Hi i have a situation

• Thread starter Sofi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sofi

Sofi

Well it seems like my girls are growing out of control here! I was wondering how much can I top a 6.5ft plant she's like 4 ft wide already as well... my fence is like 6ft lol so I need her not to get over that mark! I think she's a few weeks shy of the flowering stage..maybe??

Hi i have a situation
Hi i have a situation 2
Hi i have a situation 3
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

It will begin to flower around mid august. (Provided you are in the northern hemisphere). Then you’ll have about 75-80 for the bloom period. It’s all tied to hours of sunlight a day.

Sofi

Sofi

She revegged, all those bushy three bladed leaves. I would bend her over 90° with some wire or twine, the branches will grow straight up for a nice even canopy.
Lst? I've never tried this method, would u have to cut flowers on the bottom or do they all correct themselves? If they position themselves upright wouldn't it be overcrowded? 🤔 lol I guess my attempt to breed autos was not successful because these are Def not it 😅 I had bought auto fem gsc n reg berry bombs (which I thought were autos as well)

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Bending the plant to a 90 degree angle is actually HST. Regardless, it won't be a problem. You can also just sheer off the top, as @Ponky said.

Cannabis plants are very resilient to physical damage. If it is important to keep the plant UNDER the top of the fence, do it by any means necessary. The plant will forgive you.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You might want to check out, weed schooling, on YouTube and pick the bending, training, and supporting video. He does a pretty good job of showing how to do it. It’s an older Series of videos but they are pretty informative on outdoor growing. Bend, Don’t top. You will be impressed with what you wind up with. Good luck

Sofi

Sofi

You might want to check out, weed schooling, on YouTube and pick the bending, training, and supporting video. He does a pretty good job of showing how to do it. It’s an older Series of videos but they are pretty informative on outdoor growing. Bend, Don’t top. You will be impressed with what you wind up with. Good luck
Thanks, ive seen some vids just never needed it til now 😆 I've grown a few in pots n mostly autos so they didn't get very big. But now I've got 2 that looks close to 7ft 🤣 n it's been raining cats n dogs. So I haven't been out there as much as I needed to

Ponky

Ponky

Thanks, ive seen some vids just never needed it til now 😆 I've grown a few in pots n mostly autos so they didn't get very big. But now I've got 2 that looks close to 7ft 🤣 n it's been raining cats n dogs. So I haven't been out there as much as I needed to
The extreme option is to lay the pot at an angle. And make the plant grow almost on its side. To keep the height down.

Madbud

Madbud

I wouldn’t top it. This late in veg it might stall flowering by a couple weeks. I’ve done it🙄

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

LIke ponky said, chop a foot or so off the top then tie the side branches so they grow perpendicular to the ground.

Edit: well, after madbud said don't top it because he has experience doing it, maybe dont do it lol

Tie that broad down lol

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I bent For the first time last year. Was amazed at the results.Won’t grow any sizable plant outdoors without bending now. Just pick up a few things you’ll need and take your time gradually getting them over to approximately 45°. All those lowers will turn into pretty nice colas. Bend them to the north I’m pretty sure if you are in the states. Your plants have a ways to go and they will really benefit from it. But then you will create another problem. Going to need a bigger drying shed. LOL

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
in those size bags they won’t get that huge unless the roots can grow through the bottom into the ground.

Top Bottom