Hi Everyone!

• Thread starter MamaBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MamaBear

I'm a Colorado grower, been growing for several years and many different strains but my real passion is GDP. Starting with Ken's GDP seeds, I spent 2 years "acclimating" it to Colorado outdoor conditions. For those of you not in Colorado, that means blazing sun, hot, dry days with cool/cold nights. I grow in a greenhouse and it's not really possible to control temps and humidity without a lot of work and cash. Also, our water here runs about 8 (which many strains can't handle). Got tired of tweaking the water. So, through simple selection - I now have killer potent plants that can take alkaline water, 10% humidity and temps over 100 with no problem. And yes, they still turn purple if the temps are cool enough in September. Anyone who's grown GDP knows she can be a finicky b*tch. I wanted hearty, healthy plants before I started working on them for the really good stuff. I worried the whole time that I'd loose something during the process and I have to admit the ambient smell while growing is less (makes the neighbors happy) but I swear it's gotten MORE potent! Currently working on my dream bud GDP plus a couple good crosses (GDPxStrawberryFields and GDPxBlackberry). Also have seeds of GDPxDeepPurple waiting to be grown. So many seeds, just not enough space and time!

M

MamaBear

Thanks! I've been lurking on several sites for a while, signed onto a couple of them. But I like it here best so finally signed in. Seems there's more people here growing outside or in greenhouses. Hard to ask questions when everybody is growing indoors and/or hydro. Plants grow different, look different and there's different set of problems. And I seem to have great luck with the bizarre. Had a duckfoot Hashberry once, and no one could tell me what was going on. Also had a MALE plant hermie on me - it had complete flowers (pollen sacks and pistils). Seems like you folks are experienced and knowledgeable. Just the kind of people I need to hang with!

Anyway, here's some pics of a few of my girls (Tough GDP). I've thinned the leaves for light/air but they are starting to drop naturally now. Tells me it won't be too much longer. Should have about 3 weeks left. They really pack on bud size in the last 1-2 weeks so looks like I'll be getting a nice harvest. They are almost 6' tall - I let them grow as they like, no topping or training.
The last one is my "Sweet Girl". Been breeding the skunk out of them for a sweet purple. She's only about 5' tall

000 0042 000 0039 000 0041 000 0040

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

The training and pruning techniques will easily double your yields from that. Search the threads and read on it all, topping, fimming, lst, supercropping, and last but definitely not least is monstercropping. I have made 3 snips on my vegger and the 3 snips alone have made a bush. I could easily add more nodes. It's my avatar picture.

M

MamaBear

It's a Beauty!
I've been gardening all my life (other plants) and know all the different types of pruning and training. Just haven't done any on my girls yet. When breeding, I find it easier to compare them when left natural. But now that I'm "getting there" I plan on some pruning for the crop next year. Will be fun to see what she can do! Most likely fim them but think she might do well with scrog too. Will try both and see which works best.

M

MamaBear

Thanks and HI back to everyone! Will be making several posts on things I've learned. Not because I'm great or know everything (I'm not and don't) but because the whole point of sites like this is to accumulate knowledge and pass it around freely. I know what works for 1 person might not for someone else, but just finding info can be hard sometimes. And if I can contribute anything, even if it's what NOT to do, it will be worth it.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

So... I'm still having trouble finding the "start a new thread" button. It's not in the drop menus. What's going on here? I started 1 thread and can't find it anymore.

M

MamaBear

After you choose a Forum, scroll down to the bottom of the page. POST NEW THREAD button is there, bottom right side.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Thanks mama bear. I think my I.Q. just dropped. Sad face. But thank you I thought I was going crazy!

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I had like 8 plants indoors, 1 was female. Everything I grew outside, the other 5 to 10, died when I transplanted them in the dirt from over watering from rain. Shit soil. I weened down to twelve twelve and the female never showed UNTIL it was exactly 12/12 light period. Giving me plenty of time left to pull the males before any mishaps.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Mamabear, did you prune any leaves off of yours or did they naturally grow like that.

M

MamaBear

Uh, yep. Been my experience no matter what strain you grow, they don't like wet soggy feet or heavy soils.
I don't worry about it too much. All my females will put out several single flowers first, long before they go into full flower (start making buds). Even if 1 of those "pre-flowers" gets pollinated, you can just pinch it off or leave it and keep the seed.

Yes, I thin the leaves when they start making buds. Need to let air and light into the center of the plant. First I remove all fan leaves that attatch to the main trunk. Then thin a few more fans if they are laying on buds.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I will keep that in mind. The past 6 months I've been reading as much as possible trying to store as much as possible in this a.d.h.d. brain of mine. I'm going to try the minimalist of pruning technique kinda like you. Might tie down tops before I start the flowering process.

Top Bottom