Hey all, it's 2020, im looking for a good drip system.

• Thread starter StefanWolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StefanWolf

StefanWolf

I'm often out of the house for a few days and im looking to buy a system to allow me to be away without worrying about my plants. I want to automate as much as I can.
Living soil seems to be a great start, but if anyone has additional suggestions I'd love to hear it.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just build it. Drip systems are pretty dumb simple. Most everything can be bought from a lawn/hardware store. Pump is usually the only thing you need to get else where.

That above system is way overdone. Don't need airpumps, airstones, or shutoff's. Fuck a bunch of halo's. Manifold choice comes more towards if you have a static plant count or not. Manifolds like the Rainbird MANIFRE6S (or the alts just non pressure requlated) are good and cheap and I have been using them for a while if you want to use PVC and something permanent. You can also use 3/4 line and punch them/barb them/ grommet them if you want something replaceable or temp. Skip the pressure comp stuff especially if new to drip or running small plant numbers.

If using pure salts or plain water you can prob skip the inline filter. If not use an inline filter. Run 1/4 line vs 1/8 spaghetti to avoid clogs or problems. Make sure to get a timer that will go down to seconds not just minutes. You will want something like a digi cyclestat not one of the manual/analog ones since soil wont have multi waterings daily.

New

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Pump size is gonna come down to plant count and amount of drippers.

Top Bottom