Heterosis

• Thread starter REDiJEDi160
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

I would have drawn a dick and balls on every wall.... They give you better pills
It's weird they put me on 8 different medications and when I tell them that I went five years without an episode using a medication I was growing myself and that i didn't start having problems till my levels had to drop (probation so I only smoke a little bit a month) they diagnosed me with, I Shit you not, severe cannabis use syndrome and tried to put me in a substance abuse class

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Not at all we just got a CBD oil only bill. I went into the VA in Austin and they were very understanding then got shipped up to north tejas and they are very backwards like continued pushing me to go to substance abuse treatments with Meth addicts. It doesn't help that I'm unrepentant regarding my use and growing even during my probation

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

I mean good on them (the Meth addicts) for trying to get help but I don't need help I need my medicine that doesn't cause headaches, gi problems, uncontrollable shaking, compulsive behavior, and a general deadening of my emotions

Homesteader

Homesteader

Some things Veteran need to know about marijuana and the VA:

• Veterans are encouraged to discuss marijuana use with their VA providers. (So they can red flag you)
  • Veterans will not be denied VA health services because of marijuana use. (Unless you require opiates, fairly sure the red flag counters that)
  • VA health care providers will record marijuana use in the Veteran's VA medical record in order to have the information available in treatment planning. As with all clinical information, this is part of the confidential medical record and protected under patient privacy and confidentiality laws and regulations. (Yeah we know, its called red flagging)
  • VA clinicians may not recommend medical marijuana. (Even when it is obvious that it would help)
  • VA clinicians may not complete paperwork/forms required for Veteran patients to participate in state-approved marijuana programs. (who needs you anyhow? medical records are all that are needed)
  • VA pharmacies may not fill prescriptions for medical marijuana.
  • VA will not pay for medical marijuana prescriptions from any source.
  • The use or possession of marijuana is prohibited at all VA medical centers, locations and grounds. When you are on VA grounds it is federal law that is in force, not the laws of the state.
  • Veterans who are VA employees are subject to drug testing under the terms of employment.
https://www.publichealth.va.gov/marijuana.asp

Homesteader

Homesteader

Do you have any P1 strains? In the past I grew a lot from The Real Seed Company. If you can find a way to get some of their stock, they may be good for breeding.
Some really interesting strains and flavors but they don't ship to the US. Not even sure they are around anymore. I really wish I had some of their Highland Himalayan charas to cross some hybrids with. They are collectors not breeders.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

I have three supposedly true breeding strains in mind one of which is for sure stable. I also have a plan to revive a local strain through back crossing which is a real imperative of mine since its my favorite and it all but died out only one guy has a cross of it. I also have contacts in Angola trying to get the Liamba Roja out but it's hard with the restrictions crossing the border there.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
It's weird they put me on 8 different medications and when I tell them that I went five years without an episode using a medication I was growing myself and that i didn't start having problems till my levels had to drop (probation so I only smoke a little bit a month) they diagnosed me with, I Shit you not, severe cannabis use syndrome and tried to put me in a substance abuse class
I posted a link on that cannabis use disorder.... Its call gutless fuck dont want to lose money.

Where is severe cheeseburger syndrome for all the nasty fat fucks on my insurance bill.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Yea it's weird I fought for my country at the age of 18 and now at 27 I can't choose my own medicine to help with the result of my service even by the people who are suppose to be my advocates

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Well this thread got off topic but any experienced breeders see any problems with the diagram I figure it's the only way to employ f1 hybrid vigor within the same strain your working out to keep it stable

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Have either of you used world of seeds landrace series for projects?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I have used them in the past but never found any keepers. The Moroccan Ketama was by far the best of them that I found and I probably should have kept it around.

Not a fan of Ace seeds but they had a strain in the past called Mangobiche from Columbia I think. Wish I had kept that as well. Very interesting strain that was different in taste and smoke.
Another is Seeds of Africa. I liked everything I grew from them esp the Zamal Reunion.

Last edited:
REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Yea see I'm worried about working with that landrace Im trying to get my hands on because it's wild as hell but I also know it needs to get out and freshen up the gene pool. That's why I'd probably try to arrange a handoff to a few upstanding breeders who could really work it into the population

Homesteader

Homesteader

So much of so called landrace are in fact hybrids when you dig deeper. I had a nice collection at one point but many of the strains end up being sub par to even the lamest hybrids. Some though are interesting but a lifes work to really do any breeding with.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Yea Angola is hella strict on weed and destroyed nearly all of it plus entry to the country has been controlled since forever. You have to work therein order to get in. There is the possibility that the Liamba roja traveled to Panama and after crossing with the native strains produced Panama red

Homesteader

Homesteader

Some very decent Malawi strains if you can take the 15-20 week flower time.

I think in the future, cannabis become more like apple cultivars though. Scion grafted to quality rootstock. I think trying to find rootstock that has qualities against pests and disease in various dwarfing/standard sizes will become more the norm.
Could be wrong though.

Last edited:
REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

I don't know man I think commercial tissue culture is going to take off like has with other flowers and ferns. Honestly in kind of scared of how it's going to go down. Look how long it took to be able to brew your own beer and wine it was in the 80s if I'm not mistaken and then the craft beer boom didn't really hold traction till the last decade I just want to be able to produce my own without anyone fucking with me and be able to realize my dream of having a dwc outdoor scroged over a big 8x8 screen

Homesteader

Homesteader

Get out of Texas RedI.....Awesome name by the way. Maine will welcome you. Most veterans per capita

Top Bottom