Hey Toto, we ain't never seen leaves like this before in Kansas...

• Thread starter ColasQueen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ColasQueen

I'm a few weeks out from harvest, and quite a few of my gyrlz are getting these kinda tweeked out, curly-Q'd leave de-formations going on....has anyone seen anything like this? This is my 4th run with this OG Kush, I haven't changed a thing and have not seen this behavior before....thoughts anyone?

Hey toto we aint never seen leaves like this before in kansas
Hey toto we aint never seen leaves like this before in kansas 2
Hey toto we aint never seen leaves like this before in kansas 3
C

ColasQueen

Thanks, but thought that and checked all the details. I'm running 600's in air-cooled hoods, about about 16" from tops. Temp at tops of gyrls is only about 75....
Strange that it hadn't happened before, runnig same set-up.....
Other thoughts...can't find anything on a nute toxity or deficency...

C

ColasQueen

It's also on top leaves, middle leaves and bottom leaves. Doesn't seem to really have a rhyme or reason to it...ah, the mystery of it all :-)

Dynamite

Dynamite

OGKush,TheWhite,Chemdog D ..seen that on all 3 of those

the plant is a little stressed for one reason or another

nutes,environment ect,,sometimes a little of that is just normal

any issue that makes the plant unhappy will cause that

upset mine for multiple reasons and everytime they looked like that and a whole lot worse

I just checked my basics ,and let them grow ..always finished with no problems

seen this from clone and veg and bloom

edit,early in veg the last time this happen to ,I fixed it with cal-mag

the tips dont look burnt at all,maybe just up your nutes in general very slightly ?

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

It looks like TMV (Tobacco mosaic virus) the chems and most OG's are known to carry the virus.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
TMV sounds a good guess, but everything I'm looking at that talks about it and has pix shows that its appearance is much more random than what we see on Colas' leaves.

These links seem to be the most helpful:

It seems that, like Septoria, there are many species of mosaic viruses.
It's also on top leaves, middle leaves and bottom leaves. Doesn't seem to really have a rhyme or reason to it...ah, the mystery of it all :-)
Well, that blew my light toxicity theory out of the water. I've bleached my girls pretty hard, when I first got my light-mover. The leaves didn't twist, they looked as though someone had literally spilled bleach on them.

Weird. Those also look sort of like the guy whose plants are looking variegated, except his are otherwise quite healthy looking.

I

InvisibleM

It looks like TMV (Tobacco mosaic virus) the chems and most OG's are known to carry the virus.

Yep, looks just like my plant that had a virus for many years. There are many different viruses that can infect cannabis.... If you want all the info just pm me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Invisible, it would actually be helpful if you shared the information forum-wide. I'm also quite curious about the previous statement regarding OGs and their propensity for carrying TMV, as this is news to me.

M

MASSES 420KING

dawg your having light stress could be caused by a leak or a drop in lumens or heat or your babies just werent quite ready for the jump it happens to alot of growers but it is a definate stress indicator

I

InvisibleM

Invisible, it would actually be helpful if you shared the information forum-wide. I'm also quite curious about the previous statement regarding OGs and their propensity for carrying TMV, as this is news to me.

I've posted extensively on another forum about this, as have many others with pictures and information. It wouldn't be right for me to post a link to it.

I'll add a little more though...

Here are the viruses that can infect cannabis -

At least five viruses cause problems in hemp: the hemp streak virus (HSV), alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV), cucumber mosaic virus (CMV), arabis mosaic virus (ArMV) and hemp mosaic virus (HMV)
(McPartland 1999).

http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/hemp/IHA/iha03111.html

Viruses rarely kill Cannabis. They only exist and replicate in living plants. Viruses can, however, seriously reduce yields. Once acquired, they are nearly impossible to eradicate. Viruses invade all parts of plants. Pollen and seed infections transmit viruses to subsequent generations.
Five viral syndromes are described in the literature. In addition to these naturally-occurring infections, Hartowicz et al. (1971) screened 22 common plant viruses for their ability to infect wild hemp. Over half the viruses could infect Cannabis.
The hemp streak virus (HSV) is frequently cited on fiber cultivars in Europe. Foliar symptoms begin as a pale green chlorosis. Chlorotic areas soon develop into a series of interveinal yellow streaks or chevron-stripes. Some-times brown necrotic flecks appear, each fleck surrounded by a pale green halo. Flecks appear along the margins and tips of older leaves and often coalesce. Streak symptoms predominate in moist weather, flecks appear during dry weather. Leaf margins become wrinkled and leaf tips roll upward, leaflets curl into spirals. Whole plants assume a "wavy wilt" appearance.
The hemp mozaic virus (HMV) has been described on fiber cultivars in Europe and drug cultivars in Pakistan. Symptoms were described as a gray leaf mosaics. Three other viruses have been cited on European hemp—the alfalfa mozaic virus (=lucerne mozaic virus), cucumber mozaic virus, and the arabis mozaic virus. Many insects transmit these viruses as they feed from plant to plant. According to Ceapoiu (1958), the worst vectors of Cannabis viruses are bhang aphids (Phorodon cannabis), greenhouse whiteflies (Trialeudodes vaporariorum), onion thrips (Thrips tabaci) and green peach aphids (Myzus persicae).

Dutch
http://img510.invalid.com/img510/4047/mozaiek38df.jpg

I have a few pictures that I could upload also....

I

InvisibleM

Since you can't get rid of a virus once infected, the older a plant is, the more more likely it has come in contact with a virus. If it was given out to the community before it was infected, then there would be virus free clones available. There are ways to rid a plant of a virus but it is done in laboratories...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you for sharing, Invisible. I only belong to one other cannabis site, and hadn't ever heard of any mosaic virus until a couple of years ago. Only assumed there were other species of mosaic virus because that's what makes sense.

Pretty depressing to see that it can be carried generationally (via pollen/seed).

Thanks again for sharing the information.

Top Bottom