Hi Guys & Gals.. Also A Question

• Thread starter Denimdemon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Denimdemon

hey crew,

New here, from Aus & have a question around transplanting..
I've got to move house & have a landrace Malawi in the ground that was once used as a mother under lights.. she's just stretched her legs from being root bound. Can I dig her up again and pot her without her dying?
Moving out doors shocked her a bit would another uprooting be too much?

Being the strain she is, I'd love to see her finish, even if the yield is down.

Cheers

D

Denimdemon

IMG 1934
IMG 1935

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

Try and judge the size of the root system before you stick your spade in. The roots of trees and plants are normally about the same width as the bush/branches on the top. I would go an extra foot radius just to be safe. Same as the depth, what you’ve dug out wide and dig down the same . Place the root system into a bin bag for the move. Good luck and be careful and lift from bottom of the stem straight up once you’ve dug around it.

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

Try and judge the size of the root system before you stick your spade in. The roots of trees and plants are normally about the same width as the bush/branches on the top. I would go an extra foot radius just to be safe. Same as the depth, what you’ve dug out wide and dig down the same . Place the root system into a bin bag for the move. Good luck and be careful and lift from bottom of the stem straight up once you’ve dug around it.
shes still in veg so won’t stress her out to much, she’ll be fine.

D

Denimdemon

Awesome thanks for that :)

Fingers crossed she'll survive the procedure. Hopefully the shock may shorten the flowering time a little, moving her from inside to out got her flowering for a few weeks prior to starting to stretch again..

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

I do this all the time in work with trees and plants, just take your time. Good luck matey.

D

Denimdemon

Cheers mate, good to know it can be done.

Shame she'll end up root bound again in a pot :|
But have clones & seeds from her x another landrace Malawi boy

Latest posts

Top Bottom