Hi and can you give some advice?

• Thread starter Rattle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rattle

Rattle

Hi Everyone,
I am new here and am seeking wisdom from those far more knowledgeable than I. I've been growing my first grow (outdoors). The weather is getting colder and now a significant amount of rain is scheduled by the end of the week. For the cold, I put them in a cheap EZ up style greenhouse. They have been ok, so far. My concern is the storm(s) have some high winds associated with it. I am afraid 1. the greenhouse won't stand up to the wind, exposing my plants to heavy rains and causing bud rot. I have purchased a grow tent setup, but tent won't be here until Monday. I am thinking of bringing the girls inside to protect them from the elements for the few days until tent gets here. Lights will be here tomorrow. Am I crazy or is this a bad idea to bring them in until I can get them situated in the warm comfy confines of the grow tent on Monday. Your advice is welcome.
Thanks, Rattle

Kalibudz808

Kalibudz808

I would go for it👍 anything to protect your hard work. I’m sure they’ll be fine

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

How far along are they and whereish are you located(night temps). Bugs can stay in control/balance outdoors and be much harder to deal with indoors. If you have the luxury of your outdoor girls being mobile, why not just move them out of harms way only when you have too. Shake them off after, even during the rains. I would think it could be easier, possibly cheaper to sure up the greenhouse than bring it indoors.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This time of year without filters the stink will put you out of the house. Stick them in a garden shed or other outdoor building.
I'd throw a couple of ropes over the greenhouse and lash it down with a couple of steaks so it don't blow away, and leave the girls where they are.
How close are they to harvest ?

Rattle

Rattle

Well I decided to bring them in. Glad I did it unexpectedly dropped to 37° overnight. Isolated in one room and yes, depending on your perspective, the room smells heavenly or is quite stanky! I know it's not ideal but would it be good to hang my grow lights (came in yesterday) until tent arrives on Monday? I'm getting close to harvest and trying to make the best of a less than ideal situation.
How long is this storm supposed to last?
Several days
Thanks for the advice. I was glad I brought them in. It dipped down to 37° the night I brought them in.
Thanks for the advice. I did and they are doing well.

Rattle

Rattle

A quick follow up. Plants are getting comfortable in tent. Someone posted a question as to how close his (or hers) plants were to harvest. I am posing the same question. I would appreciate any advice on time frame to harvest. I am hopeful I have not gone too long and I will flush the week before harvest. This is my first grow so be easy on me.

20210925 1015591
20210925 1015591
Top Bottom