Hey folks

• Thread starter VADO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VADO

Long time lurker here, first time poster. I've been growing for about 4 years, and am right now in the process of putting the finishing touches on my latest project. Have 2k flipped at about a week in, and prepping another 2-4k worth of plants that will be flipped in the next couple weeks when ready. I have been messing with various types of coco for the past year or so, but this run is entirely promix. Not sure what else to say, thanks for reading, and I'll see you guys on the boards! :RastaBong:

Curb Feeler

Curb Feeler

I am kinda new here and didn't get a big welcome, so I figured I'd give you a nice welcome!

WELCOME TO THC FARMER!

Your systems sound great and kinda similar to mine. I use hydroton in ebb and flow buckets and have always wondered about coir and promix.

Do you have much pH fluctuation using coir or promix?

One major pain is washing hydroton after each round, I'd almost be tempted to use something I could just discard with the root ball....but, I suppose reusing my hydroton for years is making less of a footprint on the earth and will probably continue.

V

VADO

Hey Curb thanks for the response!

Promix and coco are similar in many ways but definitely different animals in the end. I've found coco to be a bit more touchy as far as feeding goes. I also had to alter my nute schedule, adding additional cal/mag. Promix is about as simple as soilless growing can get IMO. Growth isn't quite as crazy as with coco, but always nice. I've never had any sort of pH problems either, just water at 6.0 (maybe a tiny bit lower for the coco) and I get healthy plants always. I don't recycle either, but I know that coco can be washed and reused at least several times...

It's funny that you mention that you use hydroton, I've been playing with the idea of trying the stuff out lately...

I'll be sure to get some sort of pictures up soon...

Latest posts

Top Bottom