Hey everyone. Just lookin for pointers.

• Thread starter Bjoern51
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bjoern51

Bjoern51

So here goes.... i am trying DWC and soil. Just started the DWC seedlings about 4 days ago now. Check the ph daily. Doing bubbler method without a cooler. First day nice and brown water with nutrients and rhizo blast at 1/4 of recommended does for seedlings as to not over do it but help with root growth off the bat. Stalks seem to be drying up tho.

As for my soil. It started off rough. Went thru a heat wave a month in and wilted everything. With a minimal budget I scrounged up enough to get a 4x4 tent going. Everything came back to life but clones I have stunted. Now about foot shorter than the three seeded I have. If see anything off or have any recommendations please let me know. I will be elevating the tent plants roughly 4-6 inch for larger and maybe putting buckets under shorter ones to match the height and give em light. Any and all info is much appreciated from this so cal grow newb. Just know I'm doing this on a short budget atm. So can't afford to much on upgrading much.

Newb grower

Hey everyone just lookin for pointers
Hey everyone just lookin for pointers 2
Hey everyone just lookin for pointers 3
Hey everyone just lookin for pointers 4
Hey everyone just lookin for pointers 5
Hey everyone just lookin for pointers 6
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Iā€™m in for some schooling Iā€™ve never grown with dwc.

Bjoern51

Bjoern51

I use king rootz coco soil mix. Stuff is amazing no nutrients needed for 2 months just weekly run off to keep flushed and good to go

Bjoern51

Bjoern51

so a update on my soils. They are growing ridiculously fast. Any tips if just let em grow or clip?

20200901 223455
20200901 223443
20200901 172100
20200827 191136
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Looking good Iā€™d leave them if it your first grow , they need to be up off tent floor get the air gap under them warmer dryer roots aids in plant health. OD

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Been trying to find something but everything to heavy and crushed the cheap blocks I got
Ok Iā€™ll call @Dr.B he has made a great grow hack using milk great cut down to suit and modifies it to allow a drip tray to be slid under a top idea suited for heavy soil grows like yours mate .

Bjoern51

Bjoern51

Ok Iā€™ll call @Dr.B he has made a great grow hack using milk great cut down to suit and modifies it to allow a drip tray to be slid under a top idea suited for heavy soil grows like yours mate .
Thank you very much OD

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Exactly.... not paying 125 for 4x4
I should have been more clear (coffee hasn't kicked in yet) they sell little plant stands I was looking at them last week in the hydro store I didn't see the price but I'm sure they are more than I want to pay; in the cold weather I put mine up on sheets of Styrofoam that I get as free packing LOL

But if you have enough milk crates around what Dr. B made is pretty awesome, myself I need the milk crates more than I need to cut them up but if you have enough milk crates they're a great idea good luck

Edit: 1st time I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for on Amazon but they were similar to this in the picture, they were plastic and more substantial than this one though
Screenshot 20200903 065253 DuckDuckGo

Last edited:
Bjoern51

Bjoern51

I should have been more clear coffee hasn't kicked in and they sell little plant stands I was looking at them last week up in the hydro store I didn't see the price but I'm sure they are more than I want to pay as well in the cold weather I put mine up on sheets of Styrofoam that I get as free packing LOL

But if you have enough milk crates around what doc to be made is pretty awesome myself I need the milk crates more than I need to cut them up but if you have enough milk crates they're a great idea good luck
Most definately. I'll look into crates and plant stands. I have 9 plants so trying to save and nothing wood because I want humidity controlled

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

These are what I was trying to find, $2.98 ea.
Screenshot 20200903 073328 Chrome

They fit right in the green catch saucers, add a small wet vac and I wouldn't have to pick these freaking heavy plants up all the time, this might be my next upgrade?

Edit: even cheaper here
Screenshot 20200903 074107 Chrome

I will probably add these and a wet vac going forward I like the idea of it enabling me to flush the plants right where they are

Last edited:
Bjoern51

Bjoern51

Got them on there way. I have a questions everyone? My plants are about 24-27 inches tall when should I start them flowering?

Bjoern51

Bjoern51

So here is an update I ended up having to get another 4x4 to start flower on my three oldest. Unfortunately funds didn't permit me to start earlier and planrs ended up growing to 37inch. I meant to start flower at 24 inches to not out grow my tents. So unfortunately I think I prob will. I'm continuing my trimming of larger leafs to give rest sunlight. I still haven't got my risers in the mail. Hydropro canceled mine out of the blue after my payment went thru fully. Here are a few recent pics.

20200910 215506
20200910 122051
20200911 223459
20200910 215534
Top Bottom