Hi can anyone help please

• Thread starter Golfr323
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Golfr323

Golfr323

Hi guys 3 weeks into veg and I’m starting to see this on my bottom leaves only can any help me please thanks Sarah x

Hi can anyone help please
Hi can anyone help please 2
Hi can anyone help please 3
Hi can anyone help please 4
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Add some epsom salts or cal/mag next time you water.

It seems to me that when a plant draws Mg from lower leaves, those leaves become susceptible to being burned in this pattern when under LEDs.

Golfr323

Golfr323

Thank you I’m using hps 600 watts how much Epsom salt shall I add with the nutrients please

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think the plant looks fine and I would have already pulled off those leaves that are close to the soil anyhow. Just the plant recycling unneeded nutrients to pull towards to the new growth. calcium and magnesium need to have correct ratios. I wouldn't go to drastic with something like epsom salt but a tsp or such wouldn't hurt. Espom salts leach really easily and then build up on your grow bag in crust form. Top of the plant doesn't appear to be lacking mag though or anything for that matter.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Add some epsom salts or cal/mag next time you water.

It seems to me that when a plant draws Mg from lower leaves, those leaves become susceptible to being burned in this pattern when under LEDs.
I use a gram per gallon solves most issues, occasionally I have a strain that begs for more - I’ve also found different lights do affect nute uptake the plants under the hlg require less than the same plants under a Mars light

Moshmen

Moshmen

I think the plant looks fine and I would have already pulled off those leaves that are close to the soil anyhow. Just the plant recycling unneeded nutrients to pull towards to the new growth. calcium and magnesium need to have correct ratios. I wouldn't go to drastic with something like epsom salt but a tsp or such wouldn't hurt. Espom salts leach really easily and then build up on your grow bag in crust form. Top of the plant doesn't appear to be lacking mag though or anything for that matter.
Mag always shows on lower leaves first, treat the systems start with a gram a gallon - I know people use teaspoon but you should always weigh your dry salts

Homesteader

Homesteader

Those lower leaves show more than just magnesium buddy. They are drawn out of all their mobile nutrients as well their semi-mobile which leads me to believe they aren't getting light and the plant doesn't have a need for it. Epsom salt is fine but it is overused and causes calcium issues later as a result in my opinion but it all depends on what you are starting with for soil.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree clean up the bottoms or your asking for an infection.

Any leaf touching soil or anything for that matter should be removed.

don’t forget when the lights off transpiration almost stops and the plants loose rigidity and droop. Add to that no air movement around them and yeah. No doubt those guys on the bottom need to go.

maybe check your watering practices as a precaution it’s also often the cause of nutrient issues

login

login

Next time you trans plant into coco saturate it with 10 ml of calmag per gallon with a good bit of run off before planting in it.

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

No more leaf problems for me since using these products. Healthy leaves top to bottom stem to tip. No disease. No deficiency. No bugs.

CALMAG
NEEM

Top Bottom