Hi Everyone. I guess it pays to post.

• Thread starter NYGrowinDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NYGrowinDude

Just new to growing,

My head's still reeling after going to a few local stores. There are so many options. Anybody out there know the easiest and cheapest ways to start growing. Looking to start lighting with UFO's 2nd Gen., Any thought?

K

Karma Genetics

Only one way of learning and that is trail and eror. Yes that can be a start. Do some reading on micro grows when you want to start with leds.

And welcome to the farm

S

smokebreaks

easiest and cheapest would be bag seed, dirt, and compact fluoros.

Z

zombywolf

Here is some very basic info. You need 30 watts per square ft minimum to get decent yields. If you are in a closet type area that is usually say 6 ft x 4 ft, the math is 6 x4=24 sq ft. Multiply that by 30 watts per= 720 watts of light. you can either buy 2 400 watt units, 1 600 and be a little light on the formula or go with a 1000 and be a little heavy. The lighting is the most critical factor-soil and ferts are secondary. Soil is easy-Promix from garden centers. Fert is simple also-Jack's Classic tubs 20-20-20 for veg, 10-30-20 for flowering. Grow and flower. Nothing is simpler for good outcome.

mace

mace

hey welcome to the farm. There's a bunch of info you might be interested in reading in my signature. It would be a shame to try and cram it all into a paragraph or so. let me know if i can help you with any of the specifics

peace

T

tenacious

Supporter
welcome m8,
i think it would be best to slow down & read 1st before buying anything.
unless you have alot of extra $$$$$, you'd be best w/ a cheap shop light w/ 2 cool white bulbs[<$20], a basic timer[<$10] a small fan, a bag of soilless mix[sterilized] & apropriate size containers.
i mix worm casting, bat guano, sea weed & what ever other extra organics i may have laying around w/ some lime to sweeten it up. i suggest that a novice get a complete grow nutrient in a bottle..........................

W

woody420

welcome m8,
i think it would be best to slow down & read 1st before buying anything.
unless you have alot of extra $$$$$, you'd be best w/ a cheap shop light w/ 2 cool white bulbs[<$20], a basic timer[<$10] a small fan, a bag of soilless mix[sterilized] & apropriate size containers.
i mix worm casting, bat guano, sea weed & what ever other extra organics i may have laying around w/ some lime to sweeten it up. i suggest that a novice get a complete grow nutrient in a bottle..........................

Great post there tenacious. Like he said just kick back take your time man and read this site. This site has nothing but good things to offer. I have been reading up and doing my homework it has really helped me out with my next grow. Any ways bro welcome to the farm catch you around. READ READ READ before you buy any thing trust me man it will pay off in the long run a less you have the money to burn lol.

Solidopc

Solidopc

I know people say read loads before you buy anything, and it's probably good advice. It's not what i did though. But i've never been one to hang back once i've made up my mind. And i've made mistakes on the way

If you know you are serious about wanting to grow your own bud, then it's worth at least making sure you know exactly what you are going to need to provide for the plant. If you just want to try a really cheap option to start, then fluros/envirolites, some soil, a decent grow/bloom fert and seeds is all you really need. Plus of course somewhere safe to do it.

I'd allways suggest a hps though, as i'm not keen on fluros for anything but veg. I just went out and bought a 400watt hps when i started and stuck it in my wardrobe, above 4 nl/haze plants i'd grown to 1 foot before i swtiched to 12/12. Needless to say they were growing way too big for my wardrobe and the heat was just silly and a couple hermied. So i then had to fork out for a budbox, and inline fan.

So there's a lesson in itself. You need to assess where you will be growing, and how easy it will be for you to control the enviroment within it, aswell as choosing a strain suitable for the conditions. Like i said, i'd say if you are serious about growing and aren't going to give up after a failed attempt, buy a decent light and a budbox if you don't have a space to grow in large enough to take the heat from a HID light. Decent nutes aren't expensive really. £12 for a litre of biobizz grow and biobizz bloom,and you can get away with just using that. Soil is cheap as chips at a garden centre. Even the grow lights aren't that expensive. A 250 or 400 is quite reasonable. And if you don't need to buy a budbox, it won't cost you alot really.

Goodluck, i hope you get it all going.

trasgo

trasgo

Welcome to the farm .....!!!

the best way to begin growing:

From clones or from seeds:

First, choose the light u need. Space=Light Watts

0.75 m2 250w HPS
1m2 400w HPS
1.25m2 600w HPS

2 Fans, intraction-extraction, More capacity on extraction better
Pots as neeeded
Soil, any good commercial brand NPK 20-15-15 for vegetative growth and some other with NPK 5-20-20 (liquid or solid).

READ, READ, READ

With this formula u may begin!!!!!

Good Luck

Top Bottom