HGV Nutrients plus additional ingredients?

• Thread starter scribe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scribe

Ive recently switched from a ~9 ingredient recipe mix to hgv. The plants have responded well so far but my question is for anyone that is using HGV. Do you add anything extra to the mix for added benefits. I was thinking of adding roots xl or sweet or winter frost during various stages. Maybe there is something others add to the hgv mix that they like. Just reaching out to see what others might be doing or not doing.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I can't answer your question, never even heard of HGV but welcome to the farm. Lots of great growers worldwide, I'm sure someone will be by to help you out.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I'd stick to the usual additives and keep things simple. Fulvic, kelp and silca are popular.

Try a run without any additives to get a baseline grow. Then start adding things to your mix one at a time and see what works/doesn't work for you.

Anthem

Anthem

I'd stick to the usual additives and keep things simple. Fulvic, kelp and silca are popular.

Try a run without any additives to get a baseline grow. Then start adding things to your mix one at a time and see what works/doesn't work for you.
HGV is very similar to Athena Pro Line. They are both high in Calcium and can be problematic if you do not follow the directions carefully. If you are NOT mixing full 25 pound bags at once and creating stock tanks than you have to be super careful with the stuff. Make sure it does not have a chance to become hydroscopic. I would suggest an air tight container for the unused portions.

S

scribe

Thank you
HGV is very similar to Athena Pro Line. They are both high in Calcium and can be problematic if you do not follow the directions carefully. If you are NOT mixing full 25 pound bags at once and creating stock tanks than you have to be super careful with the stuff. Make sure it does not have a chance to become hydroscopic. I would suggest an air tight container for the unused portions.
I dont use entire bags and weigh out my mixes which are fairly small. The unused portions in the bags get rolled up and stored in a cool dark room. Is this not good enough? What sort of air tight containers would you recommend?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Thank you

I dont use entire bags and weigh out my mixes which are fairly small. The unused portions in the bags get rolled up and stored in a cool dark room. Is this not good enough? What sort of air tight containers would you recommend?
Use 5 gallon buckets with gamma seals.

Top Bottom