Hey Guys Just wanting to learn what i can

• Thread starter devildog1986
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
devildog1986

devildog1986

Hey guys,

Long Story short I'm a disabled iraq vet that is stuck in a wheelchair, I am working on my engineering degree and just wanted a new approach to the world of cannabis. I am winging off all the bull medicine they put you in when you are a VA patient and do my own thing. the issue simply lies in the prices of purchasing stuff. so i want to grow whatever i can. Just for myself of course, i am not interested in selling or growing 20 or 40 plants. just want to grow enough for me. My main issues are nerve pain from gun shot wounds and sleep! i can go days without sleeping. so I'm thinking of doing a Indica and Sativa one of each i mean. i Hope you guys can help me out as far as nutrients and systems. I obviously want to be as discreet as possible and protect my wonderful wife and daughter at any possible cost! thanks for your time guys. I truly hope you guys can give me some advice as far as nutrients, PH levels, lighting and anything else involved with Hydroponic systems. i tend to learn and understand more when you explain things in detail by the way. i might need to learn some acronym's, But Being specific always yields greater results. Thanks again and y'all have fun doing what you do! This Might not be the place to say this for some people But, Semper FI!

devildog1986

devildog1986

First and foremost,thank you for your service. This is a great place to learn. you will be neck deep in meds before you know it!!!

Ive been hurt since '07 "mayonnaise"

it really sucks, you can't go to the VA and try to fix something because all they want to do is prescribe meds. At one point i was taking 15 pills in the morning 10 at afternoon time and about 9 at night. I am down to 1.5 pills a day and slowly winging off of it. my temper is horrible on them and my patience is very minimal. I have a amazing wife that puts up with all my bull but it is not fair that medicine turns me into a short tempered asshole. My goal is to get off of them and go a more organic way.
You are more than welcome, thanks for the acknowledgment. I did a experiment at one point and ended up feeling horrible with the outcome. Just a quick disclaimer "i love all living things, they all feed us one way or the other. I treat all my vegetables and flowers like my kids". anyways, instead of drinking medicine every day i was putting it in three different plants one had all the pills i took the other half and the last one 1/3 of the pills. long story short they were all dead within a few weeks. I think they give you all the medicine they can so you die before your 40 or something man. sorry for the long response but I'm sure you can relate it sounds like

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Jar head! Welcome FIRST and foremost. Like yourself im a disabled Navy Vet. The Farm has Tons of information for whatever you wanna do or try. Ever need ANYTHING hit me up, not a big dawg by any means but ALWAYS willing to help a fellow Vet! Respect!

devildog1986

devildog1986

Jar head! Welcome FIRST and foremost. Like yourself im a disabled Navy Vet. The Farm has Tons of information for whatever you wanna do or try. Ever need ANYTHING hit me up, not a big dawg by any means but ALWAYS willing to help a fellow Vet! Respect!

Thanks man, i appreciate it.

Thanks for what you did too man. I simply want to get a lot more technical as far as indoor growing. Ive done it once before but this time i want to make sure i get the maximum possible yield for myself with budget friendly things. the main thing i want to ask people is the specifics of lighting. I simply want to know what is the ideal lighting for the best yield in the flower stage. there is a lot of controversy as far as lighting when they are vegetative. some say different lights make a difference others say its no different than adding two T8-HO lights. anything you can help with i would appreciate it. and also there is a crap load of new strains out there now i did it when they were first legalizing everything in california. so that gives you an idea of how long ago it was. now theres crazy THC levels out there on certain strains. Just want to know whats the best stuff you would recommend. best way to ship the seeds to texas . and best price of course. Thanks for any help you can give me Gamrstwin36 and anyone else out there

urbanfog

urbanfog

Thank you for your service and commitment, and WELCOME to the farm! Start reading and you will be off and rolling in no time. My first grow for personal meds (also on a "salad" of opiates/pain killers daily) started with a 400watt and grew my first harvest of meds, was very proud :D You will have no problem keeping yourself in good meds and more than likely will have more than enough, then the addiction hits and you want MORE room to play ;)

devildog1986

devildog1986

i keep hear
Thank you for your service and commitment, and WELCOME to the farm! Start reading and you will be off and rolling in no time. My first grow for personal meds (also on a "salad" of opiates/pain killers daily) started with a 400watt and grew my first harvest of meds, was very proud :D You will have no problem keeping yourself in good meds and more than likely will have more than enough, then the addiction hits and you want MORE room to play ;)

