Hey and I Need Help

• Thread starter newbiegrowie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newbiegrowie

Hi everyone,

since germany just made it legal to grow (a few hundred years too late), I started my first grow. Our plants are currently in the seedling stage and i have an issue. The leafs are hanging low. Can anyone tell, what the reason might be by evaluating the pictures?

Hey and i need help
Hey and i need help 2
Hey and i need help 3
IuseBIOLOGY

IuseBIOLOGY

Its all about genetics too I believe. Maybe a bit weak and maybe at that stage. But ya they don't need a lot of light. Your baby's do like afficently. So try to straighten up those walls. Make sure you have an average 70-80 humidity within the next two weeks. You know what to do I'm just saying what I see. The soil looks moist but keep them there. They may be a little slow at first what ever seeds your growing. Regular. Feminized. Autos take off but you know. Tell them they are doing a good job!

N

newbiegrowie

I can tell you that your light is a little strong.
What light do you have, how far away from seedling tops?

Just keep the medium a little moist! don't over do it with water.
Thanks man, I assume it’s both. I have a 200w LED (FECiDA for 50 Euro on Amazon). Had it like 10 cm above the plant, now I put it 30 cm above. Also stopped watering for the day and will wait for the plant to look better until I water again.

N

newbiegrowie

Its all about genetics too I believe. Maybe a bit weak and maybe at that stage. But ya they don't need a lot of light. Your baby's do like afficently. So try to straighten up those walls. Make sure you have an average 70-80 humidity within the next two weeks. You know what to do I'm just saying what I see. The soil looks moist but keep them there. They may be a little slow at first what ever seeds your growing. Regular. Feminized. Autos take off but you know. Tell them they are doing a good job!

My guess would be a little over watered
Might be, 4 seedlings didn’t make it, the stem got really thin and they couldn’t hold themselves up anymore.

IuseBIOLOGY

IuseBIOLOGY

Are you an organic kind of grower? Whats your medium. I'm personally loving living soil. I love the way you can grow many ways. I use aloe, kelp and microbes to start the seeds. Seed soak with at a small diluted amount of any of those and more.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This light should be at 60cm that's why so light stressed. You should move the light up to 60 CM above the plant tops. It will take a few days but the plants will green up and be much happier. Keep the 60cm threw veg.

Watering is the most popular seedling problem.

It's ok to water "when it's needed" but you really need to let the medium dry out before watering again. No matter how much you want to give them a little drink. Don't water if the top 1/2 inch of the medium in your solo cup is not dry. That means not a little damp or kind of dry it means camel fart dry so air can get into the root system k. If you miss it buy a few hours and the plant wilts a bit it's not the end of the world. It happens in nature all the time. Just give it a little drink and it will be standing up pretty in an hour.

Time to start shopping for big pots.
What medium are you going to transplant into?
What are you planning on feeding?

leroygreen

leroygreen

Hi everyone,

since germany just made it legal to grow (a few hundred years too late), I started my first grow. Our plants are currently in the seedling stage and i have an issue. The leafs are hanging low. Can anyone tell, what the reason might be by evaluating the pictures?
You can get a ppfd/Dli meter on Google play for free to test light intensity and they are actually pretty accurate. Instead of tin foil, emergency blankets whatever your reflective surface is change it if you can. One of the best things is just flat white paint on walls. Otherwise things look good. Remember sometimes with water and nutrients less is more. Recovering from a mistake is a lot harder than not making that mistake.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I can tell you that your light is a little strong.
What light do you have, how far away from seedling tops?

Just keep the medium a little moist! don't over do it with water.
Yea I would agree 👆

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Are you an organic kind of grower? Whats your medium. I'm personally loving living soil. I love the way you can grow many ways. I use aloe, kelp and microbes to start the seeds. Seed soak with at a small diluted amount of any of those and more.
I love my living soil I make, it's such an amazing journey that never ends, its forever tweaks and improvements ✌

N

newbiegrowie

Yes, I used an organic pre-fertilized mix. I also mixed some coffee grounds, banana peels and onion shell and egg shell into it. Watering with regular tab water. For two plants I tried adding mykorrhiza and plant coal.

N

newbiegrowie

This light should be at 60cm that's why so light stressed. You should move the light up to 60 CM above the plant tops. It will take a few days but the plants will green up and be much happier. Keep the 60cm threw veg.

It's ok to water "when it's needed" but you really need to let the medium dry out before watering again. No matter how much you want to give them a little drink. Don't water if the top 1/2 inch of the medium in your solo cup is not dry. That means not a little damp or kind of dry it means camel fart dry so air can get into the root system k. If you miss it buy a few hours and the plant wilts a bit it's not the end of the world. It happens in nature all the time. Just give it a little drink and it will be standing up pretty in an hour.

Oh okay, since I don’t use a grow tent, a lot of light will be lost at 60cm, do you think a little less will work to? I currently used Aluminium foil to insulate a little light and heat :D

N

newbiegrowie

Bought some bigger plant bags (20 liters) I was planning on re potting as soon as the leafs reach the edge of the current medium. Planning on taking them outside for veg too but it’s currently a little to cold in northern Germany

Latest posts

Top Bottom