Hi anyone know what the problem is ?

• Thread starter Bulldogbill91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bulldogbill91

Hi I'm currently 7 and a half weeks into flower. Using monkey nutrients bloom (a+b) monkey stress monkey boost monkey pk9/18 and root shoot growing in soil ( canna terra ) under 2x 450 leds. Purchased and install 8inch exhaust ac Infinity to help battle with humidity and heat and 3 oscillating fans. One of the plants are clawing - could this be nitrogen toxicity? Or ph is off ? I don't ph my water in soil. Fella in the grow shop said to as it makes the nutrients readily available to asorb he showed me a ph graph and when you fall out of the range you start to lose nutrient uptake. He said it will take it but just longer as the water hasn't be ph'd. He said soil is a natural buffer but said he always ph in soil. And the blueberry plant in the tent alone hermied so I isolated it on its own it's chucking out bananas here there and everywhere ain't seen nothing like it. Hoping it can be saved. ( Dutch passion blueberry apparently notorious for hermies) the other veg tent the plant I'm touching as had problems since seed doing the same thing it doing at the moment. Could that also be ph or nitrogen problem or something else? Temps in veg tent 20c off 25 lights on. All other plants in veg tent are thriving I ideally would have like to put the 4 biggest ones into flower but don't know wether to pull that plant as it seems so sensitive?

Tried to cover my set up so you can get an idea if I missed anything let me know.

Thanks in advance

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
As close as you are to harvest, I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point. It doesn't look like too much N, most likely too much K from the bloom nutes, but overall your plants look pretty healthy! There's always room for improvement, of course, but I'd say just keep moving forward as you have been. I'm not seeing much fade in the fan leaves (fall colors) like a lot of people get at this stage in flower, so I'd say you've been giving the proper about of Nitrogen up til now. A lot of folks tend to switch to bloom nutrients a little too early, in my opinion, and that leads to yellow leaves and stunted growth in the end..

As far as needing or not needing to pH in soil, this can be dependent upon your water quality. Generally speaking, unless you have super alkaline or acidic water, I wouldn't worry about it.

C

Cheddar1991

As close as you are to harvest, I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point. It doesn't look like too much N, most likely too much K from the bloom nutes, but overall your plants look pretty healthy! There's always room for improvement, of course, but I'd say just keep moving forward as you have been. I'm not seeing much fade in the fan leaves (fall colors) like a lot of people get at this stage in flower, so I'd say you've been giving the proper about of Nitrogen up til now. A lot of folks tend to switch to bloom nutrients a little too early, in my opinion, and that leads to yellow leaves and stunted growth in the end..

As far as needing or not needing to pH in soil, this can be dependent upon your water quality. Generally speaking, unless you have super alkaline or acidic water, I wouldn't worry about it.
Lovely thanks for the reply very informative. Yeah to be fair I may have given to much on last to water. I haven't had nute burn this grow but there seems to be some now. With regard to the other veg tent the plant I was moving around any idea what that could be been like it since day 1 it has good days but mostly bad pull it ?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
With regard to the other veg tent the plant I was moving around any idea what that could be been like it since day 1 it has good days but mostly bad pull it ?

Do you mean that slight claw action on the last plant? Could be watering issues.. Maybe watering it too often? It looks like you have a fairly small light in that tent and that plant looks like it's furthest from it. It could be you're watering that particular plant a little too often? A little hard to tell with the information given, but I'm assuming you probably water all the plants at the same time, uniformly? If so, maybe try moving the plants around inside the tent every other day, so they all get a little more equal light, and only water plants as needed.

I'm a huge fan of the "heft" method. Pick each pot up and get a general idea of the weight after watering, saturating the entire pot's soil completely. Pick each pot up once a day and you'll notice they get lighter and lighter. When they're super light you know they're properly dried out and ready for another watering.

These wet and dry cycles are important because cannabis requires a lot of oxygen in the root zone, and this will also prevent root rot and pathogens from forming in your soil/media.

Top Bottom