I keep hearing the same thing from several others man, i keep being told you don't get addicted to the "Green tomatoes" as i call them. you get addicted to harvesting and watching your babies grow! thanks for the recommendation on the lighting man. Hope you don't need to take any more pain killers! those things will freaking kill you man!

urbanfog

urbanfog

Its true, I get almost if not more "satisfaction" just working in my garden. Yes the smoke helps tremendously, but over the last 3-4 yrs growing the special part to me is taking care of them and learning every day. As far as meds, me to bro....I take everything from marinol, methadone, norcos, somas, gabapentin, paxil, phenotoyin and a few more several times a day. For me the best way to describe it is the MMJ doesnt take the pain away, it just makes it easier to forget about and I can still function as a dad, husband, business owner and person vs being doped out all the time. There are great resources and members here who will always be around to help :D

i keep hear
I keep hearing the same thing from several others man, i keep being told you don't get addicted to the "Green tomatoes" as i call them. you get addicted to harvesting and watching your babies grow! thanks for the recommendation on the lighting man. Hope you don't need to take any more pain killers! those things will freaking kill you man!

devildog1986

devildog1986

Its true, I get almost if not more "satisfaction" just working in my garden. Yes the smoke helps tremendously, but over the last 3-4 yrs growing the special part to me is taking care of them and learning every day. As far as meds, me to bro....I take everything from marinol, methadone, norcos, somas, gabapentin, paxil, phenotoyin and a few more several times a day. For me the best way to describe it is the MMJ doesnt take the pain away, it just makes it easier to forget about and I can still function as a dad, husband, business owner and person vs being doped out all the time. There are great resources and members here who will always be around to help :D

wow man, i have taken every single thing you put on there a long with some crazy strong shit for nerve pain! at one point they gave me Ketamine ( i think thats how you spell it) its been crazy man! i am down to 1 1/2 pills of methadone for pain and hope to never get on it again. i bust my ass alongside my wife growing organic vegetables for my little one soon to be little one's. and it makes no difference with all the shit they would give me. i hope after 3 weeks i am finally off of everything and enjoy my life as my true self. since I've been winging off of stuff i notice the change in temper happiness and patience its ridiculous what effect RX prescriptions have on you. just like you i an a father husband and business owner. I'm sure we both know you can't be short tempered and inpatient when you run a business. fucking norcos turn you into a deam zombie!! worst of all yet man The VA puts you on all these bullshit medicine regiments, and then they have you piss testing every week or two as if you were a deam drug addict, yet! they put you on those meds in the first place man! got better things to do than driving 1 hour to the VA for a Piss Test!!!

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey guys,

Long Story short I'm a disabled iraq vet that is stuck in a wheelchair, I am working on my engineering degree and just wanted a new approach to the world of cannabis. I am winging off all the bull medicine they put you in when you are a VA patient and do my own thing. the issue simply lies in the prices of purchasing stuff. so i want to grow whatever i can. Just for myself of course, i am not interested in selling or growing 20 or 40 plants. just want to grow enough for me. My main issues are nerve pain from gun shot wounds and sleep! i can go days without sleeping. so I'm thinking of doing a Indica and Sativa one of each i mean. i Hope you guys can help me out as far as nutrients and systems. I obviously want to be as discreet as possible and protect my wonderful wife and daughter at any possible cost! thanks for your time guys. I truly hope you guys can give me some advice as far as nutrients, PH levels, lighting and anything else involved with Hydroponic systems. i tend to learn and understand more when you explain things in detail by the way. i might need to learn some acronym's, But Being specific always yields greater results. Thanks again and y'all have fun doing what you do! This Might not be the place to say this for some people But, Semper FI!
Welcome bro. If I can help u in any way just hit me up! Much respect brother!

Power OG

Power OG

hello bro, coast guard vet., and thankyou for your service. Gamers is a close bro. if theres anything i can help with let me know, very similar situation. i use foxfarm soil, & there full nute line up, i also use cal/mag and also blackstrap molasses. 5gallon smart pot. light i use a 400w Mars II led and love it.

Last edited:
Drifting13

Drifting13

Thank you for your service & welcome home, from an Air Force Vet.
I also grow for me & me alone in a potting soil mix with a 400watt HPS lamp in a homemade cabinet. I'm also disabled but not service connected, so I know very well about tight finances. Any questions you have just ask someone here will be able to answer it.
Welcome to the Farm, Devildog1986!

Top Bottom