Hey Guys

• Thread starter StrwbryCough
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StrwbryCough

StrwbryCough

Does anyone have any other recommendations of nutrients they love. Thus far I have only used nectar of the gods. I just wanted to see what else is out there. Thanks

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

There are plenty of nutes and nute lines that will keep your plants happy and thriving and it really just boils down to preference and the type of soil you're using. The common lines used would be the bottled synthetic nutes (General Hydroponics, Advanced Nutrients)and bottled synthetic/organic nutes (Nectar For The Gods, Earth Juice), or dry organic amendments like alfala, kelp meal, grokashi/ACT (arated compost teas). I grow fully organic personally and with this method the most important component is good healthy soil.
The rule of thumb for most growers is KIS or "Keep it simple"- to err on the side of less is more and reduce the chance of overfeeding our plants and wasting nutrients and water. Last update I saw on your plant it looked pretty nice and healthy, so I'd say stick with the NFTG line for this run and see how you like it. If it's not for you, go ahead and try another line. Just know that the flashy bottles and names are everywhere and most all nutrient lines will feed plants sufficient for a good harvest when applied appropriately.

derkaderk

derkaderk

No bags or bottles for me this year....all naturally sourced or recycled from previous years of soil.

I used the general organics lineup last year, added sugar daddy, heavy 16 fire, oily cann, and hi-brix molasses....over kill....did a bunch of research and trial and error. Now I'm collecting my own microbes and making plant and fruit extracts....but feasibly I could go water/microbes only, but I don't want to deplete the soil too much.

I say stick with what you have, seems to have great results with a few people here....if it is too complicated, then look at running a simpler 3 part line, or focus your energy in mixing soil, cover cropping, microbes or teas.

It's really more about finding your prefed method, and not so much which brand to choose....most of those decisions will be made for you depending on what method you choose to employ. ( I.E. synthetic vs. Organic bottled nutes vs. Powder soil amandments vs. Organic matter made into teas and extracts)

For me, I decided mid season (tired of constantly mixing water and buying expensive bottles) I would do "super-soil" and water only....as I researched more and more, I figured out bottles are more like force feeding your girls, and prone to issues for the novice. Super soil creates a buffet so the plant can pick and choose until it is depleted. Whereas, creating a living soil with lots of biodiversity(bacteria, fungi, and nematodes) creates more of a rotating sushi bar effect. The nutrients are constantly being cycled from one form to another allowing an ever present mixture of biodiversity(as long as organic matter and favorable conditions are present.)

Anyway, my long ass post is over....do as much research as you can now, and then inplement what you learn next go around, and reap the benefits.

StrwbryCough

StrwbryCough

Okay 2 things one my plant really loves the nectar of the gods nutes. And is doing great! (Picture attached)
2.So I got the Nectar For free as a sample to try and really I am just so amazed how much I got for free. I want to see if other nutrient other nute. companies send out free samples lol.
That will also give me a chance to try other nutes.
I won't be feeding my mrs Janie anything but the Nectar For the rest of her life btw.
I will be growing more plants next season though and I want to do a experiment and use the Nectar on one. A different nute line on one.
And create my own super soil in one. 20150707 110301
No bags or bottles for me this year....all naturally sourced or recycled from previous years of soil.

I used the general organics lineup last year, added sugar daddy, heavy 16 fire, oily cann, and hi-brix molasses....over kill....did a bunch of research and trial and error. Now I'm collecting my own microbes and making plant and fruit extracts....but feasibly I could go water/microbes only, but I don't want to deplete the soil too much.

I say stick with what you have, seems to have great results with a few people here....if it is too complicated, then look at running a simpler 3 part line, or focus your energy in mixing soil, cover cropping, microbes or teas.

It's really more about finding your prefed method, and not so much which brand to choose....most of those decisions will be made for you depending on what method you choose to employ. ( I.E. synthetic vs. Organic bottled nutes vs. Powder soil amandments vs. Organic matter made into teas and extracts)

For me, I decided mid season (tired of constantly mixing water and buying expensive bottles) I would do "super-soil" and water only....as I researched more and more, I figured out bottles are more like force feeding your girls, and prone to issues for the novice. Super soil creates a buffet so the plant can pick and choose until it is depleted. Whereas, creating a living soil with lots of biodiversity(bacteria, fungi, and nematodes) creates more of a rotating sushi bar effect. The nutrients are constantly being cycled from one form to another allowing an ever present mixture of biodiversity(as long as organic matter and favorable conditions are present.)

Anyway, my long ass post is over....do as much research as you can now, and then inplement what you learn next go around, and reap the benefits.

That is precisely what I am doing.
I really was intrigued by the super soil option! 8 I plan on using only the nectar for my Mrs janie. I feel like it would be a bad decision to switch up nutes in the middle of the season.
Next year though I plan to grow 3 plants all the same strain and use the Nectar in one.
Use a different nute line in one.
And use super soil in the one.
Based on how the bud turns out that's the route I will go.

Top Bottom