Hi folks! Need help identify Gelato strain.

• Thread starter kg0000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kg0000

kg0000

Hello thc farmers! My first post here, I've already read and learned so much here.
I need help identifying the girls I'm growing right now.
I'm fairly certain there are two different strains in my garden, even though all of them were sold to me as gelatos.

Strain #1: fat, round, indica like flowers, very hairy. It has an earthy, sweet smell, with some berry, fruity smell in the back. Generally taller, with purple stalks.

Strain #2: thin, pointy, sativa like flowers. Less hairy than #1. It has a sharp intoxicating citrusy smell, with very sweet and fruity smell behind it. Almost like a lemony perfume girl would wear. Generally shorter, barely any purple on the stalks.

Strain #1
Hi folks  need help identify gelato strain 2

Hi folks  need help identify gelato strain 4

Hi folks  need help identify gelato strain 5

Strain #2
Hi folks  need help identify gelato strain 3

Hi folks  need help identify gelato strain

Hi folks  need help identify gelato strain 6

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
gelato? mmm.
i’m growing 3 gelatos now, though almost 6 weeks old from seed.
what number strain do you think?

RobustElegance

RobustElegance

I think 2 looks more like mine. I noticed the spine of the larger leaves of all 4 of my Gelatos is a dark red color instead of green like my other 2 stains. Hope that helps!

PicsArt 01 17 060623
Seraphine

Seraphine

Were they clones of the same plant or from seed? If from seed, they could just be different phenotypes. If they are clones from the same mother, then you could have been sold two different strains.

RobustElegance

RobustElegance

Were they clones of the same plant or from seed? If from seed, they could just be different phenotypes. If they are clones from the same mother, then you could have been sold two different strains.
Mine are all clones, I got them when they were about 14" tall. 4Gelatos, 4 Dosey Dose and 4 GrandDaddy Purps :D

kg0000

kg0000

@GNick55
When I brought the clones, the guy says it's #45. I wanted #33, but now I just wonder if I have a gelato here at all.

@RobustElegance
:D appreciate the photos. Mine is definitely dark red/purple alright. Yours is much better looking in veg though, mine got really tall and stretchy.

kg0000

kg0000

They were clones :( They are now in week 6 of flower, and I definitely have two different strains. All of strain #2 has turned purple.
It's the main reason I was hesitant at buying clones. Can't really tell the difference until late flower.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
@GNick55
When I brought the clones, the guy says it's #45. I wanted #33, but now I just wonder if I have a gelato here at all.
i’m sure you can believe that “guy”, what does he really got to gain, unless he started from clones, than who knows, gelato generally will not be big huge colas.
mine are still in veg, started from seed. topped, lst training,
maximize!

@RobustElegance
:D appreciate the photos. Mine is definitely dark red/purple alright. Yours is much better looking in veg though, mine got really tall and stretchy.

RobustElegance

RobustElegance

@GNick55 thanks! Mine are all clones from my first ever harvest, but my mentor's had this strain going for almost a year; I'm growing some dosey dose and some Granddaddy Purps along w/ the gelatos. They're around 3.5' tall and still till in veg the rest of this week. Plan on starting bloom nutes and taking off 24 hr light cycle this weekend! :D

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
cool, i’m not far from switching either, just trying to get the slow growing one to come along a little more,
did i you ou have any issues so far with the gelatos?

Top Bottom