really get into it ( I wish to), becoming a breeder and creating your own Auto tickles my robe. So tell me, would you harvest it just to have smoke to play with?

Dalai.Lama

Dalai.Lama

Hermies should not be used in breeding there's a difference between a real hermie and a reversed female.

hmm... That's interesting, I never knew there was such a significant difference. Do you have any experience working with them? I've heard of "light stressing" as a technique to look for females. But could you apply this to search for a good hermie?

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
true hermies are one thing... having a plant show you a few male flowers is another. i say just pick off male flowers and keep the plant alive. and yes, if you use the pollen from the male flowers you should get female seeds, but they def can be hermie prone if produced that way

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Hermies should not be used in breeding there's a difference between a real hermie and a reversed female.
I disagree that there is any significant difference between forced and natural intersex expression, I believe the hormones triggered are the same in both cases, but I agree intersex plants should not be bred with.

Dalai.Lama

Dalai.Lama

hmm, good stuff guys, so what would be the "best" way to produce a hermie that is ideal for breeding purposes?

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

The sinmint gsc were apparently hermi ridden. I had one that showed a couple of dud nanners around week 5. Didn't represent in clones though. Odd.
Not seen any other hermis from that batch or since really

Dalai.Lama

Dalai.Lama

hmm, I've heard that GSC strains are more prone to a hermie than most other strains. Is that true? If it is would my two Sinmints be usable period? Going back to the OP real quick, HOW would you recommend breeding? What's the best way to acquire my pollen (harvest from males)?

Last edited:
Dalai.Lama

Dalai.Lama

I really just enjoy learning about this blessing. A true fruit of the Gods. Genetics have always captivated me to learn more about Cannabis.

Top Bottom