Hey guys just made it to first harvesy been in the tent for over 14 days i think like 15 days wondering if i am ready to cure yet

• Thread starter emma.dir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

emma.dir

been drying for 15 days in 55% humidity 70°F so my friend told me she tells if it's done, but snapping the small stems the small stems do snap since yesterday, but i wanna make sure its actually ready. I tried to get a video of the Tricom, and based on my video they don't seem to be turning Amber. How do I tell when I'm ready? Am I ready because of the smallest stems snap? Am I not ready because the Tricom are not hampering yet? Also, when she said the small stems I assumed that's the stem attaching the bud to the stem . I've snapped a few, but I don't wanna keep snapping the buds off until I'm ready to cure it. I've smoked two buds, and it was so so so fire and sticky, but it was quite harsh so I'm hoping, proper drying and curing will help with that. how do you tell when you are ready to go from drying to curing? THANKS!!

Hey guys just made it to first harvesy been in the tent for over 14 days i think like 15 days
Hey guys just made it to first harvesy been in the tent for over 14 days i think like 15 days
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
14 days is usually enough, but it depends on the humidity. What's your plan for curing them?

E

emma.dir

14 days is usually enough, but it depends on the humidity. What's your plan for curing them?
gunna use grove bags with small humidity things inside. how do you tell? Do you just tell by if the stem snap or is there a better way its been 16 days now at 55%. i have a wood humidity meter thing i read some people use that and aim for 11% but others said its not reliable

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
gunna use grove bags with small humidity things inside. how do you tell?
I use Grove bags for curing and have excellent results. I think you mean Boveda packs. They aren't needed inside the Grove bags. The bags will control the humidity. One of those little hygrometers is nice to have inside the bags. The Boveda packs can be used inside the storage jars after curing.

Do you just tell by if the stem snap or is there a better way its been 16 days now at 55%. i have a wood humidity meter thing i read some people use that and aim for 11% but others said its not reliable
The stem snap is one way to tell. I have a humidity meter, but don't use it. After 16 days at 55% humidity, I'm pretty darn sure your weed is ready for the Grove bags. Before loading the bags is a good time to trim the buds, or you can just cut the stems shorter. I do either depending on how the plant grew and the size of the Grove bag.

I keep the buds in Grove bags for 4 to 6 weeks. I sample it occasionally to see if it's ready to go into jars.

It's important to dry and cure in a dark place, so try to find a place for the bags that's dark and has stable temperature and humidity. I keep mine in a cupboard that's mostly used for storage, so it isn't open very often.

Top Bottom