Hey... Any growers in Virginia? I want to know if anyone has had particular good luck with any specific strains?

• Thread starter Spotsy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spotsy

Spotsy

Every year it's a battle to beat the bugs and especially the mold,, botrytis, I'm considering putting up a mobile greenhouse.... My 1st year I grew a awesome Acapulco gold plant... But last 3 years I could not get them to the finish line because of botrytis. I e noticed that some bagseed sour diesels seem to be doing ok this year,, but I'm seeking that one good strain that can handle the conditions here with ease

Powerstroke

Powerstroke

Every year it's a battle to beat the bugs and especially the mold,, botrytis, I'm considering putting up a mobile greenhouse.... My 1st year I grew a awesome Acapulco gold plant... But last 3 years I could not get them to the finish line because of botrytis. I e noticed that some bagseed sour diesels seem to be doing ok this year,, but I'm seeking that one good strain that can handle the conditions here with ease
I don't know what Botrytis is, but I am in the mid-atlantic region. I have 2 clones growing outside for the first time and hope the plants will be ok.

I don't have any good advice but I was wondering if a lot of low-stress training would help fight or prevent disaster. Do you keep her shaggy/bushy, or well trimmed outdoors?

Spotsy

Spotsy

Yeah. I try to keep em trimmed.. I'm retired , so I'm out there very day... Botrytis is a particular mold that is very aggressive if u get it.. it can ruin a whole plant in a few days if left unchecked. Some strains are more susceptible to it than others. Google images of it. If your on the east coast, you will have to deal with it. Or powdery mildew. I'm not an expert on growing and I have not been able to dial in my grow like I think it should be... Cause to my way of thinking , if your plant is super healthy, and u have your soil dialed in, you should not have a whole lot of issues with fungal infection s. I just dig a big hole and drop in a half a bag of fox farm ocean forest, and plant all my seedlings in that.

Top Bottom