Hi I'm new and need guidance

• Thread starter bobgod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobgod

I'm currently at a loss. The leaves on my plants are wilting. I'm growing in a closet setting with a 450 watt HPS. The temp is fine, there is plenty of ventilation, & watered them 3 days ago and the PH was within range. They are currently 6 weeks old and are stunted (finally the plants have their first set of 5 leaves). I'm using bagged soil which contains peat, perlite, wood products,and calcite limestone. I ammended the soil with coca and more perlite. I added a stronger soil mixture with bat guano, chicken manure, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, worm castings, forest humus, oyster shell and dolomite limes as top soil at my last watering (three days ago). I'm using 1 gal pots and even after 3 days the pots are just as heavy, seems that they are not taking in any water. Now the leaves are wilting and curling. Help! Can my plants be saved?

buffbuds

buffbuds

if in veg, yes, they can be saved. You are watering too often. cut it out. be a pothead, get stoned, forget to do stuff to them. they can take being bone dry (the soil) for several days. that could mean more than a week between waterings normally Now, it might be more like 2 weeks till the plants start growing more roots. Roots grow in response to not having enough water around them. they search out other pockets of water in the soil. BUT, if there is already root rot (sounds like it) your best bet is start over. By 6 weeks into veg, my plants are usually 2 feet tall (from seed) or 3 feet from clone. I put WAY too much light over em, like 250 watts per plant, as close as I can get staying under 75 degrees.

So, basically, you drowned your plants. It used to happen to me. but now, I use straight coco coir (like bio bizz, canna coco, or GH/botanicare bricks), it holds alot of water, but it won't over water as easily, even when I used to feed them 2x daily in ebb and flow (which is a bad idea...) 4x daily they had problems though.... When using Coco, you need to add more nutrients in the begining, as there shouldn't be any in the coco to start (except with canna, then there's a LITTLE) hope I helped. god knows people aren't just gonna tell you how to grow pot, seeing as you like in HELL (Utah, of course) Dude.... I went there to visit family, one of my cousins was like "hey B, you wanna smoke??" Pulled out fucking cigarettes and talked about being a rebel... they were 19 at the time... I told them rolling your own was BOSS. so I rolled her a joint. blew her freaking mind. she had no idea it was pot either. never smelled the stuff before. now she's convinced that "sativa" is a brand of roll your own cigarettes and I bet she asks for them all the time. I bet no one knows what she's talking about either...

B

bobgod

HI buffbuds,
You are a Godsend, Your message really helped me. I'm going to try the coco coir with some seedlings and see what happens. Just got a sample bottle of Green Fuse it like B'Cuzz. I'm definitely will take your advice. Utah is really different. They grow babies here more than anything else. Believe it or not, I had a Mormon kid selling me weed for awhile. Now I have to go downtown and take a chance on getting busted until I can start my perpetual harvest. What nutes do you use with straight coco coir for seedlings? Since I can't find any weed I ordered some poppy pods, I don't see the attraction, just made my stomach hurt. I ordered Jack Herer from England, only 1 seed popped out of 12, I pray that I can keep that Jack alive. The Jack is 5 inches tall and at least the first set of 5 fingered leaves have come out. Worse comes to worse maybe I can make a clone out of it and place it in some coco. They all seem their best in the morning and wilt by evening. So I also suspect there might be some pyrithium in root zone. I will let you know how things go after letting them dry out. My new seedlings are coming up strong because they have been drying out. Is it okay to spritz the leaves with water in the morning? Thanks very much. I have a big bag of Mexican seeds, that helps me experiment a little bit. Well, you've dried up my tears. You are the God of Ganja growing. Will download some pictures once I figure out how. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Top Bottom