Hey ya'll. Looking for better days......

• Thread starter T003L3V3N
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T003L3V3N

T003L3V3N

I've grown off and on for the last 20 years. HID only I've been under a rock evidently but all this LED technology looks awesome! I've always just lurked but unfortunately stormy weather is what brings me out. We recently had some unexpected strong storms in my area and it brought a lot of trees down. Well....... One of those trees decided to make my families garage it's final resting place. 😪 I am actually happy because my sons, wife and myself were not injured and our cars weren't in the garage. However, amongst all the carnage , what hurt the most to lose was my grow that I was just starting. Along with the equipment that Supports it(hps light, mh light, grow cube)! I think my fans are salvageable. Lol Mind you, it wasn't huge, but it kept my wife and I in medicine and was really an important part of the household. So in the spirit of "I gotta get growing" I hit the webz! So far I have learned : 1. I really wanna move outta the 90s and use LED lighting of some variety since they seem ideal for me considering I never go any bigger than 4x4x6 anymore and dealing with the heat is a pain. 2. I am a dinosaur in the growing world now. 4.the industry is more full of false advertising and bs claims than ever 3. HIDs are so cheap now they almost give em away for signing up for the sites newsletter.
4. LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, we can't afford any of it! Bad timing, universe outta whack.... I dunno.
Regardless, I got a lot of reading and learning to do so I can catch up. At least that way...... However long it takes to acquire lighting of SOME KIND, at least I'll be a smarter grower for it and my family is okay. I may even look around for broken/unwanted equipment that folks are throwing out. I'm sure that I'm quite capable of nearly any repairs seeing as my day job is Commercial HVAC-Technician. 😝 Actually, I've got an old furnace that I could gut for a new enclosure, it's 24wX32lX42h. Would probably need to be LED due to heat, one or two plants scrog. I dunno, anything is a possibility now.
Sorry folks, I'm rambling. Anyways, I look forward to learning from you all and if there is anything I can do to help any of you, that's what I'm here for.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Welcome! Still nothing wrong with hid. I took advantage and got two new solis teck ballasts for half price. Best deals on hps stuff now.

6493C366 EF96 4FFA 8EF7 0396F58D3599

Works pretty good still!

T003L3V3N

T003L3V3N

Well, I would like to give a small update with a brighter horizon. It ain't much but got one of the single "600“ watt cobs off the bay(pulls an actual 110) for fifteen bucks and one of the ParfactWorks salesmen (awesome folks over there!) had a 160(100w)that a customer returned as defective and said if I can fix it, I can have it. I was able to kinda salvage my ventilation and built a cube outta the old furnace I had. Well, I ended up taking on a few unexpected plants (on top of my own) that a friend couldn't care for so I built a tent 4*2*5 to accommodate. So yay! I'm back up and running! Only problem I have now is that my lights(due to configuration) are spread too thin so I'm sure this harvest is going to suffer even with the SCROG training. I've got to slide maybe 100 watts right in the middle and I'll be golden but hell, I'm blessed as it is so that can wait until... Whenever. It's been such a choppy start that my photos aren't as thorough as I'd like but as soon as I get some sort of timeline established I'll be posting picks. BTW, off topic but.... I don't usually feel a need to defend nor explain myself to anyone however, I'll make an exception. The following is to whoever. Ive posted on maybe 3 threads up to now, and one of them happened to be for the Mars give away(tell us which one and why you want it) . Yes, that was one of my only posts, seeing as how I had only been a member for less than 2 days and had only taken the time to introduce myself. So yes, what to do first but start begging for free shit right?.... and pop in that forum telling my "any tale of woe for a free light". I think I actually even stated something like "hey I'd be happy with just a broken return/throwaway, don't need a brand new lamp. I can understand your scepticism, hey, it's the world we live in today. I'm glad that my families hard time was actually classified a "tale of woe"(even if I was thought to be disingenuous), that let's me know that all the bullshit my wife and kids have endured and my stress level...really wasn't just my fuggin imagination. So yea, I was "one of truthful ones" and just talking to the "community" I just joined. Honestly though, you guys are all great, an abundance of knowledge that I've been taking advantage of. Love, Peace and Chicken Grease!

OH, and thank you to the folks @marshydro, they did email me and expressed true compassion and understanding. They also let me know to look for a job some buy one get one opportunities on some of their models. I definitely didn't expect them to email me to say "hey, that sucks man, we hate it" So again, thank ya'll(even if its your job for PR)

Last edited:
Top Bottom