hey i need help with a bonsi

• Thread starter MLAoutlaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MLAoutlaw

i have a white widow plant that has been topped by a rabbit and is naturaly bonsaing and im not sure how to care for her

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Sorry I looked and can't find the video but I have seen a video on youtube that showed the caring for bonsai mothers. Apparently once you have them in small pots you need to trim the roots 1-2 times a year. They used a big bread knife in the video and cut slices off all sides then re-potted in the same pot.

Honestly there is nothing different you have to do. You will just have a lot of clones or branches which ever you need. My mom plants are totally bonsai under cfls in a box. I need to trim their new growth even if I don't need to take clones to keep them short. Ever once in a while while taking clones you will find the need to trim a few inner branches out it will get really dense with new growth to let light and air get in there.

Got any specific questions on the topic? A rabbit? Outside?

L

labscission

I tend to keep bonsai mothers because of height limitations, but once in awhile, I'll find a particularly vigorous clone "daughter" to replace her with. Top it a couple of times, take a look at the structure, and trim accordingly.

If I keep a bonsai mother for longer than 6 months, I will trim the roots with a knife on all sides, and add some fresh growing medium. The growth rate then picks up, and I can train her or take cuttings from her.

N

noobest

I tend to keep bonsai mothers because of height limitations, but once in awhile, I'll find a particularly vigorous clone "daughter" to replace her with. Top it a couple of times, take a look at the structure, and trim accordingly.

If I keep a bonsai mother for longer than 6 months, I will trim the roots with a knife on all sides, and add some fresh growing medium. The growth rate then picks up, and I can train her or take cuttings from her.

exactly.

Top Bottom