Hi from northern cal

• Thread starter caligirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caligirl

caligirl

Hi there, i decided to join this site because i wasnt finding current info and replies on others. Im a medical user/grower in northern california, 30 minutes from the coast. Ive been growing for a few years but last year was my first big grow - we have a nice limit here. I grew mostly tga genentics, in the ground and containers. I had a good harvest yet the usual wet weather in october really caused mold issues. Trimming has been a bitch (hard to keep up with) but we got it done. Im going to start a small indoor grow in a few weeks.
Looking forward to talking with some of you, and thanks for being here

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hey there CaliGirl, you definitely came to the right place to get information. There are lots of fantastic growers on here with a limitless amount of knowledge. Do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have about growing and Cannabis in general, you will certainly get the answer to your questions. This is great site and seems to get better every day.

Throw up some pictures of your garden, I would absolutely like to see what your buds and garden look like. Sorry to hear about the mold issues.

Thanks for joining us here and I look forward to your posts.

SoSour

SoSour

Hey CalliGirl,I'm also new here but figure your problem with mold is a genetic issue....
I'm sure once you find a few different strains that are proven outdoors, you'll be laughin'.. ...
all the way to the bank!:)
Good Luck on the hunt! $$

caligirl

caligirl

Hey so sour, I think you are right about the genetics (tga strains better for indoors). My caseyjones, cannatonics, purple widow and cindy, diesels, afgooey, chocolope and blue dream all did much better than my jilly bean, qrazy train,kaboom and chernobyl. The tga's looked so good vegging and then mites, mold and mildew struck. i think i actually found a great strain resistant to the three dread m's - my casey jones was perfect! No health issues, hugh yield,killer smell and flavor. Cj was one of the first strains i grew and i will keep this cut going forever. I just ordered some deadhead og seeds for an indoor grow (will use clones of summer plants too). Also am going to try some other og's and kushes (lost coast, kandykush, headband, chocolope kush) - so excitied!!!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Hey so sour, I think you are right about the genetics (tga strains better for indoors). My caseyjones, cannatonics, purple widow and cindy, diesels, afgooey, chocolope and blue dream all did much better than my jilly bean, qrazy train,kaboom and chernobyl. The tga's looked so good vegging and then mites, mold and mildew struck. i think i actually found a great strain resistant to the three dread m's - my casey jones was perfect! No health issues, hugh yield,killer smell and flavor. Cj was one of the first strains i grew and i will keep this cut going forever. I just ordered some deadhead og seeds for an indoor grow (will use clones of summer plants too). Also am going to try some other og's and kushes (lost coast, kandykush, headband, chocolope kush) - so excitied!!!
Try golden lion genetics OG32 its supposed to be resistant to mold/mildew and its available here on the thcbay,good luck.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hi Caligirl- welcome to the Farm! I just got a cut of the purple jones from a close friend who said it was amazing, so your comments are making it harder to wait for my lil cut to grow up big and tall!

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

HI cali girl am new here too! sounds like you have a lot on the agenda, exciting times. Good luck and i look forward to your updates

kendog000

kendog000

Welcome to the farm Caligirl, think youll find what ur looking for here!!

Peace
Ken

caligirl

caligirl

Hi Caligirl- welcome to the Farm! I just got a cut of the purple jones from a close friend who said it was amazing, so your comments are making it harder to wait for my lil cut to grow up big and tall!

Im vaping my casey jones now and even though i just jarred it up and it had cured, it taste amazing and is always sooo sticky! Im looking at some casey jones crosses such as chemmy jones or hey dave. Ive grown cj in six different grows, inside and out, in super foggy climate and never a spec of mold mildew and no bugs, even when neighboring plants do. Keep me posted on your purple jones (are their seeds for that strain or is it clone only?)

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Welcome! There are so many folks on "The Farm" with a lot of great skills.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Im vaping my casey jones now and even though i just jarred it up and it had cured, it taste amazing and is always sooo sticky! Im looking at some casey jones crosses such as chemmy jones or hey dave. Ive grown cj in six different grows, inside and out, in super foggy climate and never a spec of mold mildew and no bugs, even when neighboring plants do. Keep me posted on your purple jones (are their seeds for that strain or is it clone only?)

Disease resistance is always a nice bonus- and the quality is what everyone raves about... I'll keep you posted, even though it's still got a long way to go yet.

Re. whether it's a clone only, I don't know- but I did get it as a cut.

incognito

incognito

Hi "Caligirl". I live a few hours north of the Bay Area so howdy neighbor. I am new to "The Farm" as well. I sense that you are an excited grower. I feel your passion for the subject. In the last month, I have spent several hours perusing "The Farm". It didn't take long to find clever new tricks.
It can be risky starting an indoor grow. You should consider it a mandate to seek out advice/guidance for your first few blooms. If you don't have anyone to consult on-site, there are many friendly, experienced growers here. It's a nice place to hang out when trying to remain anonymous.
See ya around :)

caligirl

caligirl

Hi incognito, thanks for the response. Actually i have a few indoor grows under my belt and several outdoor grows and u r right, the advice is always helpful

caligirl

caligirl

Though i have been growing for years, this year was my first outdoor grow of sixty plants (we are allowed 30 per patient) and it was tooo much work for one person. I'm going to pop to seeds soon to do a couple small indoor grows and figure out what strains i will be using for next summers slighlty more manageable grow. I have my clones from the tgas (which i will not be growing outdoors again (all three m's got them bad and left other strains untouched!) Think my qrazy train, jilly bean, chernobyl, jacks cleaner II and dairy queen will be indoor only from now on, casey jones is my hero - such a great resistant, delicous strain, will always grow that. The new seeds im trying are Deadhead OG, Lost Coast OG, Kosher and Kandy Kush, - anyone grow any of these?

chromedoggy

chromedoggy

I have the same problems, exactly, so I'm curious what people say on this post. Our winners this year were Alien OG and Masterband. Others looked great but molded/had mite problems (terrible year, eh?), or didn't mold but were kinda boring.

Top Bottom