Hi All....

• Thread starter mishalala
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mishalala

Going back now and doing the perfunctory introductions....
I have been lurking on this site for some time.
I finally came onto this site a couple nites ago, seeking an emergency 911 answer: I had inadvertently sprayed one of my girls with Round Up (weed killer!). Several members graciously offered their input and advice, and I think the plant is saved, so I must now fulfill my end of the bargain and introduce myself in the proper manner. (Thanks to Seamaiden and all who contributed to that rescue effort!)

I have a dubious honor: I have rubbed elbows with the Masters...but not in the capacity of a grower (or farmer, as we called it then.) After being the typical "Jeff Spicolli" stoner in high school and college, I quit smoking just about the time it became legal here in beautiful California.

As a reformed smoker, I moved to SoHum, and had the privilege of serving Humboldt's Finest. Maybe some of the Western Masters would remember me from a few years back. I lived in a small costal fishing village. My son attended Skyfish and I worked at the school, as well as providing services to the community that were unrelated to growing. A few embraced me, and I miss my friends...but I digress. Like I said, back then I was a "non-grower," which is kinda like being the only white person in a gathering of Native Americans....

I am a scientist (PhD) with a bit of TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury.) So I'm smart but I forget a lot....lol. I have been growing in SoCal for about 9 months, but have yet to harvest because of delays: stressors, mites, light poisoning...so most of my girlz are a stocky 4ft tall, outdoors for flowering and 5 weeks in. The light poisoning set me back about 3 weeks, so I am having to pretend that we're starting again...I guess I'll be harvesting in about 8 weeks. I have been assured the yield will be much larger than a normal cycle. I would post pics but I seem to be unable to figure out that process...cant seem to get to the "how to download pics" file.

So in order to placate myself, while waiting for my girls to finish (or start?), I have been reading reading reading. I think I'm pretty-well educated (both book-smart as well as "street-smart" -- or "garden smart," as it were....) I have dealt with a lot of the common problems plaguing cannabis growers (mites, PM, damping off, fungus flies, etc.), and continue to encounter more complications every day....but I hang in there.

I have mostly limped along with whatever nutes I find available, given that my housemates have proven to be adept at the art of the five-fingered discount. I hope I can contribute some of my acquired book-knowledge and analytical skills here, while learning more.
Namaste.....

Elements11

Elements11

Welcome new farmer! I gotta ask.. how did you inadvertently spray her with round up?
E-

M

mishalala

Welcome new farmer! I gotta ask.. how did you inadvertently spray her with round up?
E-

Ha. I did the dumbest thing imaginable: I used a sprayer for mites that had previously been used for Round up...without even rinsing it out! Lesson learned -- do not use a container if you do not know its history....and mark all containers clearly.

Top Bottom